Hearings on Niger?

The right doesn't even want to look into this one. The same folks that were screaming that Hillary should be charged with murder in the other. BTW, there seem to be some similarities in the allegations at the outset. Who knows what'll shake out.

I’m sure the Army has done an after action review.

Comparing a military operation to Benghazi is just plain disgusting.

Reactions: 3 people
Who dropped the ball? The intelligence officer who put together their plan. That. Is. It.

Among other things. More significant is why they were not better protected? Were there requests for It? Reports are French helicopters responded in 30 minutes. Why did it take so long? Why weren't there helicopters closer? Did someone delay the response?

Need hearings. Need to subpoena all communications on it. Let's get the parents on tv more and exploit their grief. Where is Trey Gowdy on this? I thought he was all about answers and accountability.

Guess maybe not.

Clandestine. Google it.

The right doesn't even want to look into this one. The same folks that were screaming that Hillary should be charged with murder in the other. BTW, there seem to be some similarities in the allegations at the outset. Who knows what'll shake out.

1. military operation not diplomatic
2. part of an anti terrorist mission I read
3. no calls for help or extraction that I have read
4. did Trump lie about why they died?

Reactions: 5 people
It is funny that the right was so outraged by the 4 Benghazi deaths, but these four they want to ignore.
.... and the left is so concerned over these but not Benghazi where they actually had members of highest government involved.

Actually not funny but rather pathetic.

Reactions: 2 people
The WH prepared a statement, but it was false. There was an alarming underestimating of the potential for an attack on the soldiers deployed there. Who dropped the ball?

I think we need at least four or five different committees to do about a dozen reports, all at taxpayers' expense, to get to the bottom of this and to send someone in the Trump administration to jail.

Not until they blame it on a YouTube video

Reactions: 2 people
What are the chances the non green beret fled the fight? He was just an administrative person (aka a driver). That would explain finding him so far from the battle where apparently no one left until it was over.

None of which answers the three questions. Why were they there? What happened ? Why wasn't it prevented ?

Need hearings.

No we don't.

North Africa is full of people who have ill will towards the U.S. - we're there (and have been there for years) to make sure that those dudes don't follow through with all those bad intentions they have. SF guys are deployed across the globe to work with natives to uphold American interests.

Bad things sometimes happen when these guys go into harms way. Turning what they do into a political football would be a colossal waste of time and counter productive to their mission.

Reactions: 1 person
So where does the disgust come from? None of those seem to reach into that realm

for Benghazi or for Niger?

in my world there shouldn't be anywhere near an equal disgust for both. Benghazi was far worse; now that being said it is definitely lamentable and in its own way disgusting that Americans died serving their country but they aren't equal situations.

going back to the Dark Knight, one is part of the plan and "acceptable" the other is not part of the plan so everyone loses their mind. and the government lied about why one happened trying to make it part of the plan after the fact to explain it away.

VN Store

Back