Griffith on 24/7's Anonymous Story

When we lost to SC that was bad. When we lost to Vandy that sad.

I'm so ready for the MCB.

Go Vols!

Beat Nebraska!

Reactions: 2 people
He makes at least one good point:

"UT President Joe DiPietro has made mistakes before, most notably allowing his unqualified friend from Florida (Jimmy Cheek) to oversee and bungle the athletics department from the chancellor position for years."

Reactions: 7 people
Mike Griifith after the Vandy loss

WNSR‏ @NashSportsRadio

"The Players let Butch Jones Down, time for a culture change at UT, time to take a page out of Saban Playbook" @MikeGriffith32 W/@BillisKing

Griffith has made some seriously odd tweets in support of Butch. Which I don't necessarily have an issue with, but a few were really reaching. I think he's seeking access to be honest.

Reactions: 3 people
Coach Jones wounds here are self inflicted. The article has nothing to do with his successes or failures, Mike Griifith is just whinning because as a result of the article Butch has now limited the media for bowl prep. Fair or not, Butch has faced limited scrutiny here. If 2017 turns out to be worse than 16 he will get a lot of attention he doesn't want. I feel like limiting the media only makes it worse because then you open up speculation.

Griffith has made some seriously odd tweets in support of Butch. Which I don't necessarily have an issue with, but a few were really reaching. I think he's seeking access to be honest.

Some of the tweets made me think Butch was trying to hard to be a players coach. So I think as a result we see what happens when you let 21 and 22 year olds run an SEC program. They were soft, unprepared and undisciplined.

Reactions: 9 people

well, maybe a chicken has come home to roost...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!

Even Butch has alluded to the fact he allowed this team too much freedom as to when they would practice, how they would practice. He screwed up his division championship team and a Sugar Bowl team with that decision. He's deserved one mulligan right now. This was it. Jmo

Reactions: 1 person
I may be wrong but I think that at certain parts of the year buTch and his coaches are not allowed to work with the Team.

During those times only the S&C coaches are allowed to work with the Team.

There's only so much the S&C coaches can do so the rest of the work to be done must be led by players and the Captains.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but it seems like buTch and the coordinators must lay down a more serious, well structured and demanding workout system for the player leaders to keep everyone focused on and the S&C coaches to try to oversee things much better.

I may be wrong again but I think at alaBummer 1 of the highest paid assistants is the top S&C coach and nick saTan says he's 1 of the most important coaches on his staff.

We all know nick saTan is very demanding and his players work hard at football all year long so buTch needs to up the pressure on our footVol players as well.

If we have to baby and coddle the players then we recruited the wrong players with the wrong attitude and commitment.

The App State game showed us that right at the beginning of the season and we do NOT need to see that kind of crap taking place any longer at Tennessee.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

VFL...GBO!!!

Some of the tweets made me think Butch was trying to hard to be a players coach. So I think as a result we see what happens when you let 21 and 22 year olds run an SEC program. They were soft, unprepared and undisciplined.

Nailed it.......... I think there was a thread earlier in the year about soft coaches = soft players.......... Hmmmm :question:

Reactions: 1 person
The back stab infuriated the Vols’ head coach, putting him in such a sour mood that he let it affect other media dealings, thus leading to a flat bowl build up to this point.

So we have a coach who pouts and lets it affect his team any time someone writes something negative about him.

It's amazing they got to 8 wins this season under that kind of leadership.

Going to sorely miss Dobbs, Barnett, and the other seniors on this team because that's apparently the only leadership this team had. Hoping someone else can step up next season because the head coach will be too busy charting his negative press.

Reactions: 5 people
Didn't read the article but I do know that once a coach/CEO/individual/politician senses the media is "creating news" without known sources, which is exactly what the Haney article was by any definition of phoney journalism, then the first thing they do is circle the wagons, limit media access, and move forward with a chip on their shoulder. And I don't blame them....if we think the media has unfettered access to Alabama then we are kidding ourselves yet we expect CBJ to be an open book to any and everything and it ain't happening...

I may be wrong but I think that at certain parts of the year buTch and his coaches are not allowed to work with the Team.

During those times only the S&C coaches are allowed to work with the Team.

There's only so much the S&C coaches can do so the rest of the work to be done must be led by players and the Captains.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but it seems like buTch and the coordinators must lay down a more serious, well structured and demanding workout system for the player leaders to keep everyone focused on and the S&C coaches to try to oversee things much better.

I may be wrong again but I think at alaBummer 1 of the highest paid assistants is the top S&C coach and nick saTan says he's 1 of the most important coaches on his staff.

We all know nick saTan is very demanding and his players work hard at football all year long so buTch needs to up the pressure on our footVol players as well.

If we have to baby and coddle the players then we recruited the wrong players with the wrong attitude and commitment.

The App State game showed us that right at the beginning of the season and we do NOT need to see that kind of crap taking place any longer at Tennessee.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

VFL...GBO!!!

S&C coaches have far more access to the players than any position coach or coordinator.

Which makes it even more apparent that Jones is in over his head with the way he apporached replacing Lawson.

VN Store

Back