Game Thread Lady Vols vs Texas A&M

It would help if they ran some plays to get her better looks at the three and not just let her automatically launch them from 30 feet in.

I don't think I've ever seen Tennessee actually run a play for a three point shooter. It's either drive and kick out or pass out of the post when a double team comes. With Alexa or Kortney in the game, they should be running them off screens everytime they move.

The problem is that KD is so immobile on the court. We can contrast her to Alexa, who reminds me of Zolman, in her willingness to run around the perimeter until she finds an open spot.

Dunbar tends to camp in one place and wait for the defense to forget about her.

Reactions: 1 person
The problem is that KD is so immobile on the court. We can contrast her to Alexa, who reminds me of Zolman, in her willingness to run around the perimeter until she finds an open spot.

Dunbar tends to camp in one place and wait for the defense to forget about her.

Also true,
she hasn't been taught to look move to an open space, opting to catch the defense sleeping on her...Trouble is, the defense knows her purpose and doesn't leave her open when she IS in there....Which, by proxy, is keeping at least ONE defender watching her instead of the ball.

It would help if they ran some plays to get her better looks at the three and not just let her automatically launch them from 30 feet in.

I don't think I've ever seen Tennessee actually run a play for a three point shooter. It's either drive and kick out or pass out of the post when a double team comes. With Alexa or Kortney in the game, they should be running them off screens everytime they move.

Actually agree with you. Spot on.

Re Kortney.

I have been judging talent for a long time. Kortney is very strong and very determined and a very decent ball-handler, a good passer. Her dribble-to-shot speed has decreased dramatically and she is trying to develop the curl-to the elbow spot-up too...(That is why I watch the warmups so intently. I can see the level of skill for a drill for any player.,,,Watch her in warmups, as I do. She has a lot more to give than what is being asked of her.)

She can handle the ball ... With her strength, passing ability and BH ability. Heck, I could run an effective hi-post offense through KD as a Point-Forward (Ala Karl Malone or Bill Laimbeer) facing out at the elbow. With Cedes low, DD at the opposite elbow extended and any combination of the other players.

VN Store

Back