Games of interest to UT BB fans

Just keeping it alive. We should all support small college ball. Lots of fun.
Obviously someone is reading my meandering.
I could be like SD and start a new thread on every game or LMU observation.......lol (not going there)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wow how in the world did Oakland beat Clemson? I turned it off when they were down 20...they ended up winning by 5...heckuva comeback

Pull for the Splitters tonight. Game can be watched via streaming on the LMU basketball website. The semis will be on CBSSN and the Finals on CBS. Hope to see LMU in both.

The dream ends with a 79-67 defeat to NWMo. St. State turned the ball over only 2 times and committed only 10 fouls while playing a smothering defense. Their Div. 2 player of the year (Justin Pitts) scored 30. If they go on to win the NC against Fairmont St. on Sat. It will be the first time in Div. 2 for a school to win the NC in both football and BB in the same year.
Great year for LMU despite being unexpected to go this far and being depleted by injury. I'm looking forward to the move to Div. 1.

http://www.lmurailsplitters.com/new...ilsplitters-79-67-in-national-semifinals.aspx

Last edited:
No mention of the KY. loss today? The Cat fans around here are whining mightily about the officiating. I watched the game and saw maybe a couple questionable calls but nothing really egregious. It amazes me how Ky. always has someone that can hit a big three with time running out to tie or put them up. Gal I was watching it with was saying Ky. was done when down 5 with about a min. to go. I said UH UH just watch. When Carolina hit the game winner I told her "miracles do happen".

LMU update: Ran into Coach Schertz last night. He said the ball is in the Atlantic Sun conf. Court on a vote for LMU to be admitted. LMU got a verbal from Anderson Keller a 6'5" 220 pound forward out of Carolina. He can score from all three levels . 3 point, midrange and under the gasket. His video highlights can be found on Verbal Commits page. Also recruiting a 6'8" big out of Al. Who was 2A Mr. BB. Coach said he's a big scorer and will be LMUs best big ever by his junior year. Plus they are looking for W. Libertys guard to transfer to them possibly. Visiting Monday and was a 14.5 ppg scorer with 5 assists a game this past year. He also said they are recruiting two more studs from Ga. and Al. (I believe that's where they are from. Coach really gave me a lot of info.) He was very nice to spend time talking to me. Very impressed.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back