Great Peyton Manning Article

The Broncos lost Sunday night, therefore by many posters on this websites logic, he should be benched and the coaches should be fired.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought this was awesome...

After the Broncos took Dysert in the seventh round, his agent, sensing a huge learning opportunity, told him to write down everything Manning does-from when he arrives in the morning to how he prepares for practices as if they were games. Problem is, Dysert can't fully comprehend what he's jotting down. During one video session, Manning said he recognized a blitz call -- from 1999. Dysert almost dropped his pencil. What's he supposed to take from this? Have a photographic memory. Oh, and have a long NFL career.

Reactions: 1 person
Great Article. The only complaint I have is when someone says Peyton is better than Brady. I love Peyton but there is no logical argument that can be given to say Peyton is better than Brady. Brady has the All-Time highest winning percentage EVER at .773. He has 9 wins versus only 4 losses head to head. He also has 3 Super Bowl rings.

Awesome article. He is without a doubt one of the all time greats to play QB in the NFL. It's awesome that he represents UT and comes back often to support the program. He's my favorite NFL player of all time.

Great Article. The only complaint I have is when someone says Peyton is better than Brady. I love Peyton but there is no logical argument that can be given to say Peyton is better than Brady. Brady has the All-Time highest winning percentage EVER at .773. He has 9 wins versus only 4 losses head to head. He also has 3 Super Bowl rings.

You can't judge either QB soley on the records of their respective teams. Talent surrounding them has a lot to do with those records and the teams defenses has a lot to do with the records. Each QB has their pluses and minuses but I think Peyton is better because he's a VFL. :)

Reactions: 7 people
You can't judge either QB soley on the records of their respective teams. Talent surrounding them has a lot to do with those records and the teams defenses has a lot to do with the records. Each QB has their pluses and minuses but I think Peyton is better because he's a VFL. :)

I like that.

Reactions: 3 people
I love to watch Manning play, but I hate to say as the weather gets cold and the wind picks up his wobbly "spiral" isn't as effective. You could clearly see the wind affect his throws.

Agreed. My only complaint is when someone says Brady is better than Peyton because of his superbowl rings. I'm pretty sure if Peyton had been the QB in NE, he would have just as many rings. Remember that Peyton won a lot of games with NO defense while Brady always had the benefit of a stellar defense.

I'll take Peyton because he is a Vol and I think he is a better person, not to mention absolutely hilarious off the field. However, if I'm honest, they are both all time greats and there probably isn't much difference in their legend status.

Why every time Peyton is mentioned does it turn into a Brady debate?

Last edited:
I think you can make a prety good argument for either player ...However I don't like using rings as the reason . AJ McCarron could win his third straight championship this year and I don't think that will make him the greatest college qb ever

Agreed. My only complaint is when someone says Brady is better than Peyton because of his superbowl rings. I'm pretty sure if Peyton had been the QB in NE, he would have just as many rings. Remember that Peyton won a lot of games with NO defense while Brady always had the benefit of a stellar defense.

I'll take Peyton because he is a Vol and I think he is a better person, not to mention absolutely hilarious off the field. However, if I'm honest, they are both all time greats and there probably isn't much difference in their legend status.

Why every time Peyton is mentioned does it turn into a Brady debate?

I guess because of the Big Game Sunday night. I agree that Super Bowl rings aren't the only factor. Marino was one of the best and he has zero. I don't know how you would say he is a better person though. I read an article about Brady's spirituality from years ago and I was floored. He talked about getting the "big contract" and winning the 3rd Super Bowl and being married to the VS model. He said that there had to be more in life than what he had experienced so far in life. He mentioned that giving was the ultimate "Godly" quality that he desired. Anyway, food for thought moment. What we see on TV, is not always a determining factor on "who is a better person." Sorry so much on a sports forum but I guess Thanksgiving gives us time to reflect and be thankful. I am thankful for a Vol team and to what our future holds. It does seem we are doing things the right way and I think that will show up in the years to come. Go Vols.

I don't know how you would say he is a better person though. I read an article about Brady's spirituality from years ago and I was floored. He talked about getting the "big contract" and winning the 3rd Super Bowl and being married to the VS model. He said that there had to be more in life than what he had experienced so far in life. He mentioned that giving was the ultimate "Godly" quality that he desired. Anyway, food for thought moment. What we see on TV, is not always a determining factor on "who is a better person."
Fair point. I haven't read that article but have seen numerous examples of Manning doing wonderful things. Better person was probably not the right comment. Personality would have been better. I love how Peyton is so humble and so appreciative of others. Loved the picture of Peyton and Ray Lewis after the Ravens beat the Broncos last year. Peyton waited around for Ray to finish interviews so he could pay his respects to one of the best LB's to play in the NFL.

It would be difficult to convince me that those numbers wouldn't have been reversed if Manning would have been the guy playing for Belichick all those years. I read a story/column sometime last year about Bill Belichick and his ability to assemble a team. The point was that he was better than any coach in the league (and perhaps one of the best ever) at filling spots 25-53 on the roster. The Pat's consistent ability to survive attrition season after season and get production from deep within the roster supports it.

I can't stand the guy, but he's an all-time great coach. So, I think you have to give Brady a significant advantage in the "help" category when making the comparisons. Brady is a HOF player and should be, but I think Manning is far more "self-made."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My memory isn't perfect and there may be a couple examples I missed altogether but arguably other than maybe the late TD throw I don't recall a single pass Peyton threw Sunday night that needed air under it that didn't appear to sail on him. Several looked downright ugly. There could be any number of reasons for this including just having a bad night (Jordan once only scored 8pts against the Cavaliers) but it might be a legit cause for concern in upcoming harsh playoff climates.

I love to watch Manning play, but I hate to say as the weather gets cold and the wind picks up his wobbly "spiral" isn't as effective. You could clearly see the wind affect his throws.

drive against NE to tie it, but his pick was costly and he did nothing in OT, just as he didn't get it done in OT against the Ravens last year, and he didn't look like he wanted to throw it much at Foxboro. One reason was that Denver was running the ball incredibly well. But he's not the same in very cold weather--most QBs aren't--but his lack of arm strength now is more noticeably in winter weather. And isn't the Super Bowl going to played this year outdoors at Giant Stadium? That was a stupid decision.

And isn't the Super Bowl going to played this year outdoors at Giant Stadium? That was a stupid decision.
I was actually thinking about this during the game. If Denver makes it to the SuperBowl, I hope their running game is solid. I think he'll be okay in the cold, but the wind really wreaks havoc on his ball now that a lot of his throws don't have a tight spiral.

VN Store

Back