Hbo max is now MAX

Or this can be the thread where we discuss the superior content of HBO over the other sludge on Max.

Just watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific over the last week. Really enjoyed both but BOB was better IMO. Looking forward to the next one, which appears to be on Apple +
read the books, watch the behind the scenes.

Joe Mazello & Rami Malek were phenonenal.

When you understand the time frame, circumstances, and order by which things occured. Pacific was never going to be BoB.

Germany had dry ground, ammunition, public support. Embed press.

Pacific is three separate stories. Everyone who told story, or was a key player, died, got sick, or their memoirs were washed away or blown to bits. I think they relied on letters from Leki to his future wife for some if the story.

read the books, watch the behind the scenes.

Joe Mazello & Rami Malek were phenonenal.

When you understand the time frame, circumstances, and order by which things occured. Pacific was never going to be BoB.

Germany had dry ground, ammunition, public support. Embed press.

Pacific is three separate stories. Everyone who told story, or was a key player, died, got sick, or their memoirs were washed away or blown to bits. I think they relied on letters from Leki to his future wife for some if the story.
I definitely want to read the books now. I hate to even compare the two, as they were both incredible. I just enjoyed BOB better.

I definitely want to read the books now. I hate to even compare the two, as they were both incredible. I just enjoyed BOB better.
this is all off the top of my head.

i believe stephen ambrose passed before writing the pacific and his son hugh ambrose wrote it. sorta christopher tolkein type thing.

I’ve had a couple of problems with the app since it changed to Max. For example, Max does not recognize the last episode I watched in a series. I have to scroll through the list of episodes instead of seeing “continue watching,” and continue where I left off. Frustrating that something so basic always gets screwed up when apps are updated.

I’ve had a couple of problems with the app since it changed to Max. For example, Max does not recognize the last episode I watched in a series. I have to scroll through the list of episodes instead of seeing “continue watching,” and continue where I left off. Frustrating that something so basic always gets screwed up when apps are updated.

It's kind of amazing how bad these streaming apps are. Netflix pretty much nailed it, but I've even noticed that sometimes it plays ITYSL episodes out of order (which "doesn't matter at all" because it's not a continuous story). If you could take the Netflix platform and add Prime's new audio controls, that's a near perfect marriage. None of this should be that hard.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
The new max app works as well as Netflix for me. Loads quicker and goes straight to where I left off/next episode.

Maybe depends on what your using the app on? For me it's my old Xbox 1.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The new max app works as well as Netflix for me. Loads quicker and goes straight to where I left off/next episode.

I think that has something to do with it. I don't use my TVs built-in "smartwatch" app interface because it's much slower and overall just does not work as smoothly as running them on a Firestick.

I think that has something to do with it. I don't use my TVs built-in "smartwatch" app interface because it's much slower and overall just does not work as smoothly as running them on a Firestick.

I use Roku, but it doesn’t recognize what I have already watched on my phone either.

It's kind of amazing how bad these streaming apps are. Netflix pretty much nailed it, but I've even noticed that sometimes it plays ITYSL episodes out of order (which "doesn't matter at all" because it's not a continuous story). If you could take the Netflix platform and add Prime's new audio controls, that's a near perfect marriage. None of this should be that hard.

You’d think it wouldn’t be hard, but very basic things are always overlooked on streaming apps, and I agree. It’s baffling how some things just don’t work right or are organized extremely poorly.

Luckily I still get the service for “free” through my AT&T phone plan.

I’m having no issues . They’ve definitely improved the interaction.

I had the same problems among others on a Roku TV and Galaxy S22. I canceled till they fix it cuz its too annoying for me. I cant ever remember where I left off so I just end up using another app that works. Please post if they fix it for you :)

I had the same problems among others on a Roku TV and Galaxy S22. I canceled till they fix it cuz its too annoying for me. I cant ever remember where I left off so I just end up using another app that works. Please post if they fix it for you :)

Well, the “continue watching” feature works when I watch it on most TVs in the house, but not one of the others. And the curious thing is, the TV that it doesn’t work on, it’s the newest TV in the house. It’s so weird.

Something else that’s mildly annoying - when the app was HBO Max, when viewing the list if episodes in a series, the episodes would be listed in a grid, so you could easily scroll vertically to find the episode you’re searching for quickly. But now, Max lists the episodes in a single file line, making it take longer to scroll through the episodes. This may seem like it doesn’t matter much, but some series that I watch have like 60 episodes in one season. And since the “continue watching” feature doesn’t work, I have to scroll through every single icon from episode one all the way to episode 50+.

I know, first world problems, but it’s just baffling to me how the creators of these apps so often overlook the user-friendly features of the past and make their apps more annoying to use.

Reactions: thehardknoxlife
Tokyo Vice, is anyone watching? It’s a show about the Yakuza, law enforcement and a Tokyo newspaper. It’s in season 2 now, I’ve really enjoyed it so far.

Didn’t want to start a new thread.

Tokyo Vice, is anyone watching? It’s a show about the Yakuza, law enforcement and a Tokyo newspaper. It’s in season 2 now, I’ve really enjoyed it so far.

Yeah,I loved the first season. It's a shame I canceled Max a while back. I might have to subscribe again to check it out.

Reactions: loggervol

I thought it got really slow towards the end of season one. Ill try season two though.

Reactions: loggervol

VN Store

Back