Game Thread Lady Vols vs. Texas

We need to pull away from them for good, can't allow them to keep hanging around this close to the game.

I'm glad we won this game it wasn't the best we can play but Texas couldn't make an outside shot so it all evened out.

TN wins by 14 but it was too close for too long. I know one thing.....I love Harrison, she gives it her all. Izzy had 18 points today.

IMVHO, all of you Simmon bashers can GSTH(go straight to HELL). She is a VFL, a great representative for UT and gives the UCONS someone to hone their drivel on. LIFE is good in ORANGE.

Reactions: 2 people
Rare for a team to go undefeated through the season and this was one game that I thought they may slip up on. Coming back from fun in the sun and taking finals on their minds. Some of the recent teams would have lost this game but this bunch hung in there on an off day and prevailed. We were fortunate that Texas has some folks have an off day as well. Put it in the win column and move on. This was a good win.

Reactions: 2 people
I see that DaddyChoc has joined the conversation - welcome.

While the LV's point guard is having an extremely good year it is comforting that the team has two competent replacements playing so well. Frankly there is not a drop-off from one through nine and with more opportunity #10. As HW stated close games require making layups and free throws.

and even evidence of improved dribble-drives from our guards. good win

This was a good win. Texas is a good team. They beat TAM. It seemed clear to me they have good talent at every position. They are especially big inside and we were the first team this year to out rebound them. They are a little inconsistent and rough around the edges, but they definitely have talent and the ability to beat some good teams if they are on their game. Fortunately, we held Fussell to limited numbers - especially on the perimeter.

Even though we only have one "ranked" win so far, I still consider MTSU, Georgia Tech, and Texas quality wins. Plus, I don't think Chattanooga or Virginia were pushovers. Three of our next four games should be pretty easy. They would be monumental upsets. Hopefully we take care of business before a marquee match-up on the road against Stanford.

they did look "rusty" after a week off and they don't play again till next Saturday

I hate DirecTv! The games are televised but I can't view them...ugh I would love to watch the game today. Let's go ladies! Hope Graves is ok

i watched some of the game on Direct TV,where are you located at ? that might have something to do with it

If this team is going to the final four they must value possessions a lot more. To much quick shooting and still a lot of bad shots and bad unforced turnovers. We keep saying we need to get better time to start. We have to value the ball and the best shooters need more shots. Example Carter is averaging 1.84 points per shot attempt Simmons 1.04 and Simmons has taken four times as many shots.

I really don't like to encourage any player to shoot less but I wish Simmons would consider some of the shots she takes. I wish Carter would stop being hesitant about taking shots.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back