George Whitfield coolest surprise? QB Jarrett Guarantano maturity

Makes me wonder if JG getting all this attention makes QD feel overlooked. I know JG has not had as much time as QD under our system or as a college QB, but why did JG go and not QD?

I think Sheriron Jones is being over looked. He had injury issues last season but as a freshmen he was making some good throws in practice and was a lively athlete. I am convinced he will be a factor in the race. Not saying he is gonna win it but he definitely will factor in ..

Reactions: 6 people
I'm excited about his prospects as anyone, but I'll take a game-manager type QB with 4*/5* OL over a highly recruited 5* QB with 3*/4* OL. Yes, an OL coach can make a huge difference.

82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

Not sure you've noticed, but we do have an OL with 4* and 5* recruits.

Reactions: 4 people
82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

Not sure you've noticed, but we do have an OL with 4* and 5* recruits.

Exactly! I guess I'm in the minority but I truly expect the OL to be one of our strengths. The big problem with the OL last year was injuries, same as the DL. Too many different starting combos to function well as a singular unit..

On the QB competition, whichever gives us the best chance to win. I've kind of been on the side of QD being the best chance but one thing I have noticed on the sidelines during games is, the players seem to gravitate to JG. He may have the "it" factor that players are drawn towards. QD has a nice arm too and from what little I've seen it seems to be quite accurate. Either way, GBO..

Reactions: 2 people
He could be great but get ready for him to make mistakes and screw up now and then...Growing pains are tough but he is smart enough to overcome them...SEC pressure sucks..Can't wait to see him in action and watch him develop into a top notch QB.

Makes me wonder if JG getting all this attention makes QD feel overlooked. I know JG has not had as much time as QD under our system or as a college QB, but why did JG go and not QD?

I heard JG chose to spend his spring break working with him, maybe QD didn't. Either way we should have a good problem (a lot of talented Bodies at QB) this spring and hopefully fall!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I think Sheriron Jones is being over looked. He had injury issues last season but as a freshmen he was making some good throws in practice and was a lively athlete. I am convinced he will be a factor in the race. Not saying he is gonna win it but he definitely will factor in ..

Maybe he should make a position move to, maybe TE. Do it here, don't transfer then do it.

Shaun King haha. Marginally talented at best

Yeah Whitfields Bio is better?????The story focused on the bio information listed on Whitfield’s website that included short stints playing arena football from 2001-2006 with the Chicago Rush, Louisville Fire, Memphis Xplorers and Bossier City Battle Wings. The story quoted the owner of the Battle Wings, Dan Newman, saying, “I can find no record of George Whitfield playing AFL or af2 and he certainly never played for us.”

On Tuesday night, Mike Hohensee, who has been in arena football for 28 seasons and was the coach of the Chicago Rush from 2001-08, told FOX Sports he found Whitfield at an open tryout in Pennsylvania. "We had about 250 players come out and he was one of the two players we kept," Hohensee said. "I did coach him. He came to camp. We were loaded at quarterback and he didn’t make it."

Please excuse my ignorance. But, what attention are you referring to? Just this camp (the J Football pic too), or is there more that I've missed?

Yeah Whitfields Bio is better?????The story focused on the bio information listed on Whitfield’s website that included short stints playing arena football from 2001-2006 with the Chicago Rush, Louisville Fire, Memphis Xplorers and Bossier City Battle Wings. The story quoted the owner of the Battle Wings, Dan Newman, saying, “I can find no record of George Whitfield playing AFL or af2 and he certainly never played for us.”

On Tuesday night, Mike Hohensee, who has been in arena football for 28 seasons and was the coach of the Chicago Rush from 2001-08, told FOX Sports he found Whitfield at an open tryout in Pennsylvania. "We had about 250 players come out and he was one of the two players we kept," Hohensee said. "I did coach him. He came to camp. We were loaded at quarterback and he didn’t make it."

If having a lot of on field success as a player was a requirement for being a good coach/evaluator/mechanics technician, then a lot of HOF coaches would be out on the street.

Long story short, neither guy's playing career as a professional athlete disqualifies them from coaching or teaching.

If having a lot of on field success as a player was a requirement for being a good coach/evaluator/mechanics technician, then a lot of HOF coaches would be out on the street.

Long story short, neither guy's playing career as a professional athlete disqualifies them from coaching or teaching.

That was my point when Phil was disparaging Shaun King for his so-so NFL career. I will say this some have listed GW as a snake oil salesman.

Whitfield is trying to teach the same throwing motion to all the kids and it really screws up the majority. Harris has been traveling to Whitfield camps since HS.

Harvey said his own son went to a Whitfield camp and they altered his motion to a point where he couldn't complete a 5 yard out. He then went on to say that he sent his son to work with former LSU OC Ed Zaunbrecher and he corrected the things that Whitfield had changed and he's back to being accurate on the short/intermediate routes.

Whitfield one the best in the business,there's a reason highly rated qbs are always training with the dude.Andrew Luck,Newton,Mariota,Winston just to name a few.All seem to have high praise for the guy.

Last edited:
All the hate because JG is doing something on HIS OWN during Spring break? If Dormady was getting help from a noted QB coach he'd get the press also. JG is hungry and not backing down or just giving Dormady the job cause he got some snaps. Not saying Dormady isnt hungry but what dis he do for Spring break? Stay at school? Go to the beach? Go eat Momma's cooking? It will get interesting next week.

All the hate because JG is doing something on HIS OWN during Spring break? If Dormady was getting help from a noted QB coach he'd get the press also. JG is hungry and not backing down or just giving Dormady the job cause he got some snaps. Not saying Dormady isnt hungry but what dis he do for Spring break? Stay at school? Go to the beach? Go eat Momma's cooking? It will get interesting next week.

Dormady's dad is a coach. Bet the old tire swing wasn't utilized for human passengers. And "Mama" prolly learned a few nutritious recipes during her baby's career. :)

VN Store

Back