Gators in 2017 fail

If we can somehow go to Gainesville and win, that 9/30 game versus UGA could be one of the biggest games in Neyland in a long time.

Gators will be biggest disappointment of 2017. I'm calling for a 6-6 record. 8-4 at BEST!

- new DC that will bring in his style and terminology. This is difficult for new DBs
- the teams strength was their stars that they lost to the NFLlast season. They keep Chauncey but lose key to secondary, LB and DL and replace with less talented guys.
- QB has been unsteady not bc of talent but bc of coaching. Zaire or any other QB couldn't fix that system.
- entitlement is all over that program. They don't have the team they once had and players aren't ready for sec without May and Co to bail them out

Michigan - L
N. Colorado - W
Tennessee - L
Kentucky - W
Vandy - W
LSU - L
A&M - W
Bye
Georgia- L
Missouri - W
South Carolina - L
UAB - W
Florida State - L

Guarantee wins - UAB, N Colorado
Toss Ups - USC, Vandy, Missouri, UT
Sure Losses - FSU, UGA, LSU, Michigan

sec standings
(UGA wins easy due to favorable schedule)
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Florida
Vandy
South Carolina
Missouri

I'm with you but I think they beat SC and go 7-5

Reactions: 1 person
You picking UT to win at Florida? That has only happened a few times in the last 35 years. Unless Casey Clausen comes back at QB for UT it's very unlikely.

If they Vols do win at the swamp and beat Georgia in Knoxville then they would have the inside track to the win the East, just have to close it out by avoiding the upset this year.

Unless Spurrier or Meyer come back, and bring Tebow, or Leak with them this Fla. team is beatable. Hell, we had them beat two yrs. ago, but they were forced to gamble on fourth down multiple times and it worked.

We got those jitters out in '16 after the first half debacle. How many redzone screw ups did we have? We should have annihilated them! FL muffed punts inside the 5, then fair catch on the 1...
I was pissed when butch kneeled and went into halftime with possession and 50 secs left on the clock w/ time outs down by, i don't remember 17 i think. That's why there were boo's. We are going to get the W in gay-turd country this season baby! Dormady deep to Jennings!! Yeah Boy!

I'd be happy for Florida to go 8-4, or even 9-3, as long as those three or four losses are all in the SEC and one of them is to the Vols (tall order, I know, us going into the Swamp this year).

Would love to see Florida whup both Michigan and FSU's butts while falling prey to a few SEC rivals.

Most of the time, I root for SEC over others. Especially when we have to play them, cause I want a W over a ranked team.

But FL, nope! Hope they lose to everyone all the time. Overrated this season. We are underrated.

Gators will be biggest disappointment of 2017. I'm calling for a 6-6 record. 8-4 at BEST!

- new DC that will bring in his style and terminology. This is difficult for new DBs
- the teams strength was their stars that they lost to the NFLlast season. They keep Chauncey but lose key to secondary, LB and DL and replace with less talented guys.
- QB has been unsteady not bc of talent but bc of coaching. Zaire or any other QB couldn't fix that system.
- entitlement is all over that program. They don't have the team they once had and players aren't ready for sec without May and Co to bail them out

Michigan - L
N. Colorado - W
Tennessee - L
Kentucky - W
Vandy - W
LSU - L
A&M - W
Bye
Georgia- L
Missouri - W
South Carolina - L
UAB - W
Florida State - L

Guarantee wins - UAB, N Colorado
Toss Ups - USC, Vandy, Missouri, UT
Sure Losses - FSU, UGA, LSU, Michigan

sec standings
(UGA wins easy due to favorable schedule)
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Florida
Vandy
South Carolina
Missouri
do not bet the farm,i have been thinking that for 2 years . the pull a rabbit out of the hat ever year. GA,TN,SC,KY are not power houses yet.

Most of the time, I root for SEC over others. Especially when we have to play them, cause I want a W over a ranked team.

But FL, nope! Hope they lose to everyone all the time. Overrated this season. We are underrated.

I understand the hate. Honestly, I do.

But wouldn't it make you smile just a little bit more for us to walk into the Swamp and take out the much-hyped (because they beat Michigan) and ballyhooed #8 (or #7, or whatever) Florida Gators in their own house?

I know I would love crimping their expectations that way. :)

Plus, side benefit #1: Michigan sucks, would be nice for them to lose right off the bat.

Plus, side benefit #2: bump in SEC standing among Power 5 for Florida-over-Michigan, of course.

But I do understand the hate, I do.

Go Vols!

I'd put them as the preseason favorites of the East. I'm not sold on UGA or Kirby Smart and we lose so much.

You mean since the Bama game last season?

I guess if you thought we had a snowballs chance in hell that day, which I did not. I think there is a pretty good chance UGA will be undefeated and a fair chance that we will too on September 30. Winner takes control of the East, they have already beaten Miss State, with Florida and Auburn left and we still have Bama and LSU to go.

Michigan has had some strong recruiting classes. I could see this game going either way. Both lost lots of key players. I give the edge to Michigan purely on the Harbaugh affect .

I hope your wrong. I never understood the whole "always pull for the SEC". I could never pull for the gators.

I'm all about SEC pride. I do think the conference needs an East team to win. We're in danger of the country saying "The SEC is garbage. All they have is Bama."

That could hurt recruiting dramatically. I order to reclaim our place as the top dog of the P5's we need to spread titles around. Again, an East team winning would serve that purpose well.

I'm all about SEC pride. I do think the conference needs an East team to win. We're in danger of the country saying "The SEC is garbage. All they have is Bama."

That could hurt recruiting dramatically. I order to reclaim our place as the top dog of the P5's we need to spread titles around. Again, an East team winning would serve that purpose well.

After living in Michigan for a while you get used to this approach being used on you. Luckily bowl records and UT's recent success against little 10 teams has made this easy to argue against.

They're saying that already.

However no other conference can lay claim to spreading national titles around like the SEC did from 2006-2012.

You'll probably never see that again, and until another conference comes close, all they can do is pound their chest over the SEC only having one legit national title contender for the time being.

Mark Thompson tweeted that UF is going to "beat the brakes off of Michigan."

At least they're confident ha.

I don't think they should underestimate Michigan. Both have recruited well. I don't know which of these players are no longer on the team, but here are the past five years rankings for both.

2013:
UF - #3
UM - #4

2014:
UF - #9
UM - #20

2015:
UF - #21
UM - #37 (only 14 players taken)

2016:
UF - #12
UM - #8

2017:
UF - #11
UM - #5

An interesting trend in comparing the two actually. Both seemingly rise and fall around the same time in rankings, and UM is doing better these past couple cycles. The point being, both are top 25 teams in terms of talent recruited alone. Coaching will decide this one.

They're saying that already.

However no other conference can lay claim to spreading national titles around like the SEC did from 2006-2012.

You'll probably never see that again, and until another conference comes close, all they can do is pound their chest over the SEC only having one legit national title contender for the time being.

No way that'll happen again.

Can you imagine Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, and another Big 10 team (who would it even be - Wisconsin perhaps) winning every national title between them from 2017 - 2023?

VN Store

Back