Hart striking Out?

Every coach says they "turned it down." I'm sorry, no way white turned down double his salary to stay at LA tech. No way.

It happened today..

Money isn't everything to some people. He can live like a king in Ruston, LA making $600,000 per year.

Do you check the accuracy of every number you read in espn articles (you seriously compute that yourself)? Anyhow, the numbers for CCM's 3 years are only slightly below CBP (who is the best coach UT ever had) (CBP was 68-37 vs CCM 63-41 - certainly not a dramatic difference where one guy is revered while the other should be fired). Nice try with Green, but he did not do as well as CCM (certainly not at the point when he was run out of town - was a disaster at that point). As far as I know CCM also did not tell fans to go to K Mart if they did not like what they were watching.

Tennessee Moments of the Decade #9: The Rise and Fall of Jerry Green - Rocky Top Talk

you really don't have a clue do you? you should check some facts before you shoot your mouth off....

dont get me wrong I didn't care for Jerry Green - his attitude, demeanor or his brand of basketball, however he performed much better than CCM every thought of in his time at Tennessee.

Jerry Green was 89 and 36 in 4 years at UT with two (count them two) regular season SEC East titles...That's a 71.2% winning percentage....

Oh and he, like Pearl, made the NCAAT every year during his 4 year tenure. CCM was one for three. You prob forgot that Green also made the Sweet 16 while at Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
Hart gets lucky again.

I don't see it as luck. IMO Hart knew Tyndall would take the job days ago when they spoke/met about the job. There was something that Hart liked a little more about White and tried to make that work. Once it was not going to go UTs way, hart moved quickly to lock up Tyndall. I would bet Hart knew what he was doing and luck had little to do with it.

I don't see it as luck. IMO Hart knew Tyndall would take the job days ago when they spoke/met about the job. There was something that Hart liked a little more about White and tried to make that work. Once it was not going to go UTs way, hart moved quickly to lock up Tyndall. I would bet Hart knew what he was doing and luck had little to do with it.

I would agree with your point that Hart prob felt that he had DT in his pocket all the time but I like the hire better than M White.

Well I think Hart was striking out but ended up probably getting lucky in the end (just like he did with Butch).

Hopefully CDT will lead us to greatness

Not to be a chicken little, but I am starting to get worried with how long this is dragging out. Should we be hearing more by now? Is Hart striking out with candidates?:no:

31407672.jpg

Please tell me this isn't what Hart is hearing out there? :blink:

Reading the national media you get the impression that no one wants this job....:cray::sick::angry:

I don't understand it with our fan attendance record and facilities. Is there any good news out there with the search?

It would've been fitting had nobody been willing to take this job. And quotes along with it. If I'm a successful mid-major it would be 'they'd better pay me 2 mil a year or they can forget it', lol! Fan attendance? Who gives a freakin damn? You have arenas that hold 10k and some that hold 20k.

I think everybody is just gun shy with the past we had with Hammy, but fellow VOLS I think we have a winner as the AD. I know time will tell as far as results both in the gym and the "colosseum" but I think as far as hires to this point Dave Hart has knocked it outta the park!! This is just my opinion but I'm very impressed with Hart.

*edit*. And the coaches that are leading our VOLS!

Last edited:
I think everybody is just gun shy with the past we had with Hammy, but fellow VOLS I think we have a winner as the AD. I know time will tell as far as results both in the gym and the "colosseum" but I think as far as hires to this point Dave Hart has knocked it outta the park!! This is just my opinion but I'm very impressed with Hart.

*edit*. And the coaches that are leading our VOLS!

We will see about the hires, but in this case "striking out" would have inclued a big extension for Cuonzo followed by a dismal season next year, Cuonzo's last. The inevitable buy out would have been pricey. Martin was not going to survive next season, imo. So, I agree that Hart did a good job here...GBO!

We will see about the hires, but in this case "striking out" would have inclued a big extension for Cuonzo followed by a dismal season next year, Cuonzo's last. The inevitable buy out would have been pricey. Martin was not going to survive next season, imo. So, I agree that Hart did a good job here...GBO!

I can agree with this. Worst case would have been a big extension and raise and then a complete bomb next season. If CDT can produce a winning product this will work out great.

I am just frustrated by the public rejections by coaches and the failure to be able to get your first or second choice with each coaching search.

Maybe Hart was able to stubble on to great coaches as his third or fourth choices - but he could have saved the University from a lot of embarssment if he had properly evaluated and went after Butch and Tyndall from the start without having to get publicly shunned by three or four guys first.

Just my:twocents:

VN Store

Back