HBO's "Game of Thrones"

The Mountain set the world record for deadlift over the weekend. Thought that was kinda cool.

1,041 lbs

The Mountain Sets World Record

BBJXz2u.img

Look how the barbell is bending - Christ! :blink:

Anyone wanna try to pronounce his name? Hafþór Björnsson

There is a program on Netflix that follows 4 of the biggest power lifting competitors up to the Arnold Classic. He's one of the 4 they follow. It was kinda interesting.

Sounds like the final season is going to be a bloodletting....

Prepare yourselves for some epic losses, Game of Thrones fans. The final season of the hit HBO series won’t air until 2019, but this week executives assured viewers that it would be a doozy at the INTV Conference in Israel.

In fact, the table reads were so impactful that they even caused several members of the cast to fall down.

“It was a really powerful moment in our lives and our careers,” said Francesca Orsi, the HBO SVP of drama, via Variety. “None of the cast had received the scripts prior, and one-by-one they started falling down to their deaths.”

There are no spoilers in here -

GOT Final Scripts

The basic argument is that Jamie pushing Bran out the window wasn't as evil of an act as we think it was; and that Jamie was put into a no-win situation in which he did was he had to do to protect the person he loves the most (Cersai) and their children from Robert's wrath.

It's easy to dismiss the act as evil because both characters (especially Cersai) aren't well liked by the audience.

But if it were, say, Grey-Worm pushing Bran to protect Messandi - we'd all say that he did what he had to do...

The basic argument is that Jamie pushing Bran out the window wasn't as evil of an act as we think it was; and that Jamie was put into a no-win situation in which he did was he had to do to protect the person he loves the most (Cersai) and their children from Robert's wrath.

It's easy to dismiss the act as evil because both characters (especially Cersai) aren't well liked by the audience.

But if it were, say, Grey-Worm pushing Bran to protect Messandi - we'd all say that he did what he had to do...

How would the Grey Worm scenario more acceptable?

I watched it and found it to be some nonsense that was dreamed up by a GOT junkie going through withdrawal.

There's no way to justify pushing a little helpless kid out a window.

I watched it and found it to be some nonsense that was dreamed up by a GOT junkie going through withdrawal.

There's no way to justify pushing a little helpless kid out a window.

In the same world where Robert Baratheon would kill children for being fraudulent bastards?

I'm still not convinced Serio is dead - I think he's been right under our noses the whole time.

7f41bc0c6b05173468c580b9e3b50431fbee3f3a_00.jpg

Maybe true, maybe troll, but saw a post from Kit Harington that each episode of season 8 will be two hours long.

Don’t know if I heard/read an exact time but pretty sure it’s already been confirmed they’re all going to be feature film length so wouldn’t be surprised if they were all a full 2 hours.

I heard something like that last year. Only like 7 episodes but each episode would be an hour and a half at least.

I heard and read that last year also. We see it didn't happen. Who knows,maybe next year they will go out with 2 hour episodes for the final season. We just gotta wait and see.

I heard and read that last year also. We see it didn't happen. Who knows,maybe next year they will go out with 2 hour episodes for the final season. We just gotta wait and see.

I meant that a few weeks after last years's season ended, they said the season 8 episodes that haven't come out yet may be that long. The ones planned for next year.

I can't remember where I saw that though. Wasn't a spoiler website. Interview with a cast member or director I think. Speculating it may be another shortened season like 7, but the length of each episode would make it longer than a regular 10 episode season. Hour and 1/2 to 2 hours each.

Last edited:
I meant that a few weeks after last years's season ended, they said the season 8 episodes that haven't come out yet may be that long. The ones planned for next year.

I can't remember where I saw that though. Wasn't a spoiler website. Interview with a cast member or director I think. Speculating it may be another shortened season like 7, but the length of each episode would make it longer than a regular 10 episode season. Hour and 1/2 to 2 hours each.
Yep,that's what I had heard and read but it was for season 7 and 8. Shorter seasons but longer episodes. I actually hope they do this since it's the final season.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister) is only signed to be in 4 of the 6 episodes in the last season

VN Store

Back