Hear Me Volnation Brethern...

The biggest thing I worry about is Notre Dame. If Chip Kelly keeps struggling the next couple of years they will let him go. Now they will offer Urban Meyer first (possibly 8 to 10 million/ yr) if he turns it down and Butch puts us back in championship caliber they come after him. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I think you can relax. South Bend is where coaching careers go to die.

Butch came into an empty team, give him time, it takes time to get things and players. Coach Jones has put the energy back into Tennessee football. He will be a winner at UT give him time. He has a plan...........

Calm down there...Hes one hell of a recruiter and a breath of fresh air after dools and kiffie but he's stillgot a lot to prove. Being an amazing recruiter alone isn't going to win a championship. His new challenge is coaching em up and managing winnable games properly.
We should all definitely be excited about the future but should hold off on that lifetime contract and statue

Being an amazing recruiter and having tons of top talent might not win you a championship alone, but it will win you a lot of games even if he cant coach a lick.

The truth is between the extremes on here.

I personally am leaning towards we need to mortgage the farm to keep Butch. Now that is just me and I will explain. So far CBJ has represented UT well. He is bringing in great classes. There are tons of articles out there extolling how important recruiting is to winning NC's. The winners of the NATTY's have had top classes, and we are getting those. With bigger, stronger, faster players we are going to be more competative in more games and therefore win more games.

Now granted CBJ has to come out and show some of that. But I think those of you that are concerned about how concervative we have been at times will be more excited. I think we are going to start winning more games. We are going to be the better team. With better players we will take more risk because if a gamble fails CBJ will have the talent to over come it, but with the talent comes the better odds the gamble succeeds in the first place.

GREAT NEWS ON MONEY FOR COACHES. Made our last payment to Sal SUCsori this month so he is off the books finally. Give it to the current coaches.

This is Butch's third year and we don't have a national championship. For shame, for shame. :thud:
How about the SEC title? How about 2016? :yes:
Brick by brick. :peace2:

GO VOLS!

He was hired to be a head coach, not a head recruiter.

He has done a GREAT job in recruiting. Amazing given the state of the program prior to his arrival.

The off field stuff, academics, behavioral issues, etc has improved as well with better discipline. Things will invariably happen that are out of his control though. Another great job by ones and the staff.

UT is not a program that should be worried about making a bowl every season though.

It's time for the program to start taking bigger steps forward on the field.

We must keep Butch at all costs...at all costs. We must give him the respect he now deserves and has EARNED...and I believe he will be a Vol for years to come. He won't be what Fulmer became...lazy, complacent, entitled...keeping dead weight and unproductive coaches on the payroll...this man will work...he is working.

I really, really like Butch; I want him to be > Fulmer. I love everything he does Sunday to Friday.

But right now, he is still Ron Zook.

The OC hire and 2015 will start to cement Butch's tenure at UT. I hope they're both homeruns. Right now, it is set-up that Butch controls his own destiny. He's brought the talent. If he starts winning Saturday, he's on his way to Legend.

Money talks. Never forget that this is a business to the coaching staff - all of them.

Successful recruiting AND success in the win column should translate into healthy raises for all.

Ask Chavis where his allegiance lies; I'm guessing it's somewhere close to $1.3M a year.

He has done a GREAT job in recruiting. Amazing given the state of the program prior to his arrival.

The off field stuff, academics, behavioral issues, etc has improved as well with better discipline. Things will invariably happen that are out of his control though. Another great job by ones and the staff.

UT is not a program that should be worried about making a bowl every season though.

Pretty sure that head coach means head recruiter as well. Was he supposed to win with the players he inherited? Recruit to get your players, then the winning will come if you can coach. After two seasons and what he walked into, anyone that thinks he should be exceeding what he has accomplished is not being rational, IMO. This year and 2016 I think we should see major strides toward returning to the results of the mid to late 90's and early 2000's. If not, then we can discuss whether he can coach or not.

Pretty sure that head coach means head recruiter as well. Was he supposed to win with the players he inherited? Recruit to get your players, then the winning will come if you can coach. After two seasons and what he walked into, anyone that thinks he should be exceeding what he has accomplished is not being rational, IMO. This year and 2016 I think we should see major strides toward returning to the results of the mid to late 90's and early 2000's. If not, then we can discuss whether he can coach or not.

You have to prove you can do something with them once they get on campus though. That's my point.

Development other than the offensive line(which is slow to develop) and wide receivers( injuries can account for this) has been pretty impressive overall IMO.

Now it's a matter of taking this bricks and making something other than a pile of bricks out of them to use that analogy.

Recruiting doesn't mean much if half of the class transfers after a year or the players can't be developed.

We must keep Butch at all costs...at all costs. We must give him the respect he now deserves and has EARNED...and I believe he will be a Vol for years to come. He won't be what Fulmer became...lazy, complacent, entitled...keeping dead weight and unproductive coaches on the payroll...this man will work...he is working.

A few years after the fact, but you have Fulmer sized up very accurately.

Reactions: 1 person
The biggest thing I worry about is Notre Dame. If Chip Kelly keeps struggling the next couple of years they will let him go. Now they will offer Urban Meyer first (possibly 8 to 10 million/ yr) if he turns it down and Butch puts us back in championship caliber they come after him. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Don't worry about Butch leaving Tennessee for the next 10-15 years. He will be here for a long time.

I think we can better judge his gameday abilities this season now that he has been able to add more quality pieces to the puzzle. The playing field should be a lot more even. I'm starting to feel more confident that he will do well in this area. He's done an outstanding job in all of the areas you listed and just doesn't strike me as the type that goes about doing anything half-assed.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we can better judge his gameday abilities this season now that he has been able to add more quality pieces to the puzzle. The playing field should be a lot more even. I'm starting to feel more confident that he will do well in this area. He's done an outstanding job in all of the areas you listed and just doesn't strike me as the type that goes about doing anything half-assed.

You wrote it better than I could think it. Lol.

VN Store

Back