Game Thread WCWS Lady Vols vs Oklahoma

The Oklahoma pitcher pitches in the low 70's which gives batters a lot less time to decide whether to swing or not. She makes batters chase her riseball and her "cropduster" drop curve that she uses as her out-pitch. She's gonna be TOUGH.

But these ladies can do it. Gotta get timely hitting because they won't have many chances with Ricketts on the mound.

Thnx. Yeah, I knew she threw hard. Would be nice if she does work the strike zone more though. Because we swung at a lot of pitches out of the strike zone early. And kinda kept their pitcher i the game. Pretty sure she would have walked in 3 or 4 runs early, if we were being a little more selective.IMHO

But please dont get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining. They have played great all year. just an observation

We've been to the CWS six times in nine years. That's a helluva record, even if we haven't won the Big Taco yet. And alas, we are probably playing one of the best college softball teams ever this year, which would make it incredibly sweet it we could win it!

and get more hits! Those are my keys.

Seriously, we have gotten outstanding pitching in the CWS--excellent--and we need the Renfroes to keep sawing wood. One thing we must not do is walk people. That will get you beat more than anything. Look at yesterday. Texas lost a one-run game because their pitcher walked--what?--three UT hitters in one inning, plus hit a batter. I think we scored the winning run without a hit, didn't we? Also, we've got a good defense--another reason to stay around the zone.

Offensively, we may have to score more than we have in the last two games. When we get runners on, we will need to get some key hits.

UT has a very good team, and just needs to go out and play the same kind of solid game we've played all year. We've played a very formidable schedule, and that's why we've got a better chance to win than the pundits realize. This is a good team.

I would add "be aggressive at the plate, but selectively so." We got that last run because our hitters stopped chasing those rise balls which seemingly had "escape velocity" stamped on them. In the two games that she pitched yesterday, that Texas hurler threw nearly 300 pitches according to the broadcast team last night. She wound up with, I believe, 8 walks against us and I would argue that we could have gotten to her earlier if we had left those rise balls alone and worked every pitch count as deeply as possible.

All Tennessee needs is some fire to kill the ogre and it'll be a cakewalk for the Lady Vols.

22229467_BG1.jpg

We've been to the CWS six times in nine years. That's a helluva record, even if we haven't won the Big Taco yet. And alas, we are probably playing one of the best college softball teams ever this year, which would make it incredibly sweet it we could win it!

What's amazing is 5 of those times in the top 3.

To bad big game Bob isnt the coach for softball too ! Maybe if he just shows up to watch it will help.

I believe in these young women and that they can come out and get the job done against OK. Shock the softball world, ladies! Go Vols!

If we would have had any offence even remotely close to this years during Monica Abbott's tenure we would have two trophies already but also if frogs had wings... well you know, anyways if the Renfroes come out strong and play solid we have a good a shot as any to pull the upset. Go get girls GO VOLS!!!

The Oklahoma pitcher pitches in the low 70's which gives batters a lot less time to decide whether to swing or not. She makes batters chase her riseball and her "cropduster" drop curve that she uses as her out-pitch. She's gonna be TOUGH.

But these ladies can do it. Gotta get timely hitting because they won't have many chances with Ricketts on the mound.

The other problem is she hits home runs, and the girls around her do too. Lvs have to get elite pitching in this series. (along with timely hitting).

Just noticed for the first time that Keilani Ricketts has Kinesio Tape on her pitching shoulder. Will be something to keep an eye on...

Although, she looks strong so far.

Just noticed for the first time that Keilani Ricketts has Kinesio Tape on her pitching shoulder. Will be something to keep an eye on...

Although, she looks strong so far.

I always wondered what that tape was.

VN Store

Back