Grant Williams better up his game

Grant is shooting 49.2 % on FGs, 43.8 % from 3 and 92.1 % FTs. Almost a 40/50/90 shooter, which is elite in the NBA

Celtics don't win last night without Grant. 32 big minutes. Great defense. Only took 4 shots and scored 17 huge points.

Reactions: The Dog
Celtics don't win last night without Grant. 32 big minutes. Great defense. Only took 4 shots and scored 17 huge points.

He was awesome in all facets of the game. He was even putting the ball on the deck and forcing the defense to react.

At least for the time being, Grant Williams is officially the most accurate 3 point shooter in NBA playoff history . . . and by a lot. Still can't believe I saw two Bucks leave Jayson Tatum alone because Grant was spotted up in the corner. He was unreal last night, especially on D.

This is all either a true testament to how high you can climb with hard work, or Mrs. Rifleman is right and the real world ended years ago after they fired up that particle accelerator in Europe and there is no need to try and make sense of anything now because we are all dead in some kind of Lost scenario.

NBA & ABA Career Playoff Leaders and Records for 3-Pt Field Goal Pct | Basketball-Reference.com

At least for the time being, Grant Williams is officially the most accurate 3 point shooter in NBA playoff history . . . and by a lot. Still can't believe I saw two Bucks leave Jayson Tatum alone because Grant was spotted up in the corner. He was unreal last night, especially on D.

This is all either a true testament to how high you can climb with hard work, or Mrs. Rifleman is right and the real world ended years ago after they fired up that particle accelerator in Europe and there is no need to try and make sense of anything now because we are all dead in some kind of Lost scenario.

NBA & ABA Career Playoff Leaders and Records for 3-Pt Field Goal Pct | Basketball-Reference.com
If that was true, I would be in the NBA, also

If that was true, I would be in the NBA, also

All through my pretty substandard high school playing days my mom reports that I would scream in my sleep, "Kevin, dammit, I am wide open!"

There was no Kevin on any team I played for, so I assumed the Kevin in question to be Kevin McHale. Was it just a dream? I choose to believe that I made the NBA, just in an alternate dimension where I was taller, faster, smarter, more committed, and not afraid to scream at Kevin McHale.

I'd guess those shots gained him around 5 million per shot on his next NBA contract!

Might be Grant's last year in Celtic green which will be sad. He's a perfect fit there. He is definitely going to get a huge contract wherever he goes and I don't think the Celtics can match.

Might be Grant's last year in Celtic green which will be sad. He's a perfect fit there. He is definitely going to get a huge contract wherever he goes and I don't think the Celtics can match.

I think he makes a lot of sense for one of these low-cost payroll, young teams who will be trying to win next year. OKC, Houston, or maybe Pistons. He'd be bringing lots of playoff experience but would fit the young vibe of the team. I get the impression he's a little bit annoying to his Celtics teammates because he tries to be too much of a leader, but a younger team needs that.

Reactions: Rifleman
Capture.JPG

Grant shooting 52% from 3 through 10 games! While it is nuts just how abysmal NBA defense is now, and he feasts with wide open shots on the short corners (63% on those), Grant clearly spent his offseason well.

View attachment 512573

Grant shooting 52% from 3 through 10 games! While it is nuts just how abysmal NBA defense is now, and he feasts with wide open shots on the short corners (63% on those), Grant clearly spent his offseason well.

NBA defense is really good. The quality of perimeter defenders has never been better. Just look at the Celtics. They got a clear 8-man rotation and 7 of them are good perimeter defenders. There is no team like that in previous eras. The game is just really, really spread out now and the D has more ground to cover. Grant gets open looks because there are 3-4 other shooters on the floor with him.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
NBA defense is really good. The quality of perimeter defenders has never been better. Just look at the Celtics. They got a clear 8-man rotation and 7 of them are good perimeter defenders. There is no team like that in previous eras. The game is just really, really spread out now and the D has more ground to cover. Grant gets open looks because there are 3-4 other shooters on the floor with him.

That's absurd. I'm seeing constant fundamental collapses, lack of effort, lack of basic scouting preparation and lack of desire to even play defense from a lot of teams. A lot of teams are not closing out on shooters at all anymore. The result is 161 players are currently shooting greater than 33% from 3 point range. These guys are good but they are not that good.

That's absurd. I'm seeing constant fundamental collapses, lack of effort, lack of basic scouting preparation and lack of desire to even play defense from a lot of teams. A lot of teams are not closing out on shooters at all anymore. The result is 161 players are currently shooting greater than 33% from 3 point range. These guys are good but they are not that good.

What does that even mean?

Guys are trying harder than ever to defend the perimeter. Guys are built more now to defend the perimeter. It's a perimeter league now. There is no way you can compare anything you are seeing to other eras because the game was different. Perimeter defense is a priority because that's where the game is played. Remember when MJ hit 6 3's in a finals game? Every one of them was wide open. So yeah, sometimes you're going to see guys get open shots. Sometimes you're going to see a lack of effort in an 82-game season. But what you're not going to see is the best guard in the world get lazy spot-up 3's that are wide open in an NBA finals. I don't think a single one of those 6 3's even came off action. The announcers were freaking out for MJ. Today they'd be freaking out at the D, because that doesn't happen now.

The playoffs tell the story of the league, and just look at the rosters and compare them. Jazz won a lot of games the last 3 years but couldn't get anywhere in the playoffs because their team was built like a 90's D.

VN Store

Back