Guesses on game time for UT/ USC?

1) Game times are announced 12 days prior to kickoff. 2 times per year per school, the networks may exercise a 6 day option, where they may wait until 6 days before kickoff before announcing the time and channel of the game.

2) CBS gets first pick every week for their 3:30/2:30c time slot. No other network may broadcast a game where an SEC team is the home team during this time slot.

3) CBS gets 2 doubleheaders per year. One at 3:30/8:00pm (2:30/7:00pm central) and one at Noon/3:30. No network may broadcast a game where an SEC team is the home team while CBS uses it's 8pm game. However, the Noon time slot is not exclusive to CBS during that doubleheader.

4) No team may be on CBS more then 5 times in one season.

EDIT INSERT- a team may have 6 games on CBS up to 4 times during the length of the CBS contract.

5) ESPN gets to pick the next 2 games. They may choose to start these games either before 1:30/12:30c or after 7/6c as to not conflict with the CBS broadcast.

6) SEC Network gets next pick for their for their 12/11c game.

7) ESPNU gets to pick the next game. They may choose to start the games either before 1:30/12:30c or after 7/6c as to not conflict with the CBS broadcast.

8) Regional networks get the remaining games. They may choose to start the games either before 1:30/12:30c or after 7/6c as to not conflict with the CBS broadcast.

9) Each team may elect to show 1 out of conference game per year on Pay-Per-View.

10) If an SEC team plays against an out of conference opponent, the home team's TV contract prevails.

11) Neutral site SEC games (such as Georgia-Florida in Jacksonville) are subject to the SEC TV rules.

12) Neutral site non-SEC games games (such as the Cowboy Classic or the Chick-fil-a kickoff game) have their own TV contracts and are not subject to these rules.

CBS got a good one for the GA/Tennessee one. We got a good fan base. I want the night game.

Auburn's win over Ole Miss pushed us to noon I think.

Had that game been different then Auburn-A&M would have been noon. LSU-Ole Miss at 3.30, and we would play at night.

Face it guys, when you don't win enough you get stuck in the Noon/12:21 time slot. When the Vols start winning regularly again they'll get more 3:30/Night time slots. Heck, we should be lucky we got 3:30 slots against Oregon, Florida and Georgia. I would guess the Bama game will be a 3:30/Night slot based on it being Alabama alone. But get a win vs. South Carolina and some of those November games won't be Noon/12:21 starts (although I don't mind the mid-day slots in November given the weather).

At least it is covered by ESPN, not that CBS does a poor job. GBO! I will be there ready to carry section P

VN Store

Back