Great coaches don't win without upper Classmen

Your post made direct comparisons between FL and UT, same as mine and you also implied that Muschamp and his recruiting is responsible for McElwain's success this season. So yeah, you brought up coaching.

Indirectly, you tried to paint FL in a superior light with recruiting rankings.

I made a direct comparison between UF and the Vols starting lineup refuting the whole lack of experience angle that you mentioned. Florida was on the same footing as us in that regard offensively.

You can spout off recruiting rankings all you want and say how much better Florida or anyone else is than the Vols but, like it or not, coaching does matter as well.

If it didn't, Muschamp would still be around.

Again, I did not imply anything other than Muschamp recruited better than Dooley, he had more talent, it is absolutely clear.

As it pertains to the OL, it is clear that in 2011 and '12 when we recruited zero OL, they had more in the cupboard.

I think it is up for debate whether we are on equal footing, but that is not the same as saying UF is less talented than us, which was my point.

No where did I say coaching doesn't matter, no where did I imply it, bring it up. I tried to be respectful now I'll turn to the time honored VN tradition...

Learn how to read.

Last edited:
Again, I did not imply anything other than Muschamp recruited better than Dooley, he had more talent, it is absolutely clear.

As it pertains to the OL, it is clear that in 2011 and '12 when we recruited zero OL, they had more in the cupboard.

I think it is up for debate whether we are on equal footing, but that is not the same as saying UF is less talented than us, which was my point.

No where did I say coaching doesn't matter, no where did I imply it, bring it up. I tried to be respectful now I'll turn to the time honored VN tradition...

Learn how to read.

Back at you chief.

I never said Florida was more or less talented than the Vols either.

This whole line of discussion started with me bringing up McElwain as the counter point to the original OP and you said he should thank Muschamp in response to me.

And since we are in a thread titled " Great COACHES don't win without upperclassmen" it seems that discussing coaching would make some sense.

Maybe your posts would be better served in the recruiting forum since that is the only point you say you are trying to make,

I am not sure if you all have ever looked at our rosters from compaired to our recruiting class for our Sr's and Jr's But let me just name a few that are missing.

Bonner, Bourque, Bowles, Gray, Hill, Howard, King, Lewis, McCullers, Meridith, Patterson, Peterman, Phillips, Sentimore, Taylor, Watson thats from the 2012 class

Here is everyone gone from the 2013 class.

Branisel, Brown, Carr, Ferguson, Harris, Jenkins, Johnon, Jones, Lee, Miller, Quinn
GREAT POST, Thank you for doing the analysis to show what i've been saying for some time...

THESE COACHES CREATED THE DEPTH PROBLEM!!
THESE COACHES CREATED THE LEADERSHIP VOID PROBLEM!

SHORT SIGHTED COACHING wins the mythical "RECRUITING WAR", but loses ALL THE BATTLES THAT MATTER.

THIS MUST CHANGE if I am going to "believe" in this regime.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Back at you chief.

I never said Florida was more or less talented than the Vols either.

This whole line of discussion started with me bringing up McElwain as the counter point to the original OP and you said he should thank Muschamp in response to me.

And since we are in a thread titled " Great COACHES don't win without upperclassmen" it seems that discussing coaching would make some sense.

Maybe your posts would be better served in the recruiting forum since that is the only point you say you are trying to make,

I responded specifically to the line "tell that to McElwain".

I said he should thank Muschamp and then I explained the reasons why.

As it relates to the title of the thread regarding upperclassman, the fact that we recruited no O-Lineman in 2012, and the fact that we only have 7 members of the 2012 class left and the '13 class wasn't very good either, by very definition, refers to what would be our upperclassmen versus UF or just about anyone else save Vandy in the SEC.

I never discussed or implied anything else.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back