Gary Kreis

No personal stories of Mr. Kreis, just wish him and his family comfort. When that evil crap gets in your brain, even the strongest and bravest fade.

If memory serves me correctly, he caught the touchdown that allowed us to tie UGA in 1968 in the first game on Tartan Turf on Neyland.

GBO and God bless

Reactions: 1 person
I remember the same thing.
.....and Ken Delong caught the 2 point conversion to tie. What I remember about the game was that it was on the same day that Denny McLain won his 30th game for the Detroit Tigers, Jake Scott ran a punt back for Georgia 90 yards, Steve Kiner made a tackle for a safety, some Georgia running back had an 80 yard TD run, and the tying TD and 2 pt. conversion came at the end of the game on the North end of the field next to the Hill.

Lord,
One of Your children is suffering right now and things do not look real good. Lord we do not always understand Your ways, but we know that you have to power to ease all pain and provide the comfort that will help this man and his loved ones get through this terrible time. We pray for your mercy - Amen

^Amen!

Gary Kreis a former university of Tennessee wide receiver who played at Oliver Springs high school and was a long time coach at Coalfield High school is under hospice care with brain cancer. Please send prayers and thoughts for highpockets and his family.

Great guy. will truly be missed

I have never met anyone who had 1 bad thing to say about coach Kreis. He was a great coach and even better man.

Yes he is/was. Even if I couldn't make all of Greenback's games in a season back then, I always made sure I made the Coalfield game. That was always one of those slobber knocker games.

I hate cancer.

Their is a Facebook page dedicated to Gary Kreis called prayers for coach Kreis. Has some great stories and videos.

.....and Ken Delong caught the 2 point conversion to tie. What I remember about the game was that it was on the same day that Denny McLain won his 30th game for the Detroit Tigers, Jake Scott ran a punt back for Georgia 90 yards, Steve Kiner made a tackle for a safety, some Georgia running back had an 80 yard TD run, and the tying TD and 2 pt. conversion came at the end of the game on the North end of the field next to the Hill.

Dang, I was at the same game and I don't remember a fourth of whatever 1972 grad remembers. Maybe I can blame Mr. Beam (Jim). :eek:lol:

So very sorry to hear this. My prayers go out for his family. May he rest in the peace of Gods love.

God speed Gary Kreis, thank you for all the memories and your contribution to Tennessee football, prayers to family and friends.
Go Vols

....and I watched the entire game in the bar of the Grand Hotel, Point Clear, Alabama. Seems like yesterday.

VN Store

Back