Has This Team Quit?

I think that the lack of depth is affecting the options for changing things up more so than they're worn out. The book has been written on how to attack the Donnie Zone and substituting Owens for Carmichael or Baulkman for Punter or Mostella for anybody isn't going to make it more effective.

Reactions: 2 people
A month ago I was reading on here how CDT was the best X's and O's coach in the history of Tennessee. Now he can't coach a lick. :ermm:

Reactions: 6 people
This team is mentally and physically worn down, CDT got everything he could out of them now there's nothing left. This team was built with a group of players that the majority would struggle to walk on to a power 5 school. I'm not sure what everyone expected this year but in my eyes they have exceeded expectations.

Reactions: 3 people
It has all the trappings of a collapse. Coach T has done absolutely all he can with this hodgepodge group group. Given the circumstances it is remarkable he had anything to put in the floor.

I see this completely differently. We have more talent then we thought and that was proven at beginning of year. As the season has progressed and the coach has had more time to implement his system, we have gone backwards. This is bad coaching.

I see this completely differently. We have more talent then we thought and that was proven at beginning of year. As the season has progressed and the coach has had more time to implement his system, we have gone backwards. This is bad coaching.

Let's be honest we caught some good teams at their low points this year. We played Butler at home when they only had a hand full of games under their intern coach. Played an Arkansas team early in the year when they were struggling on the road. Oh and we beat a mediocre Kansas State team at home, this team doesn't have talent it has warm bodies and that's about it.

Tyndall is not a horrible coach but something isn't right. We played too good the first half of the season to fall apart like this.

Reactions: 1 person
We hit it lucky early now the real team has showed up. I think most said 10 to 12 wins we have passed that and 14 looks like where we'll end up.

I think some of you have an estrogen problem...

Also, some of you need to learn basketball. WTF is Tyndall going to do exactly? This team shoots worse than some high school teams. They are terrible, and Moore/Josh are worn out. Punter is very streaky and Balkman/Mostella/Hubbs/Reese are very, very, very inconsistent. We have no post players. No true PG, though Josh has done very well. No three point shooters outside Punter, or if someone gets hot like Reese/Josh. This team is in rough shape...

Of course teams have figured out Tyndall... I figured him out the first five mins of the first game we played. Our system is, Josh/Moore creates our offense, our defense causes turnovers for easy points, we give the three up because we are so small we have to pack our zone, and we are going to hustle. That's all we can do. All you yelling for a change please let us all know what should be done... Our zone is a man to man match up zone. Our issue comes from having no rim protectors which means we have to double up on pentration. That leaves guys on the outside wide open. When you have shot blockers you don't have to play that way, but we don't. So, we give up 20 ft threes instead of two foot layups. Our other issue is Josh has lost it due to fatigue. He can't stop guards from penetrating our zone and it's getting us lite up. That's what happens when you play a guy 37+ mins a night...

Reactions: 9 people
I think some of you have an estrogen problem...

Also, some of you need to learn basketball. WTF is Tyndall going to do exactly? This team shoots worse than some highschool teams. They are terrible, and Moore/Josh are worn out. Punter is very streaky and Balkman/Mostella/Hubbs/Reese are very, very, very inconsistent. We have no post players. No true PG, though Josh has done very well. No three point shooters outside Punter, or if someone gets hot like Reese/Josh. This team is in rough shape...

Of course teams have figured out Tyndall... I figured him out the first five mins of the first game we played. Our system is, Josh/Moore creates our offense, our defense causes turnovers for easy points, we give the three up because we are so small we have to pack our zone, and we are going to hustle. That's all we can do. All you yelling for a change please let us all know what should be done... Our zone is a man to man match up zone. Our issue comes from having no rim protectors which means we have to double up on pentration. That leaves guys on the outside wide open. When you have shot blockers you don't have to play that way, but we don't. So, we give up 20 ft threes instead of two foot layups. Our other issue is Josh has lost it due to fatigue. He can't stop guards from penetrating our zone and it's getting us lite up. That's what happens when you play a guy 37+ mins a night...

Get out of here with your common sense. All the naysayers on here know much more about coaching bball than CDT, haven't you figured that out by now??

Get out of here with your common sense. All the naysayers on here know much more about coaching bball than CDT, haven't you figured that out by now??

What drives me even more crazy is everyone saying we need to close out on three shooters better. We play a zone. You close out your zone responsibly, but ultimately we are trying to just contest threes. That's how it has to be. We have to have everyone crash the boards, or we'd get eat alive on the boards every game. Teams would have 15+ points on offensive rebounds. Again no post play...

I get the frustration, but people have to live with teams hitting threes on us. Now, that doesn't mean we should leave them wide open like we have been, but it goes back to Josh/Moore being worn out. Everyone is getting in the lane on us. The kick out is wide open and teams are taking advantage. Doesn't mean I don't get mad about it, but at the end of the day, I see the reality of the situation. We have two good cards in a deck of cards right now guys...

Reactions: 5 people
Tyndall is not a horrible coach but something isn't right. We played too good the first half of the season to fall apart like this.

Teams have figured out the zone and Josh/Armani have tired legs on offense. It's pretty simple.

I don't think this team has quit. I think they know there is nothing really much to play for. Which I get. It's frustrating for everyone.

I expected a winning season going into this year. With the injuries (plus Woodson's defection) I lowered those expectations for SEC play but I figured at the very least we could still have a winning season. It's really hard for me to not be disappointed starting 12-5 and end possibly 14-17. I just don't think a 2-12 run is acceptable at Tennessee. This might be the worst team talent wise since probably the KO days and like I said, Tyndall has been in a tough spot. But damn, it's hard not to be negative right now. I would probably be more excited if I knew we had a nice recruiting class coming in and some impact players for next year but right now it's not a good situation.

Reactions: 5 people
It's really easy to see what has happened. The lack of talent is obvious and until it is fixed we will see more of this. Hopefully tyndall can find some kids somewhere.

VN Store

Back