Getting close to removing a black stripe?

I wonder if some, or all, of the EEs who went through spring practice will have black stripes for the fall. Seems like several of those guys did well enough in the O&W game; they shouldn't have to earn it again.

You could have taken Mosely, Coleman Thomas, Wolf, Helm, VP, Hurd, JJohnson and Malones off in the first week. I probably missed a few too.

:eek:k::eek:k:No Berry's? VP and CW are JUCO's, which I don't think gives 'em black stripes. Honestly, we really don't know who's going to do what. We will have surprises, though. Don't y'all think?:clapping:

:eek:k::eek:k:No Berry's? VP and CW are JUCO's, which I don't think gives 'em black stripes. Honestly, we really don't know who's going to do what. We will have surprises, though. Don't y'all think?:clapping:

The #1 black stripe we need removed is Blair's. The OL needs him to come out roaring from day 1 and play to and above his potential. LT is a huge position of importance for Team 118.

Von had a stripe at the student-only practice last semester

This staff seems to come down hard on highly rated prospects and I don't see them potentially risk inflating their ego by doing this. It's gotta be difficult to keep these kids egos in check with how much attention they get in the recruiting process and articles predicting Heismans they're featured in. Coaches have to send a message that if you're a 3*, 4* or 5* nothing is handed out.

I see them rewarding a hard working vocal guy like Vic Wharton.

I can see that even if Malone or Hurd are outplaying everyone else with a black stripe on. It'll be symbolic.

VN Store

Back