Game Thread: Tennessee Lady Vols (12-6, 5-1) @ Ole Miss (14-5, 4-2) ESPN 3:00PM EST 01-28-2024.

Let's say the coach starts Key and she get's into foul trouble who do you bring into replace her? Striplin wrong answer, Hollingshead wrong answer. No one
Anyone can get into foul trouble starting or coming off the bench. Point is we need to set the tone of the game from the opening tip. Not all teams to gain confidence.

I will vote for it! As I said in another post, when an AD or owner does not want to fire a struggling head coach, the first line of defense is a big shake-up of the assistants. I would not mind seeing how Kellie does with new blood around her.
Not going to matter Kellie is set in her ways what she wants in a player is not going to win you championships Sam can get the players I think coach is just to picky

I agree that the roster isn’t very good, but that is ultimately the fault of the head coach.
Yep you’re in an athletic heavy guard conference, and you go out and add slow un athletic players. The recruiting has been trash. If you think this year is bad wait till next year. I still don’t understand playing Tess, Sara, and Karo for long periods of time. They can’t handle the speed of the SEC.

Not going to matter Kellie is set in her ways what she wants in a player is not going to win you championships Sam can get the players I think coach is just to picky
She uses a lineup of Jackson, Key, Powell, Wynn, and Spear and beat’s Mississippi State, we have a chance of beating Ole Miss and Key and Wynn are on the bench. We have Tess trying to guard a player faster and quicker, meanwhile our rim protector, Key, is on the bench in favor of Striplin. That decision makes little sense.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Agree. I'm not against TK starting if she's physically able, but I don't think it makes that much difference whether she starts or comes in on the first shift change. Also, sadly, it wouldn't have helped yesterday bc it was not a game TK was going to be successful in. Hopefully she'll get back on the upturn, but yesterday was as bad as her early season games.
The less shes needed early in the game the better.

She uses a lineup of Jackson, Key, Powell, Wynn, and Spear and beat’s Mississippi State, we have a chance of beating Ole Miss and Key and Wynn are on the bench. We have Tess trying to guard a player faster and quicker, meanwhile our rim protector, Key, is on the bench in favor of Striplin. That decision makes little sense.
Disagree about TK. Wasn't able to be effective at all. I did think Wynn should have played more since JP struggled, esp on D.

Disagree about TK. Wasn't able to be effective at all. I did think Wynn should have played more since JP struggled, esp on D.
You can disagree with that but two years ago when TK was starting and our guards were able to be more aggressive on the perimeter because they knew she was behind them, we held teams for 31% shooting. Our perimeter defense didn't have anybody quicker out there 2 years ago than we have now. With how this defense has been playing it wouldn't be a bad experiment to try considering Tamari is a three-year starter in that position.

You can disagree with that but two years ago when TK was starting and our guards were able to be more aggressive on the perimeter because they knew she was behind them, we held teams for 31% shooting. Our perimeter defense didn't have anybody quicker out there 2 years ago than we have now. With how this defense has been playing it wouldn't be a bad experiment to try considering Tamari is a three-year starter in that position.
We had Jordan Horston, Rae Burrell and Jordan Walker out there on the perimeter…

We had Jordan Horston, Rae Burrell and Jordan Walker out there on the perimeter…
This is not the Tamari from 2 years ago. Karo tries but she.doesnt have the size. I'm not sure where we are with Jillian. Ole Miss is a tournament team and we are on the bubble..Nobody likes it but that's where we are.

Reactions: travis929
This is not the Tamari from 2 years ago. Karo tries but she.doesnt have the size. I'm not sure where we are with Jillian. Ole Miss is a tournament team and we are on the bubble..Nobody likes it but that's where we are.
Jill needs to decide if she wants to play basketball...

Reactions: UT Challenger
I’m upset about the loss but gotta look to the next game but what’s up with Jill is she scared because of the injury over the summer or just a slump…we missed chippies but they gotta toughen up and handle business March madness is right around the corner and we need wins to get in

Attachments

• IMG_1070.png
    IMG_1070.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’m upset about the loss but gotta look to the next game but what’s up with Jill is she scared because of the injury over the summer or just a slump…we missed chippies but they gotta toughen up and handle business March madness is right around the corner and we need wins to get in
I’m perhaps most worried about Jill because she shows glimpses of excellence, but then has these slumps that seem to be driven by her confidence and/or mental health. Just hope she’s okay.

I’m perhaps most worried about Jill because she shows glimpses of excellence, but then has these slumps that seem to be driven by her confidence and/or mental health. Just hope she’s okay.

She is last years Puckett.

Puckett's lapse was all about confidence,,,,Jill's is all about the way she's being used and the lack of playing time

Jill is a 4 star ball-handling forward. She averages 20 minutes a game and averages 1 turnover a game.

Yet, instead of being used for her strengths, she is used, out of her natural position, to rest two other players. She is a 6'4" stretch-forward playing backup to a 6'2" center/forward (Karo) and a 6'6" post who can not play extended minutes....Where wold youall's confidence be if you were in such a position.

Puckett's lapse was all about confidence,,,,Jill's is all about the way she's being used and the lack of playing time

Jill is a 4 star ball-handling forward. She averages 20 minutes a game and averages 1 turnover a game.

Yet, instead of being used for her strengths, she is used, out of her natural position, to rest two other players. She is a 6'4" stretch-forward playing backup to a 6'2" center/forward (Karo) and a 6'6" post who can not play extended minutes....Where wold youall's confidence be if you were in such a position.
Same result just different paths. Mental between the ears and diminishes with each mistake/miss.

Same result just different paths. Mental between the ears and diminishes with each mistake/miss.
those mental mistake are from lack of confidence from both herself and the staff,,having to play out of position and from lack of extended time on the court. Presently she is only used to rest other players and to see if she can spark...this is radically different from Sara, who simply mentally gets in her own way,,,Sara gets plenty of extended minutes, whether she is performing well or not,,,Jill's minutes are absolutely based on contributions at that moment,,,,BIG difference

Reactions: brittannica
those mental mistake are from lack of confidence from both herself and the staff,,having to play out of position and from lack of extended time on the court. Presently she is only used to rest other players and to see if she can spark...this is radically different from Sara, who simply mentally gets in her own way,,,Sara gets plenty of extended minutes, whether she is performing well or not,,,Jill's minutes are absolutely based on contributions at that moment,,,,BIG difference
Or position difference. Puckett playing last year extended mins was of lack of depth and scorers at her position. The portal addressed that for this year

Last edited:

VN Store

Back