Georgetown Game

westtnvol

Addicted to Vol Nation!!
That win just got alot better or atleast it looks like it is going to. Georgetown is taking the the number 2 team in the country behind the woodshed and giving them a beating. The win over the Hoyas is looking alot better right now.

It's a good win especially on paper. But if the two teams met again - we'd get spanked. They've improved a lot.

It's a good win especially on paper. But if the two teams met again - we'd get spanked. They've improved a lot.

You can't say that. We beat them on a neutral floor fair and square. But that win should prove to be helpful come seeding time.

I wish we had a player like Monroe. That kid can play. But then again, JTIII is a hell of a coach.

You can't say that. We beat them on a neutral floor fair and square. But that win should prove to be helpful come seeding time.

Why can't you say that? We were both young teams at the time and they've made obvious strides... we've haven't... if anything we've regressed since losing JP. So I disagree, yes you can say that.

And if not for the freakish shooting of Cameron Tatum at the end of the 2nd half, we wouldn't have snuck out with that win.

Why can't you say that? We were both young teams at the time and they've made obvious strides... we've haven't... if anything we've regressed since losing JP. So I disagree, yes you can say that.

And if not for the freakish shooting of Cameron Tatum at the end of the 2nd half, we wouldn't have snuck out with that win.

Snuck out with a 12 point win, in which we laid 90 points on them for the first time in something like 3 years.

Snuck out with a 12 point win, in which we laid 90 points on them for the first time in something like 3 years.

What was the score before they made it a free throw contest in desperation? We were down for most of the game (and not just by 1 or 2 points) until the final 6 minutes or so when Tatum went on his rampage.

You can't honestly tell yourself Georgetown isn't the better team at this time with full confidence.

I have no idea which team is the better team right now. Here's what I do know. I do know we beat them by 12. On a neutral floor. I do know your statement is completely opinion and not based in fact.... considering we already beat them this year. This team of ours is very streaky. We can beat anyone, but we can lose to (most) anyone. It is what it is. To state there is no way we could beat Georgetown right now is ridiculous.

I said we'd get spanked if we played them again. Doesn't mean there is no chance we'd beat them several times in a series of 3,5,or 10 games.

They beat Memphis and spanked the #2 team in the country on their court. I just can't see how you can say they aren't playing better than UT right now.

I'm not saying you discredit the win come tourney time because we beat them so early - was just pointing out they are definitely not the same team we played.

Last edited:
I think they are a better team right now, they are really playing well since we beat them, but we beat them and that is looking good right now no matter how we are playing.

VN Store

Back