Has anyone else heard... (Jakob Johnson leaving?)

Is there no end to this rumor thread stupidity?

Well not to start / confirm rumors, but my mailman has a cousin who has a friend who cuts hair. Well it seems that the barber was cutting someone's hair yesterday and they told him that their grandmother's half-uncle on his father's side told them he read a note he found stuck to a tree while he was mowing the grass and the note said the Jakob Johnson was happy playing for Butch Jones. So take that for what its worth...but it did come from very reliable sources. :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
If this were true, why would AJ Bransiel (sp) have left the team ? I thought he left because he'd get buried on the depth chart due to Jakob, Wolf, Ellis and others? Sorry, but I can't keep up with all this rumor bs...

Between Wolf, Ellis and Downs last year there were 30 catches and 2 TD. (Ellis had a TD on fake FG). 30 catches equals less than 2 throws to the TE per game last year. So with all this talk about the TE position, will new OC use TE more or less this year? Seems like a lot of discussion on a little used position when it comes to receiving. Blocking TE might be another story.

Last edited:
Between Wolf, Ellis and Downs last year there were 30 catches and 2 TD. (Ellis had a TD on fake FG). 30 catches equals less than 2 throws to the TE per game last year. So with all this talk about the TE position, will new OC use TE more or less this year? Seems like a lot of discussion on a little used position when it comes to receiving. Blocking TE might be another story.

But...Wolf and Downs both missed alot of time due to injuries. If Jones has a TE like he had at Cincy, he will use him a lot in the passing game. Wolf is probably the closest we have to that

Well, you can't blame it on me. I've been out of town on business the past few days.

Frigging job...gets in the way of football season.

Oh chill out VN. People are allowed to ask about a rumor they heard. Especially one that comes from a rather historically trustworthy source. I'm a Vol fan and I love Jakob being on our team. I'm not posting something just to start some nonsense. If any single one of you hear from someone you trust that a player is hurt, leaving the team, or anything else, you want to know if it's true or not. And heaven forbid you ask the most popular Vols fan forum if they've heard anything about it in the hopes it's not true. Sheesh...some of you need to chill out and quit taking this forum so seriously. Fans asking other fans if they have heard anything about a certain rumor is exactly what each and every one of you do in real life with your Vol fan buddies. So why do some of you act like someone badmouthed your mommas when the same thing happens on the forums? The main reason people get upset about these types of threads is because a lot of the time they are true and you want to blame the messenger. Smh... grow up.

It's a rumor. It may not (and hopefully doesn't) have any validity. I'm trying to ask Vol Nation if they've heard anything about it. That's all. Chill the F out.

Reactions: 9 people
Based on the presser from Butch I would think not. He just talked about how hard Jakob has been working at the position and how he has grown as a TE.

Has it already been a week since the Vol's lost another player? The future's just not what it used to be, is it?

Seent Gruden at the Alcoa Hwy Waffle House this morning.....

jon_gruden.jpg

JONES: Jakob Johnson is going to stay at tight end. He has the “want to.” He wants to be great at that position. I see him getting better. 6 min ago

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back