Gilliam out with torn ACL

I would hate for any of our players to be injured, but if there's one OL that I would not want to tear his ACL, it's Gilliam.

He did spend 5 years trying to get a start and earned a scholly and a start. I hate it for the kid. This injury can take mental tole on somebody. Wish him luck and speed in recovery and I'm proud to call him a VFL.

Reactions: 1 person
Sucks to hear him go down for the year. Didn't get to see a replay but didn't look to be an ACL and was hoping he would be back for the OK game. This guy has already had to go through so much to even get his chance from walk on to starter and having to wait 4 yrs for his opportunity. He truly bleeds orange when he could've easily transferred to a smaller school early and started all along but decided to stick it out and finally got his due. Hope this inspires the team and they lay it on the line even more than they have. Not saying we are going to win a NC or anything but I've seen some magical things happen to teams when a fellow teammate goes down and it brings them even closer together(Louisville bball and Kevin Ware come to mind recently). I know he'll fight through this and and recover fully. Thanks for giving your all for TN Gill! A true VFL

I'm not saying the season is over by any means because our d really impressed me and if they can play even more inspired than that, it will keep us in ball games no matter what the offense does. Just hate to see something bad happen to someone who has worked his tail off to get where he was and have something like this happen. I was really rooting for him

Even if he gets a 6th year what are the odds he starts next year .. He was just a fill in till Blair gets it together

Can he redshirt or get a medical redshirt?

I doudt that the coaching staff would really want him to medical red shirt. They are counting on him graduating and moving on, so they can use his scholarship for someone else in this recruiting cycle.

VN Store

Back