Geno signs for four more years.

Well you have to put foot surgery in the equation. Mercedes would be a beast of a player at Uconn. You know why? because Geno would not let her be lazy on either end of the court.

Reactions: 5 people
Uconn barely beats Tulane 63-60. This will be the year uconn won't make it to the final four. They have a short bench & their starters are average.

It's only good news for WCBB if another program can keep it close with them year in and year out. Otherwise as Gule said its's possible another 100+. They are going to be even better next year. No other program seems inspired or has the coaching to try to keep up
. All good things come to an end! The competition, across the country including the west coast teams, is getting better.

Well you have to put foot surgery in the equation. Mercedes would be a beast of a player at Uconn. You know why? because Geno would not let her be lazy on either end of the court.

AMEN to that!!!!! She wouldn't be lolly gagging down the court or being such a p*^~;s y under the basket!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Uconn barely beats Tulane 63-60. This will be the year uconn won't make it to the final four. They have a short bench & their starters are average.

Assuming all you say is true. . . it just means he knows how to take a short bench and average starters and turn them into a championship team. Holly, on the other hand, ...

Reactions: 3 people
There was a time when Geno infuriated me. But with Pat gone, women's basketball has completely fallen off my radar screen as anything remotely interesting. I realize now that my almost 40 year enjoyment of the Lady Vols was all about her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

The only truism in those two sentences is that they "have a short bench". The rest is either unfamiliarity with the team and/or wishful thinking.

Reactions: 1 person
What is Geno really doing at UConn that other coaches aren't or can't? They don't run a sophisticated offense or exotic defense.

The players they have this year don't have that "wow" type of talent that you see with other talented players around the country. That make you say "wowwww, she did that?"

I watched the UConn-South Carolina game and I was like, okay, tonight will be that first loss. Nurse could barely move but somehow she was able to get back on defense quickly most of the game. Katie Lou had zero points at halftime.

Then UConn does what it always does. Outwork you in the basic fundamentals of the game. I'm watching this and I'm like, "they are gonna wear SC down at some point and pull away". And they did. Williams had a big night and their freshman PG and native of this fine state made a lot of "solid" plays.

But again I ask, what do they do that is special or different than what anybody else is doing? They running basic stuff on both ends.....

I guess it just means they work hard for the entire 40 minutes. They don't have the talent we have or lots of other teams, but they wear the other teams down physically and mentally. The really sad thing is, many teams are worn out sometime in the first half.

Reactions: 2 people
What is Geno really doing at UConn that other coaches aren't or can't? They don't run a sophisticated offense or exotic defense.

The players they have this year don't have that "wow" type of talent that you see with other talented players around the country. That make you say "wowwww, she did that?"

I watched the UConn-South Carolina game and I was like, okay, tonight will be that first loss. Nurse could barely move but somehow she was able to get back on defense quickly most of the game. Katie Lou had zero points at halftime.

Then UConn does what it always does. Outwork you in the basic fundamentals of the game. I'm watching this and I'm like, "they are gonna wear SC down at some point and pull away". And they did. Williams had a big night and their freshman PG and native of this fine state made a lot of "solid" plays.

But again I ask, what do they do that is special or different than what anybody else is doing? They running basic stuff on both ends.....

Its not only what he does, it is what he doesn't do.

He does expect his girls to reach higher: Skills, ambition, passion, expectations....He doesn't negate the skills they come in with.

And in game adjustments that would make any opposing coach head spin. If we had a coach that said I want 5 spots on Defense or I need 5 solid looks at the basket for points then teams will be able to pull away often like Uconn. That's what they do. You know once they pull away it's over. Well maybe not against Tulane.

And in game adjustments that would make any opposing coach head spin. If we had a coach that said I want 5 spots on Defense or I need 5 solid looks at the basket for points then teams will be able to pull away often like Uconn. That's what they do. You know once they pull away it's over. Well maybe not against Tulane.

Exactly,
He dictates the matchups instead of responding to them. Even when pushed, he forces matchups.

Case in point Gabby at 5'11" tears up over-6 ft posts with her leaping and athletic ability. Meme could be used just as effectively.

But for this to happen, a coach has to think outside the box.

Coaches always say 4 more years. He will walk away when he's ready regardless of his contract length

VN Store

Back