Gran Turismo 6 announced for PS3 (PS4 version possible)

I like the demo. I think the physics feel a lot nicer. You can almost feel as each tire loses traction instead of all 4 breaking loose at once. I think the body roll needs some tweaking, it is a bit overdone.

Last edited:
I like the demo. I think the physics feel a lot nicer. You can almost feel as each tire loses traction instead of all 4 breaking loose at once. I think the body roll needs some tweaking, it is a bit overdone.

I like it too. At first I was like "meh." However I keep going back and playing the demo over and over and I really enjoy it! I agree that the physics feel much more natural and that new lighting engine is gorgeous! Plus it looks like Polyphony fixed the shadow issues that plagued GT5. Still some low rez textures here and there but the cars and tracks look great! Of course it's not going to out class Forza 5 on Xbox One and probably not even Drive Club on PS4. However I think to be running on PS3 hardware it's damn impressive, even at this late stage.

Bump, just over 20 days to release (PS3 only). A PS4 version will be GT7, and according to Kaz (series creator), it will be out in a year or 2.

Here is a blowout of info that came out last week Gran Turismo 6 - PRODUCTS - gran-turismo.com I have pre-ordered. A cool feature that is coming through an update, is a GPS tracking app that will allow that GPS route to be placed in the track creator, and be driven in the game. I will be heading down the Tail of the Dragon once that feature is updated.

Last edited:
Bump, just over 20 days to release (PS3 only). A PS4 version will be GT7, and according to Kaz (series creator), it will be out in a year or 2.

Here is a blowout of info that came out last week Gran Turismo 6 - PRODUCTS - gran-turismo.com I have pre-ordered. A cool feature that is coming through an update, is a GPS tracking app that will allow that GPS route to be placed in the track creator, and be driven in the game. I will be heading down the Tail of the Dragon once that feature is updated.

That is the coolest thing on earth.

That is the coolest thing on earth.

The only down side is that the scenery will not be the same. The GPS will only track the turns and the elevations. However, there are some mountain track locations in the track creator, so can get it somewhat close.

Reviews read as though all the traditional problems are still there. Still excited though.

Traditional problems be damned - nothing beats the GT drive of the Ring in an old Afla.

I'd pay $25 just to have that track (and maybe Suzuka) with a choice of cars and ways to play.

Loving it. Screw the old problems, this just feels fun to play. The cars handle better. They still don't signal well. The cars seem to snap and do so with little warning. I probably just need more seat time.

This feels like GT2. In a very good way. GT5 felt foreign, but this feels like home.

So no one else bought this game? I love it, cars are super sensitive though. So hard to pull a car out of a slide.

So no one else bought this game? I love it, cars are super sensitive though. So hard to pull a car out of a slide.

I probably would have if not for PS4 coming out. I'm sure it's a nice game but I was ready to move on. I wish Polyphony would have developed it as a PS4 launch title.

That was horrible judgement on their part.

Probably but it's also been their pattern since the beginning.

GT1 & GT2 - PS1

GT3 & GT4 - PS2

GT5 & GT6 - PS3

I don't think Polyphony will release a new GT on a platform that's just starting to build it's userbase. They usually wait until that platform has a minimum number of units sold.

I probably would have if not for PS4 coming out. I'm sure it's a nice game but I was ready to move on. I wish Polyphony would have developed it as a PS4 launch title.

Me too, but their track record suggests they would need more time than the PS4 developer tools have been available. I don't see PD ever developing a launch game, because they are slow as hell.

They must have been working on GT6 long before the release of GT5 lol.

Me too, but their track record suggests they would need more time than the PS4 developer tools have been available. I don't see PD ever developing a launch game, because they are slow as hell.

They must have been working on GT6 long before the release of GT5 lol.

JMO but I think Polyphony needs to sorely give this franchise a huge overhaul. They really are running the risk of making Gran Turismo a "dinosaur" in the racing sim market. They need to get over their stubborness and incorporate a real damage system to their vehicles. They need to allow for more user generated customization on the vehicles. They need to improve opponent AI exponentially! They need to "trim the fat" on their car selection and cut out so many of these boring off the lot economy cars and so many of the same models with slight differences.

Gt3 was a launch title on ps2.

The formula is a bit stale, but the game sells gangbusters.

Gt3 was a launch title on ps2.

The formula is a bit stale, but the game sells gangbusters.

GT3 was not a launch title on PS2. The PS2 released in March, 2000 in Japan and in November, 2000 in NA and Europe. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec came out April 28th 2001 in Japan and July 2001 in NA and Europe.

Okay, so just out of curiosity I rented GT6 to try out.

My impressions are basically this. GT6 is what GT5 SHOULD have been!

1.) Overall the game looks gorgeous! This is quite possibly the best lighting system I have seen on anything on PS3 and about the only thing I can think of that I've played that looks better, lighting wise would be Killzone Shadowfall on PS4. The lighting/shadow detail is quite striking, especially during evening or early morning races! Car detail on the premium cars look fantastic. Hands down the best car models I've seen on any console racer. Where the game starts to stumble graphically are track textures, car shadows, and overall trackside detail. It's a definite improvement over GT5 but I have a feeling that Polyphony pushed the PS3 capabilities about as far as they can and that's about all you can ask for.

2.) The handling and suspension of the cars, massive improvement over GT5! Now the handling feels so smooth, so natural! If I had an actual steering wheel it probably would have felt even more so! I have zero qualms with the handling system. It's spot on as far as I'm concerned.

3.) Car sounds, yes this has always been a complaint from GT players and sorry to say there's no massive improvement here. However I will say that if you have a home theater. Go into the sound options and enable either large or small home theater and then choose your set up (either 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, etc). I will say enabling this showed a BIG improvement in the engine sounds in the game. Still not great, still not where it should be, but better!

4.) Arcade mode has been improved quite a bit in terms of track selection. There is quite a large initial selection of cars and tracks from the get go, including several rally/off road tracks and go kart tracks. Not a bad selection at all for someone who just wants to jump in and start playing. Career mode, I barely got into last night because of time but I'll edit my impressions later when I get chance to play more. Also I didn't get a chance to play online yet so I'll edit that as well.

5.) Opponent AI, dumb as ever!!!

Overall I would say GT6 is a good but not great game. Unfortunately it's still missing some features that I feel it needs to have in this day and age such as a meaningful damage system, car customization, better engine sounds, better opponent AI, etc. However overall, for what it DOES do it does very very well!! You can definitely see the work that Polyphony put into this game and it HAS made strides. However it still has a ways to go to get this franchise back to the greatness it once was. Right now, based on what I've played I give this game a solid B+.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back