Game Thread: Tennessee (17-11, 10-6 SEC) 5 Seed vs Kentucky (12-19, 4-12 SEC) 12 Seed --- 3/7/24 approx 2:15 pm ET (SEC Network)

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member

MORE INFO​

GAMEDAY TIMES & BROADCAST INFO​

"Tennessee is scheduled to play the second game on Thursday at approximately 2:15 p.m. ET, following the noon contest between No. 8 Mississippi State and No. 9 Texas A&M. The Lady Vols will face No 12 seed Kentucky (12-19, 4-12 SEC), which defeated No. 13 seed Georgia (12-19, 3-13 SEC) in Wednesday first-round action, 64-50.

UT is 1-0 vs. UK this season, handling the Wildcats, 87-69, in Knoxville on Jan. 7.

The Lady Vols are 8-3 vs. the Wildcats in previous SEC Tournaments, including a victory a year ago in Greenville. Tennessee defeated UK, 80-71, on March, 3, 2023, in the quarterfinal round."

Here we go...

While I’m still bummed we didn’t get the double-bye, I’m glad we play earlier games next year. We were a 3 seed the last three years, which meant starting/playing the very last Friday game, and playing the second Saturday game.

Whatever happens this weekend will happen early! Please take care of business today, Lady Vols.

TENNESSEE 75-60 Will be a nice warm up game. I would say over 80 points but Kellie will play a lot of players today. Rickea Jackson should play no more then 20 minutes. Keep them fresh for Alabama. As always go Lady Vol's.

But we may need a huge blowout to appease the NET rating gods for our NCAAT seeding ???

I suspect TN comes out ready to go from tip. Tamari and Jackson have solid games, while Hollingshead, Powell, Spear and Puckett contribute. I suspect Striplin knocks down some shots and Wynn gets some defensive stops. Go Lady Vols!

TN: 83
KY: 59

Need Duke to lose and we win big. That would probably get us off that 8 seed until we play Bama. Win that one were probably at least a seven if Duke loses. Also Michigan State needs to lose. Ole Miss and West Virginia are probably solid 7 seeds.

Reactions: travis929
Hope were ready Louisville just got taken to the final minute by a league bottom feeder. Sometimes those teams can give you fits. Kentucky has been able to rise up and play some solid games late in the season. I expect we win may be closer than we would like. Could also go the other way and we win by a lot if we don't get 17 behind like we did at home when we played them the first time.

If Tamari stays out of foul trouble, we win by double digits.

If she gets in early foul trouble, I think it’ll be tight till the 4th Q. Gonna need a solid defensive/rebounding effort from Jill.

TENNESSEE 75-60 Will be a nice warm up game. I would say over 80 points but Kellie will play a lot of players today. Rickea Jackson should play no more than 20 minutes. Keep them fresh for Alabama. As always go Lady Vol's.
I think RJ would prefer to play close to 30 minutes, that would not be too much. But one step at a time, secure the win first.

The big reason to hope for a blowout is to conserve minutes for the starters as much as possible. I would love to see Rickea only need to play 22 to 25 minutes today and that goes for the rest of the starters as well. Would be great to see Ace and Edie get 15 today if we can get that kind of lead.

Cassidy Roe and Emma King are leading scorers right now. They are like 1/2 step up from Edie Darby....

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back