Gift for the Queen

Even oklavol and owb are showing some signs of coming out of their euphoria and emainvol has drifted so far to the center he's almost walking upright.
Actually, nowadays, I just like to sit back and watch everyone cry about everything. I'm long past the point of trying debate anything in here. What's the point? I don't agree with everything Obama has done thus far, but I take comfort in the fact that what's being done is done with some thought and intelligence. That's more than we had the last 8 years.

As for the Ipod, who cares? Was it the best gift to give? Probably not. But what do you get the woman who has everything? AIG stock?

Actually, nowadays, I just like to sit back and watch everyone cry about everything. I'm long past the point of trying debate anything in here. What's the point? I don't agree with everything Obama has done thus far, but I take comfort in the fact that what's being done is done with some thought and intelligence. That's more than we had the last 8 years. quote]
Now sometimes you just have to instigate a little bit just to get our conservative friends blood flowing.:)

How about something historical like a picture of George Washington crossing the Deleware or a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence.

Virginia actually gave Britain a big statue of Washington, and they put it a fairly prominent area by the national gallery in Trafalgar Square. There really has been no sour grapes for nearly 200 years.

Well, for one, he isn't looking into the eyes of Putin and "seeing his soul" (boy, he got that one wrong), going on "gut instinct", or using prayer as a means to make important decisions.

Well, for one, he isn't looking into the eyes of Putin and "seeing his soul" (boy, he got that one wrong), going on "gut instinct", or using prayer as a means to make important decisions.

He's spent a lot of time convincing everyone he's a Christian, so I'll have to take him at his word and believe that prayer plays at least a small factor in his decisions. I don't see how cracking jokes about the Special Olympics, saying, "I win", and insisting a trillion dollar bill be passed without review shows that Obama carefully contemplates every move.

no, he's just bowing before the King of Saudi Arabia, completely violating the proper protocol.

He's spent a lot of time convincing everyone he's a Christian, so I'll have to take him at his word and believe that prayer plays at least a small factor in his decisions. I don't see how cracking jokes about the Special Olympics, saying, "I win", and insisting a trillion dollar bill be passed without review shows that Obama carefully contemplates every move.

Are you a Bush supporter? Honestly, because it is stunning hypocrisy someone would be critical about Obama making verbal gaffes and handing out trillion dollar handouts without review.

Maybe he just wasn't a close family friend like your boy Bush was.

the US President doesn't bow to anybody, US citizens in general are sovereign in their own right and therefore don't bow to anybody. What Obama did was show subservience, not respect. I can assure you, the Arab world viewed that as a sign of American weakness.

the US President doesn't bow to anybody, US citizens in general are sovereign in their own right and therefore don't bow to anybody. What Obama did was show subservience, not respect. I can assure you, the Arab world viewed that as a sign of American weakness.

And I can assure you, the Arab world viewed Bush's close ties and support of the Saudi royals as part of the problem as well.

And I can assure you, the Arab world viewed Bush's close ties and support of the Saudi royals as part of the problem as well.

Someday you're going to realize that Bush isn't the President.

Are you a Bush supporter? Honestly, because it is stunning hypocrisy someone would be critical about Obama making verbal gaffes and handing out trillion dollar handouts without review.

My thoughts on Bush are irrelevant, because I was responding to this:

I take comfort in the fact that what's being done is done with some thought and intelligence. That's more than we had the last 8 years.

:clap:

That somes up better then I can, how I feel about the majority of the posts in this forum. Well done.

Who in the world supports Bush in this forum?

Bush was a clown as president!

The failure is government as a whole.

In the meantime, anything somewhat different from Bush should be off limits for criticism.

Absolutely not. There is plenty I don't agree with what Obama is doing. His healthcare plan will be disasterous, cutting military spending is just plain stupid, and his views on second amendment interpretations is ridiculous. Bush at least got those right.

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of what many people who probably voted for Bush twice are now saying about Obama.

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of what many people who probably voted for Bush twice are now saying about Obama.

I don't think the verbal gaffes by Bush are a big deal because he was never, ever regarded as even a decent speaker. People talk about Obama like every speech he delivers is "I have a dream" quality.

VN Store

Back