"Have some damn class."

Striker was classless. Stoops needs to ride his butt. That's an embarrassment to his school.
An embarrassment? Did his team win or lose? And did our coach lose a 17 point lead? To the victor goes the spoils. If we win like we should have would this be a story? No!

Reactions: 1 person
An embarrassment? Did his team win or lose? And did our coach lose a 17 point lead? To the victor goes the spoils. If we win like we should have would this be a story? No!

Yes, it would be regardless. That kid cant shut up and he didnt show up. Would be a lot worse on him and an even bigger story if OK lost. Dont know what you are thinking here

Reactions: 2 people
That's the way it will get perceived. He was exactly right, but he'll never win this one.

Now wait a minute. A player from a visiting team flips a bird to our head coach on our field, and the world is going to turn against our coach for telling him to have some damn class? What kind of person thinks like that?

Now wait a minute. A player from a visiting team flips a bird to our head coach on our field, and the world is going to turn against our coach for telling him to have some damn class? What kind of person thinks like that?

A fan thinks like that. You'd be laughing if these roles were switched and we had a player behaving like that. You might say he was immature, but you'd excuse the unpaid idiot. This kid never belonged in a class room his whole life and probably has had no to little parenting. Seems a little butt hurt about not getting recruited from SEC powerhouses as well. A head coach is paid millions of dollars, and is supposed to lead. I dont have a problem telling the kid to develop some class but plenty will

an opponent honestly gives his opinion and he's classless? I don't get that at all. I understand using it as motivation, but I never thought an opposing player was "classless" by giving an opinion on my talents.

You people are just like Alabama fans....EXACTLY. I think what most people around the country despise is the tendency for the SEC schools defending each other, but actually it all does make sense now. It's a mob mentality.

Kinda pathetic guys.

You have a pretty decent team and I'll guarantee you that UT will bounce back from this. Good luck the rest of the year. You all will be just fine.

This will be my last post.

I haven't meant to offend anyone on this board, so if I have, I apologize.

PS, Hatari Byrd should be suspended for his actions.

Who the hell is talking about a player's opinion of talent I was talking about his actions after the game. Striker was cussing and talking **** to the crowd it was on ESPN before that cut to the LSU game. I saw it with my own eyes. As well as #4 flipping the crowd off also. I don't care what is said during a game between the players because it gets chippy and emotions are high. He played well and his team won the game. Enjoy the win with your team and then leave.

You can take your Alabama comparison and shove it where the sun doesn't shine!!!

Good riddance....since you just want to blow in here to start **** and then leave. To all the cool OU fans please stick around.

Last edited:
Win the game Butch and he isn't saying anything. Butch hung his quotes in the locker room and he has to deal with it.

an opponent honestly gives his opinion and he's classless? I don't get that at all. I understand using it as motivation, but I never thought an opposing player was "classless" by giving an opinion on my talents.

You people are just like Alabama fans....EXACTLY. I think what most people around the country despise is the tendency for the SEC schools defending each other, but actually it all does make sense now. It's a mob mentality.

Kinda pathetic guys.

You have a pretty decent team and I'll guarantee you that UT will bounce back from this. Good luck the rest of the year. You all will be just fine.

This will be my last post.

I haven't meant to offend anyone on this board, so if I have, I apologize.

PS, Hatari Byrd should be suspended for his actions.

You did not see bangs on the men in the stands or women consoling them as they wept. We are nothing like Bama fans. Screw Bama and everything about them. Your fans are just like Texas fans. Cheap shot Sooner

A fan thinks like that. You'd be laughing if these roles were switched and we had a player behaving like that. You might say he was immature, but you'd excuse the unpaid idiot. This kid never belonged in a class room his whole life and probably has had no to little parenting. Seems a little butt hurt about not getting recruited from SEC powerhouses as well. A head coach is paid millions of dollars, and is supposed to lead. I dont have a problem telling the kid to develop some class but plenty will

Coach Jones said exactly the right thing, and I would expect him to say the same to one of our players for acting a fool.

Reactions: 3 people
I kinda feel sorry for Butch at this point. He came up with a system that he believes in and worked great at the lower levels. He's starting to realize that it won't work against the elite teams. For two years he's been telling himself it's due to the talent level, but as that evens out he's seeing that his system and coaching style just doesn't work at this level. This is causing a lot of frustration and denial.

Don't ever feel sorry for someone making 3 million annually to do something they love. Ever!

According to the media members on the WVLT, UT sports show tonight, an OU staff member redirected the player from another part of the field, specifically to the recruiting section. He started trash talking the recruits in front of their family members and it wasn't well-received. The media members were standing very close and heard Butch speak to the player and they more or less said that it was deserved. They said they had never seen a player do such a thing and it was not the innocent story he stated on camera.

Regardless of who deserves the blame for the loss, I think Butch had every right to say something to the kid as he was directing the remarks/bad language toward visiting recruits and their families. Exchanges with wild VOL fans is one thing but I think this was out of line. The player and the staff member should be corrected by their own head coach.

I saw it all.

While OU players were celebrating elsewhere, Striker ran over to the UT players walking off the field toward the tunnel. Striker started taunting UT players and fans walking with them all the way to the goal post. The UT players showed great restraint. It could have easily become a fight. That's when CBJ said what he said to Striker. Then Striker turned and went to the OU fan corner.

At no point did I think Butch was in the wrong for doing what he did and anybody else saying he's wrong for correcting Striker needs to check themselves especially after hearing more details like this. Thanks and liked!

Maybe Butch shouldnt have his players faking injuries to slow down an offense. How about that kind of class.

How about you don't blare stupid rap music on 3rd down well into the play clock and then Announce the down through your crappy sound system as the ball is being snapped. Neyland can be loud on its own--no need for that weak sauce.

This whole response is just dumb. Nobody on our team faked an injury. You need to check your own band's behavior before you start calling out another program. I heard your band playing that awful tune when our Oline was in formation and waiting to snap many times.

Trying to coach players on another team isn't his place.

It is his place when the coaching staff on the other team is clearly failing at their job to control their players.

According to the media members on the WVLT, UT sports show tonight, an OU staff member redirected the player from another part of the field, specifically to the recruiting section. He started trash talking the recruits in front of their family members and it wasn't well-received. The media members were standing very close and heard Butch speak to the player and they more or less said that it was deserved. They said they had never seen a player do such a thing and it was not the innocent story he stated on camera.

Regardless of who deserves the blame for the loss, I think Butch had every right to say something to the kid as he was directing the remarks/bad language toward visiting recruits and their families. Exchanges with wild VOL fans is one thing but I think this was out of line. The player and the staff member should be corrected by their own head coach.

I thought they said Butch spoke to him BEFORE he went over to the recruit's section. Butch's comments were a result of Stryker going to the north end zone and trying to stir up **** with TN's players as they were heading to the locker-room. Good move by Butch if it prevented his players from retaliating.

Those of you defending striker need to grow a pair. This wasn't neutral territory. This was players dancing on the T, flipping off fans, and taunting recruits, IN OUR HOUSE! You don't have the pride, or balls, to acknowledge the total lack of class and sportsmanship shown last night, and that is pathetic.

I've never seen anything like that in my life. Their "celebration" was ridiculous

You think Jones should have gone to find Stoops?

I know emotions are running high and tempers are as well. But I don't think Butch saying something to the OU player was a good idea. He can easily reach out to Stoops the following day and discuss the matter after everybody had enough time to reflect on everything.

Thankfully nothing happened. It could have gotten ugly and I can promise you Butch would be getting blasted by the media if a nasty brawl happened.

I probably would have done what Butch did, but it's never a good idea.

Maybe Butch shouldnt have his players faking injuries to slow down an offense. How about that kind of class.

>>How about you don't blare stupid rap music on 3rd down well into the play clock and then Announce the down through your crappy sound system as the ball is being snapped. Neyland can be loud on its own--no need for that weak sauce.<<

Oh please--freaking OU band and their tendency to blast one note for 15 seconds while the opponent's offense is over the ball. Pathetic. Stop being so Stoopid.

Last edited:
You think Jones should have gone to find Stoops?

I think Jones should have shut his mouth and not addressed it with a opposing player after a game. There is a way to address it and the way Jones went about it wasn't the right way IMO. Not absolving Striker, its pretty classless, but that's not the way Jones should have handled it.

I think Jones should have shut his mouth and not addressed it with a opposing player after a game. There is a way to address it and the way Jones went about it wasn't the right way IMO. Not absolving Striker, its pretty classless, but that's not the way Jones should have handled it.

The poster I responded to said, "He could have said something to Stoops however." And you say I'm ridiculous because I don't think that makes sense. Got it.

The poster I responded to said, "He could have said something to Stoops however." And you say I'm ridiculous because I don't think that makes sense. Got it.

That would have been the proper way to handle it. What do you suggest? From your post in the other thread about it, Jones should show he's got some balls right?

VN Store

Back