GAMEDAY CENTRAL: #6/7 UT vs. #8/9 UK

Bpc, u woulda been proud of me at TBA yesterday. I didn't ***** slap or flip anybody off. Lord knows I wanted to though.

This whole game was officiated just like the first half of last years SEC tourney game. The difference was the officials started calling the fouls on UK in that game instead of letting them mug the players in the 2nd half. The Lady Vols beat the crap out of them when UK finally figured out they had to play by the rules. I honestly believe that the commisioner or someone talked to the officials last year at half time and told them they better start calling the game as it should be called. They were afraid someone was going to be seriously hurt. The officiating in the second half was completely different and Mitchell finally had to make his team play basketball instead of the crap they had been doing. Somebody at the SEC needs to get a handle on this. Playing hard nosed defense is one thing, but this crap that UK does is not hard nosed defense. It's a shame they let this go on. I would say this about any team that plays this way. The only other team I've seen do it was Vandy a couple of times and it as nowhere near what UK does. I've lost a lot of respect for Mitchell in the last couple of years.

Here is a sequence I shot in Athens a few years ago. Parker made this basket and no foul was called. That's the only way some teams can compete.
TakeItToTheHole-1.jpg

This whole game was officiated just like the first half of last years SEC tourney game. The difference was the officials started calling the fouls on UK in that game instead of letting them mug the players in the 2nd half. The Lady Vols beat the crap out of them when UK finally figured out they had to play by the rules. I honestly believe that the commisioner or someone talked to the officials last year at half time and told them they better start calling the game as it should be called. They were afraid someone was going to be seriously hurt. The officiating in the second half was completely different and Mitchell finally had to make his team play basketball instead of the crap they had been doing. Somebody at the SEC needs to get a handle on this. Playing hard nosed defense is one thing, but this crap that UK does is not hard nosed defense. It's a shame they let this go on. I would say this about any team that plays this way. The only other team I've seen do it was Vandy a couple of times and it as nowhere near what UK does. I've lost a lot of respect for Mitchell in the last couple of years.
Very accurate assessment. I posted similar concerns earlier. I'll give Matheas credit. She is a quality player but this team cannot hang with top ten teams without those disgusting tactics. It's not tough defense or not anything resembling basketball. Just street thug ball taught by Mitchell and allowed by the so called officials. Case in point, Ky goes to middle Tn st where that's not tolerated and loses to a sub par team.

Very accurate assessment. I posted similar concerns earlier. I'll give Matheas credit. She is a quality player but this team cannot hang with top ten teams without those disgusting tactics. It's not tough defense or not anything resembling basketball. Just street thug ball taught by Mitchell and allowed by the so called officials. Case in point, Ky goes to middle Tn st where that's not tolerated and loses to a sub par team.

Blah Blah....Typical excuses. Man up and accept a loss. What, 1st loss in 40 sec games?

Anyway, Ebony Rowe was a key part for MdTnSt beating UK. Ironically, she played at my high school (in lex) and I knew her decently. Maybe she felt a little pissed that UK didn't recruit her hard? Idk...

You are right in that. For UT, it's no big deal. Would have been nice to win, but doesn't matter in the long run. But, this was a huge win for UK. No doubt about it.

You are right in that. For UT, it's no big deal. Would have been nice to win, but doesn't matter in the long run. But, this was a huge win for UK. No doubt about it.

Not like it's a huge upset. 9 vs a 6. Sure, there is a big gap between programs like UK and UCONN/UT. But hey, I saw this coming. Don't lie when you say it's no big deal. Every game counts (not for tourney) in it's own way.

Blah Blah....Typical excuses. Man up and accept a loss. What, 1st loss in 40 sec games?

Anyway, Ebony Rowe was a key part for MdTnSt beating UK. Ironically, she played at my high school (in lex) and I knew her decently. Maybe she felt a little pissed that UK didn't recruit her hard? Idk...
she must not of been pissed at the LVs. Lost by 40.

I didn't hear any excuses. This loss was no big deal in the long run. I just think it's a shame that a team has to stoop to these tactics to win. If the officials called the game the way it should be called, Kentucky would be a decent team but not a good team. So congrats on the win but the cats don't get my respect.

I didn't hear any excuses. This loss was no big deal in the long run. I just think it's a shame that a team has to stoop to these tactics to win. If the officials called the game the way it should be called, Kentucky would be a decent team but not a good team. So congrats on the win but the cats don't get my respect.

Excuses? Look up there^^

And KY not being great? True. They aren't an elite team. But they are good. They don't have the talent but they play a good schedule and have a great work ethic. Mathies carries the team.

The vols have my respect.

Excuses? Look up there^^

And KY not being great? True. They aren't an elite team. But they are good. They don't have the talent but they play a good schedule and have a great work ethic. Mathies carries the team.

The vols have my respect.
I didn't make any excuses. I wasn't referring to the officiating of just one game. I've watched a lot of UK games and the officials let this junk go on and on. We should have beaten UK no matter what the officials did. That's on us. Our poor play had more to do with this loss than what the cats were doing. Like I said, congrats on the win, but they won't get my respect until they play the game the way it should be played. The officials are failing to do their job and I'm puzzled why this is happening.

I didn't make any excuses. I wasn't referring to the officiating of just one game. I've watched a lot of UK games and the officials let this junk go on and on. We should have beaten UK no matter what the officials did. That's on us. Our poor play had more to do with this loss than what the cats were doing. Like I said, congrats on the win, but they won't get my respect until they play the game the way it should be played. The officials are failing to do their job and I'm puzzled why this is happening.

Yeah Yeah. We win once for a change and everyone starts b****ing.

The refs fault if anything. Play with the refs dont whine about it everytime (the players).

Not like it's a huge upset. 9 vs a 6. Sure, there is a big gap between programs like UK and UCONN/UT. But hey, I saw this coming. Don't lie when you say it's no big deal. Every game counts (not for tourney) in it's own way.

Please don't ever call me a liar. The LV's will be in the tourney again this year. UK's coach said this was a huge game for them. A few loses here and there at this time is no big deal. Would it have been great for me personally if UT had won. Of course.:hi:

Yeah Yeah. We win once for a change and everyone starts b****ing.

The refs fault if anything. Play with the refs dont whine about it everytime (the players).
Are you having a problem with reading comprehension? I've been calling out the Lady Cats style of play for at least two years. It has nothing to do with this loss. Your responses have degraded into the nanny nanny boo boo mental level. You don't want to recognize the situation for what it is because deep down you know what's been said is right and can't come up with anything better than we win one and people start b****ing. Please tell us this grand theory you guys are so privy to. I would love to hear this.........

Hope the theory is that officiating is not what it should be in the NCAA. I'm not talking about just this game or any team in particular. It's not nearly as good as it should be in all basketball and football. As someone, many probably, said earlier, UT had great opportunities to put this away and didn't. We had a few players that didn't show up much in the first half, Glory, for all she did, missed enough free throws to give us a win, connected on very few 3 balls, etc. I think we had 20 or so turnovers that cost us.

Please don't ever call me a liar. The LV's will be in the tourney again this year. UK's coach said this was a huge game for them. A few loses here and there at this time is no big deal. Would it have been great for me personally if UT had won. Of course.:hi:

I thought it was a good game. Personally, UT shoulda won...refs or not.

Are you having a problem with reading comprehension? I've been calling out the Lady Cats style of play for at least two years. It has nothing to do with this loss. Your responses have degraded into the nanny nanny boo boo mental level. You don't want to recognize the situation for what it is because deep down you know what's been said is right and can't come up with anything better than we win one and people start b****ing. Please tell us this grand theory you guys are so privy to. I would love to hear this.........

The "nanny nanny boo boo mental level" was starting when people b****ed about the refs. Don't like your own fan-bases medicine?

Trust me, I b**** when UK loses. But at the end of the day...I accept a loss (refs or not).

VN Store

Back