Helfrich/Hoke rumor from Oregon

Butch is in Pittsburgh today wonder if Tomlin is going to resign and come here as a grad assistant? :)

Reactions: 10 people
Isn't that speculation from a message board just like this one?

Edited: there is no site "like" this one. All others are crap comparatively. My apologies Freak.

nice catch...sometimes our ass can get in front of our brains...:)...:salute:

GO VOLS!

Who is that on their board saying that? A mod? Recruiting service?

Sounds like good info regardless, because of the detail of Stripling not retiring, but taking staff position.

Who do you think you are questioning something posted by Misterbiscuit?

Reactions: 5 people
I'll take these staff changes...

Mahoney let go, Martinez let go, Strip Promoted...

OC/QB - Mark Helfrich
OC/OL - Mike Debord

DB - Terry Fair
DL - Brady Hoke

S/C Coach I guess it's still Rock Gullickson?

What the heck has Terry Fair done to deserve a coaching spot? Not a dang thing.

He played the position and runs his mouth on the radio. Doesn't mean he can coach.

This entire thread is nonsense. OP is probably the same guy who posted on the Oregon board.

Because WHO IS CHECKING OREGON BOARDS IN THE OFF SEASON

Edit: I confused Fair for Swain. But stand by the rest of my statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

He played the position and runs his mouth on the radio. Doesn't mean he can coach.

This entire thread is nonsense. OP is probably the same guy who posted on the Oregon board.

I think you're confused about who Terry Fair is...

Reactions: 10 people

Remember when our DBs were playing well under Martinez? That was because Fair was coaching them up behind the scenes. Once he left for a DB Coach position at another school the group started tanking.

Reactions: 2 people

Fair is coaching DBs at CSU..but yeah other than being a VFL he wouldn't stand out
CSURAMS.COM Terry Fair Bio - Colorado State University Official Athletic Site Colorado State University Official Athletic Site - Football

Coached well the last two seasons at Colorado State and was well regarded as a QC at Tennessee. He ran his mouth on the radio because his bosses kinda insisted. Strong and silent doesn't translate to ratings. :)

Reactions: 1 person
I've actually wondered if the reason Cam Sutton played so well his freshman year, yet never really improved much afterwards, was because of Terry Fair leaving.

Reactions: 4 people
Coached well the last two seasons at Colorado State and was well regarded as a QC at Tennessee. He ran his mouth on the radio because his bosses kinda insisted. Strong and silent doesn't translate to ratings. :)

I think they were decent...but hey they did give up 61 points to Idaho this year

I've actually wondered if the reason Cam Sutton played so well his freshman year, yet never really improved much afterwards, was because of Terry Fair leaving.

You mean like how he "never improved" but will be likely be a first round draft pick?

Reactions: 2 people
5035005.PNG

they are just catching up with the rumor mill from Tennessee. takes a while to get on the left coast. that rumor has been here since end of Vandy game

You guys are behind...apparently they are bringing Kelly too :)

FIRE BUTCH JONES ‏@YearOfPeyton 1h
1 hour ago

can't believe the #Vols are going to hire Helfrich AND Kelly. Helfrich to coach QB's, Kelly will be Offensive Coordinator

Coached well the last two seasons at Colorado State...

I don't know what Fair has had to work with personnel-wise, but CSU's pass defense rating fell pretty drastically this year:

2014: 116.19 (27th nationally)
2015: 121.16 (46th; Fair's 1st season)
2016: 143.66 (107th)

FWIW, Tennessee's pass defense rating has ranked 24th, 16th & 34th respectively during the same time span.

I don't know what Fair has had to work with personnel-wise, but CSU's pass defense rating fell pretty drastically this year:

2014: 116.19 (27th nationally)
2015: 121.16 (46th; Fair's 1st season)
2016: 143.66 (107th)

FWIW, Tennessee's pass defense rating has ranked 24th, 16th & 34th respectively during the same time span.

Where on earth did you get those stats?

I definitely was thinking Jayson Swain.

Swain is too busy coaching up recruits for Clemson and proud of it, all while bashing the UT coaching staff on his radio show. I don't know why anyone would listen to his show. Stokes is just an ass, so glad to see Ainge back on the radio full time.

Reactions: 4 people
You guys are behind...apparently they are bringing Kelly too :)

FIRE BUTCH JONES ‏@YearOfPeyton 1h
1 hour ago

can't believe the #Vols are going to hire Helfrich AND Kelly. Helfrich to coach QB's, Kelly will be Offensive Coordinator

We can hope right? :)

VN Store

Back