Has anyone announced a commitment from this weekend's visitors?

Just read on Basilio that we won't be able to sign more than 22-23 because of last year's haul counting against this year. That's not good. We need all we can get.

If true, it is what it is. That just means we can't have as much attrition and a few of the PWOs need to do more than raise the GPA. And, of course, whomever else we sign this year needs to really be worth the spot.

may have to...just read where it looks like the staff may not be able to recruit to the 25 limit because of recruits held over from last year that will count against the 2018 class...boy, once again, the Butcher strikes...:)

GO VOLS!

Well many of us, including me, hoped Butch had found clever loopholes in the rule book that would have no lasting effect. Let's just hope those guys can be coached up.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would having less spots make us more likely to sign a 3* player?

to me it's just that if you have more slots there's just more possibilities of landing a higher rated/talented player of need...that's all...less slots...less shots...:)

GO VOLS!

I have known of "some recruits" going to marches or rallies on this "symbolic holiday" to honor the man it is named for.

However, I am yet to see one use that as a backdrop to make his commitment. Seems that might be seen as disrespectful in a way.

What am I forgetting?........

Oh yes! Racist, IMO

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not...

In my estimation, treating MLK day as less than other holidays or as a holiday only for some people is disrespectful and ignorant (although not in and of itself racist). You wouldn't say that Veteran's Day is only a holiday for military. It's a holiday for everyone to celebrate the contributions of a few. Same deal with MLK Day. We're a better country today than we were 70 years ago because of the civil rights movement and that's something we should all celebrate.

In my estimation, treating MLK day as less than other holidays or as a holiday only for some people is disrespectful and ignorant (although not in and of itself racist). You wouldn't say that Veteran's Day is only a holiday for military. It's a holiday for everyone to celebrate the contributions of a few. Same deal with MLK Day. We're a better country today than we were 70 years ago because of the civil rights movement and that's something we should all celebrate.

While I agree 100% with your sentiment - I think it is more of an indictment of holidays in general, I know it hurts our business quite a bit when people are closed on the holidays, both prevalent and less prevalent.

Sorry, Cathcart. I should have been quoting the guy that first made that insinuation, not you. My Dad's been fighting flu type junk on top of the typical health concerns of an 89 year old, and it's causing brain farts here.

Sorry, Cathcart. I should have been quoting the guy that first made that insinuation, not you. My Dad's been fighting flu type junk on top of the typical health concerns of an 89 year old, and it's causing brain farts here.

No worries. Hope your Dad's OK. The flu is nothing to mess around with this year, especially at that age.

MLK day was an optional holiday when I was growing up. It wasn't recognized by state or federal government. Nashville public schools would give black students an excused absence for the day if they were participants in a march, ceremony, etc. Interestingly, every 7 years, MLK day and Robert E Lee's birthday, still legally recognized in TN and many other states, falls on the same day, Jan. 19.

I think that not-so-ironic that LB from AL de-committed over last two days. Probably means we've got other guys the staff is making room for...think total of 8 remaining? Hope 2 WR's, 2 LB, 2-3 DB's and at least one more DL and OL.

VN Store

Back