God of War (PS4) Releases April 20th!

About 20-23 hours into this and it is by far the best game I have played with this gen. It is also up there with my favorite games of all time. The combat, the animations, the STORY, and everything in between, this game just does everything for me.

EDIT: the only games that come close to this for me this gen are HZD, Mario, and Zelda, but they are behind IMO.

Never liked the GoW games due to the frustrating/cheap button-mashy puzzles during boss fights - glad they've done away with that crap.

The buzz has my interest peaked - I'm in as soon as I finish FC5.

I picked this up launch day and installed it, but I can't start it until I'm completely done with AC Origins.

This game is so damn good!

One thing I've learned while playing is, I much prefer games with this kind of "aquarium" level design over full blown open world games. There's a certain amount of linearity to it but at the same time, each area is big and open enough to allow you explore if that's what you choose to do. It's not too dissimilar to Uncharted 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider's level design.

The problem I have with full blown open world games is there's always a point where eventually fatigue sets in and I hit this wall where I just get tired of playing and I abandon it. It happened to me with Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and Zelda BOTW. I did manage to beat Horizon Zero Dawn but it did a really good job of managing progress I thought.

This game is so damn good!

One thing I've learned while playing is, I much prefer games with this kind of "aquarium" level design over full blown open world games. There's a certain amount of linearity to it but at the same time, each area is big and open enough to allow you explore if that's what you choose to do. It's not too dissimilar to Uncharted 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider's level design.

The problem I have with full blown open world games is there's always a point where eventually fatigue sets in and I hit this wall where I just get tired of playing and I abandon it. It happened to me with Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and Zelda BOTW. I did manage to beat Horizon Zero Dawn but it did a really good job of managing progress I thought.

I tend to agree. I like open world games but I'm the type that depending on the game I get stuck trying to do everything; every side quest, every item find, etc. I'm in that right now with AC Origins.

You an achievement whore, too?

Normally not really, but certain games if I think they are obtainable in a rather reasonable manner, I'll try to get them all. Origins' achievements are reasonable IMO and I've found most AC games are.

Normally not really, but certain games if I think they are obtainable in a rather reasonable manner, I'll try to get them all. Origins' achievements are reasonable IMO and I've found most AC games are.

That’s how I am. I’ll get them for games I really enjoy but that’s about it. Some people are annoyed by them, but they give me extra incentive to do things in a game I’d otherwise not know about or not care to try out. I enjoy having a document of accomplishments and being able to call people out on their bulls**t now. I remember as a kid my buddies saying they did this or that, and now I’ve got evidence. It’s like getting the high score in the arcade for me or something. Completely meaningless but whatever lol

I'm almost done with the second chapter, and so far it's pretty awesome. And surprisingly more challenging than I was expecting just playing on normal.

God of War is officially PS4's fastest selling exclusive! 3.1 million copies sold in 3 days. Well deserved as the game is a masterpiece!

Holy crap the Queen of the Valkyries is by far the toughest boss in the game and it’s not even close. I can’t beat her and I’m level 8 and I even dropped the difficulty to easy and the best I could do is get her to about 35% health.

Seriously, has anyone beaten the Valkyrie Queen? I'm as leveled up as I can possibly get, I even put the difficulty on easy, and I can't even get close to beating her.

I'm at the point where I'm about to just rage quit and be done with the game. I really hate to because this is the last trophy I need, but for the love of God this incredibly frustrating. I've even watched videos of dudes not even getting hit on the highest difficulty and I still can't get close to beating her.

Seriously, has anyone beaten the Valkyrie Queen? I'm as leveled up as I can possibly get, I even put the difficulty on easy, and I can't even get close to beating her.

I'm at the point where I'm about to just rage quit and be done with the game. I really hate to because this is the last trophy I need, but for the love of God this incredibly frustrating. I've even watched videos of dudes not even getting hit on the highest difficulty and I still can't get close to beating her.

I’m just now working through the Valkyries. Man they are tough. Especially when they call in other enemies

VN Store

Back