Help me understand ...

Then why the grumpy face? Smile! :yes:

TJ, I used one of the big smilies on my phone, but maybe it came through as the wrong thing because I'm posting from my phone and not desktop?

Maybe iPhone emojis get translated to something other than the one selected?

Help me out here - how does this show up? 😁 (This is the biggest smiley emoji on iPhone.)

If this is true and the iPhone emojis don't translate accordingly, it makes me wonder what I've been posting!

If next year's class has indeed signed LOI's, it would be a no brainer to cut ties with Holly now. Most any coach would come here with the number 1 class in waiting. I'd hate to see Holly ruin the talent that's coming in. I would like to see Kim Mulkey here. Pay her what she would want.

This site lists Mulkey's salary at $1.1 million over two years ago.

Athletics over academics? The price of success is steep for Baylor sports | The Baylor Lariat

Baylor is not subject to public open records laws so exact numbers from the university aren't available.

Here is a list of other Big 12 coaches salaries.

College Sports: Big 12 women's basketball coaches salaries: See how Sherri Coale stacks up against Karen Aston, Bill Fennelly, more | SportsDay

Yea! Hopefully a new AD will finally listen to the masses and replace Holly. That is the only chance the LV's have to get back to respectability.

The masses? To clarify, would you lean more toward "vocal minority" or "angry lynch mob"?

Geez. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
The masses? To clarify, would you lean more toward "vocal minority" or "angry lynch mob"?

Geez. Lol

Right!!!! The masses???? Just because they're so many people here that spew negativity, and they outnumber the positive ones....they think that's how "the masses" feel....they're in the majority on this website, but in reality, there are far more people who support Holly, than those that want her fired.

Right!!!! The masses???? Just because they're so many people here that spew negativity, and they outnumber the positive ones....they think that's how "the masses" feel....they're in the majority on this website, but in reality, there are far more people who support Holly, than those that want her fired.

I just saw on another thread where Coach Jumper informed 1CHATTTVOL that "they should read the forum before "spouting off because the issues people had with Holly were nothing new."

Then amb commented back to CJ that this was a new poster and that it "had to be one of Holly's few supporters creating a new handle."

They (or at least amb) think the ones posting to fire Holly on VN represent the entire fan base in wanting Holly gone.

Wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

I don't know about masses, but if you attended the Baylor game there were a massive amount of seats empty for a game against the #4 rated team in the country. Half of those people were gone by the end of the third quarter. A mass number of people are showing their displeasure by not attending the games. But as we have heard every year since Pat stepped down, just wait until next year.

I just saw on another thread where Coach Jumper informed 1CHATTTVOL that "they should read the forum before "spouting off because the issues people had with Holly were nothing new."

Then amb commented back to CJ that this was a new poster and that it "had to be one of Holly's few supporters creating a new handle."

They (or at least amb) think the ones posting to fire Holly on VN represent the entire fan base in wanting Holly gone.

Wrong.

Actually, it means that I think that 1CHATTVOL is a hider handle for one of the other posters on this board.

But to your point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more Holly detractors than Holly supporters outside of VN. Just like with any other sports team, fans like winners. And when they are used to rooting for winners and now they're not, they'll grab the pitchforks and demand change.

It's no coincidence that attendance has sharply declined. Sure, some old time fans have passed away, but the program will have a hard time attracting new fans with the play on the court.

I don't know about masses, but if you attended the Baylor game there were a massive amount of seats empty for a game against the #4 rated team in the country. Half of those people were gone by the end of the third quarter. A mass number of people are showing their displeasure by not attending the games. But as we have heard every year since Pat stepped down, just wait until next year.

Was at the Baylor game as I am most every game. While I did think the crowd was less than I hoped, it was probably one of the top 5 crowds for any ladies game that week.

I think there were lots of factors at play. Bad weather keeps a lot of our older fan base at home especially when the game is on tv.

I think anyone that wasn't at the game as a statement against HW probably hasn't been there for several years. And probably wouldn't have been no matter who the coach was.

Any factual polling data to substantiate that or is it just your opinion ?

I think because of the recruiting class and the two players sitting out with injury she get a pass this season regardless of whether we make the tourney or not. I think she has to win big the next season with the talent and depth she will have or she should definitely be on the hot seat.

Actually, it means that I think that 1CHATTVOL is a hider handle for one of the other posters on this board.

But to your point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more Holly detractors than Holly supporters outside of VN. Just like with any other sports team, fans like winners. And when they are used to rooting for winners and now they're not, they'll grab the pitchforks and demand change.

It's no coincidence that attendance has sharply declined. Sure, some old time fans have passed away, but the program will have a hard time attracting new fans with the play on the court.

P.S., Amb, I'm not a hider handle. Sorry to disappoint. Just had my fill of all the negativity.

VN Store

Back