Half Court Offense

Shaun1985

I seen a lot of set plays tonight and cuts to the basket that I haven't seen much under Pearl. Also, when we got into the lanes, we we're extremely smart! A lot of the DDMO characteristics with so many kick outs. Also, I have never seen a team screen as much as Kansas in their half court offense. Almost every other play you'd see Aldrich move up to the key to set a screen on Maze or Bone. Also, when Wayne picked up that 3rd foul late in the 1st, I thought for sure that Aldrich would score 30 points in the 2nd half and wow to Hall. He was physical and smart enough not to give up position or let Aldridge have his way in the paint keeping the ball out of his hands. Great game!

Hall makes a difference. The offense was still weak, but we made some giant 3s, shot a high percentage from deep and protected the ball.

As an aside: Living out here in Big-12 land (Stillwater), I don't get to see the Vols BB team on TV much. I always assumed Scotty Hopson was a 3-pt gunner a la Chris Loften, but after watching today's game, I think he's more an all-around athlete. He has some great moves and scored some nice buckets in the paint. He, Maze, and Woolridge have really stepped up since the Alcoa 4 debacle.

The last 2 games have been a joy to watch because this team jells with each other on offense and defense. We have slowed down and played much smarter than any time since Pearl has been coach and he is to be commended for doing a great job. This team will keep winning if they keep playing solid defense and making shots with patience. They need some work on free throws. Today was a win for the ages. I told my boys I would have given anything to hear John Ward call that shot by Skylar! Go Vols!

We finally have some guys moving and driving to the basket-----as opposed to standing around waiting on Tyler. Wrong captain all along----IMO.

The kick out for the three by Maze where we had 4 seconds left on the shot clock was beautiful.

The half court defense of this team was phenomenal. It is a pleasure to watch a hungry and motivated Pearl coached team.

The defense was pretty great besides all the offensive rebounds we gave up in the first half.

Really that was basically the best possible game we could have had sans missed foul shots and those O rebounds. Maze really impressedme, hoepfully he can keep it up.

The defense was pretty great besides all the offensive rebounds we gave up in the first half.

Really that was basically the best possible game we could have had sans missed foul shots and those O rebounds. Maze really impressedme, hoepfully he can keep it up.

Maze is much better when he doesn't settle for jumpers. Tonight, he went on the attack, and it paid off in a big way.

VN Store

Back