gosh....who would have ever thunk it?

well it's not pruitt. it's not kirby. probably not Jimbo. or Muschamp.

doubtful it's mullen. doubt coach O would throw that stone given his past.

probably not what's his name at ARK. probalby not what's his name at Mizzou. can't see why what's his name at Vandy would care.

so that leaves....Malzahn, Stoops and Morhead. i doubt it is morehead, no frame of refrence.

so that leaves 2.

Malzahn doens't need that headache.

so that leaves stoops. and he's got nothing to lose, and it sounds like something he'd do.

Reactions: nesbuddha66

probably not what's his name at ARK. probalby not what's his name at Mizzou. can't see why what's his name at Vandy would care.

so that leaves....Malzahn, Stoops and Morhead. i doubt it is morehead, no frame of refrence.

so that leaves 2.

so that leaves stoops. and he's got nothing to lose, and it sounds like something he'd do.
The coaches comments that article is referring to are from 127 FBS coaches, not SEC coaches. It could be Stockstill at MTSU for all we know.

Most “journalists” today...are not journalists. They are glorified bloggers. Nothing more. There is very little fact and a whole lotta opinion and hearsay in most “articles” in this day and age. I barely even pay attention to this type of crap anymore, It’s basically the sports version of national inquirer articles. Before long, Nick Saban will be a secret reptilian and have a UFO base hidden under his lake house.

Most “journalists” today...are not journalists. They are glorified bloggers. Nothing more. There is very little fact and a whole lotta opinion and hearsay in most “articles” in this day and age. I barely even pay attention to this type of crap anymore, It’s basically the sports version of national inquirer articles. Before long, Nick Saban will be a secret reptilian and have a UFO base hidden under his lake house.
Sports Journalism is a joke and has been for a long time

so that leaves 2.

Agreed probably Stoops and wouldn't be the 1st time UK accused Bama of cheating.

:eek:

Well Kiffin thinks he is a rival... but, he is not one to stir the pot.

raw

sounds like the fellow is from amongst the same litter that felt UT would finish 13th in basketball (SEC), last season.

Reactions: feathersax
This is one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard:
“If you had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year [you’d win like Nick Saban]. He shows up at every single game with a better roster than the teams he ‘s playing. … If you count cheating and getting the best players in the country as part of running a program, he’s the best in the country. It’s like saying an NFL coach is the best coach in the league if he gets 25 first-round picks every year.”

The guy who made this statement is supposedly a head coach, so I'm assuming he knows who is recruiting the players. First-round draft picks are allotted based on where you finished the previous season. You don't "work" to get them, in fact, the worse you are the better draft pick you get. Saban and his staff are going out and actively recruiting the best high school players in the country against a bunch of other schools, and getting a ton of them. To suggest that isn't a skill for which a coach deserves credit seems like pure jealousy. "If you count...getting the best players in the country as part of running a program..." Why in the hell wouldn't you count that as part of running a program? That's a huge part of running a program.

Also, I just beg to differ that any other coach would win just as much as Saban if they had Saban's players. Does anybody really think that Butch Jones, if he had been at Alabama for the past 11 years with the same teams Saban has fielded, would have won 5 national titles? I don't think he would have won a single one - he would have lost at least a couple games per year because of some bad coaching decision, which would have cost him the chance of playing for one. Not to mention he just couldn't develop guys.

Reactions: bamawriter
As long as that rival coach's name is Jeremy Pruitt and he has actual audio/video evidince that will sink Saban, then this is non-news.

VN Store

Back