Georgia QB Jacob Eason will reportedly start against North Carolina

Well, UGA is a tough opponent in their own house. Frosh QB or no, whoopin' the Dawgs in Samford isn't easy. Let's look back...
2015: Jawja's only home loss was to Bama, 10-38
2014: Jawja's only home loss was to GT, 24-30
2013: Jawja's only home loss was to Mizzou, 26-41
2012: No home loss
2011: Jawja's only home loss was to SoCar, 42-45
2010: Jawja's only home loss was to Arky, 24-31
2009: Lost 2 in Athens, 1. LSU 13-20, 2. UK 27-34
2008: Lost 2 in Athens, 1.Bama 30-41, 2. GT 42-45
2007: Jawja's only home loss was to SoCar, 12-16

You get the picture. Up years (10+ wins), down years (6-8 wins), UGA doesn't often lose in Athens. This year, if they have one home loss, Tennessee has to be it.

I would point out that it helps that Florida never visits Athens.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope he gets scared and they have a qb mess all year.

I don't care how good this kid was coming out of high school. A true freshman QB in the SEC is going to be in for a rude awakening. Buckle up, Georgia fans.

We thought the same thing in 2001 when an unranked GA was starting FR David Green against the #4 Vols and not only did we lose at home but he threw for 300+ yards. FR QB's these days are as ready as they have ever been because the highschools run similar offense's that have them much more prepared and ready to play day 1. JG and Eason will be 2 of the many highly rated and next great SEC QB's. Just hope he isn't as prepared as a lot of FR QB's are now.

Well, UGA is a tough opponent in their own house. Frosh QB or no, whoopin' the Dawgs in Samford isn't easy. Let's look back...
2015: Jawja's only home loss was to Bama, 10-38
2014: Jawja's only home loss was to GT, 24-30
2013: Jawja's only home loss was to Mizzou, 26-41
2012: No home loss
2011: Jawja's only home loss was to SoCar, 42-45
2010: Jawja's only home loss was to Arky, 24-31
2009: Lost 2 in Athens, 1. LSU 13-20, 2. UK 27-34
2008: Lost 2 in Athens, 1.Bama 30-41, 2. GT 42-45
2007: Jawja's only home loss was to SoCar, 12-16

You get the picture. Up years (10+ wins), down years (6-8 wins), UGA doesn't often lose in Athens. This year, if they have one home loss, Tennessee has to be it.

Exactly and don't we have a losing streak against GA in Athens that is in dire need of getting broke?

We thought the same thing in 2001 when an unranked GA was starting FR David Green against the #4 Vols and not only did we lose at home but he threw for 300+ yards. FR QB's these days are as ready as they have ever been because the highschools run similar offense's that have them much more prepared and ready to play day 1. JG and Eason will be 2 of the many highly rated and next great SEC QB's. Just hope he isn't as prepared as a lot of FR QB's are now.

Honestly, that's a pretty rare situation. Defenses in the SEC are a lot bigger and stronger nowadays and 99.9% of kids straight out of high school can't really be prepared for it right off the bat. I would not want Guarantano out there right now. I do think Eason will be a good QB down the road, but I really think he's going to spend a lot of time getting acquainted with the turf this year.

Eason passes the eye test. Even if Lambert and Ramsey are not SEC-caliber QB's, it's impressive for a new head coach to go all-in with a true freshman as the starter. Is Eason ready or is it more of Smart insisting on doing things his way and abandoning Richt's remaining foundation?

Greene was a REDSHIRT freshman. Little bit of a difference.

Reactions: 3 people
Dont see Eason struggling much at all unless he is totally overrated. I was a richt fan, but don't see Kirby as dumb. Eason starting right away for a reason, whatever that may be. And both reasons likely converged for a no brainer. 1. He's plenty good enough already. 2. the other 2 are not good enough to start as seniors and keep Eason on red-shirt. Kirby may do better with richt's roster only because he has more kahonas. But, UGA always has a way of losing key players somehow that turn that would be season into a normal one.

Dont see Eason struggling much at all unless he is totally overrated. I was a richt fan, but don't see Kirby as dumb. Eason starting right away for a reason, whatever that may be. And both reasons likely converged for a no brainer. 1. He's plenty good enough already. 2. the other 2 are not good enough to start as seniors and keep Eason on red-shirt. Kirby may do better with richt's roster only because he has more kahonas. But, UGA always has a way of losing key players somehow that turn that would be season into a normal one.

He starting bc Kirby is a first year coach and this year is a pass for him. Get Eason experience for year 2. There is no down side to starting him for smart.

Good. True freshman QB with a ton of expectations starting day one vs a pretty good UNC with a very good DC in Chizik....I hope they take the kid's soul this weekend and his confidence is shot til late 2018.

Reactions: 1 person
Good. True freshman QB with a ton of expectations starting day one vs a pretty good UNC with a very good DC in Chizik....I hope they take the kid's soul this weekend and his confidence is shot til late 2018.

Yes I couldn't agree more.. Knock em down a few notches

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back