Game Thread Lady Vols vs Syracuse

Aren't the Day girls the ones committed to UNC that the coach ran off so DD & crew could sign? They will be ready to battle I betccha... :)

Reactions: 1 person
Aren't the Day girls the ones committed to UNC that the coach ran off so DD & crew could sign? They will be ready to battle I betccha... :)

I believe so! Should be interesting! Can't blame her though! The other girls decided to go there because of Diamond so they should be mad at UNC lol

Tennessee starting line-up announced:

Cooper, Carter, Graves, Dunbar, Russell

Syracuse will start a three guard , one forward, once center: 5'7, 5'11, 5'9, 6'0, 6'4

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee starting line-up announced:

Cooper, Carter, Graves, Dunbar, Russell

Syracuse will start a three guard , one forward, once center: 5'7, 5'11, 5'9, 6'0, 6'4

Cooper, Carter, Dunbar starting against 3 guards? Dunbar better be hitting her shots if she wants to stay on the floor.

Reactions: 4 people
DD not starting not good.. :eek:hmy:

I think Diamond not starting is probably Diamond wanting to see what they are doing first defensively so that she can know where to attack. She will be the first off the bench along with Reynolds to replace Carter and Dunbar (unless Russell or Graves get in early foul trouble)

Holly need to stop assuming players won't guard or can't guard, you have to give them a shot, but she knew it was going to be a close game so an easy basket, could cost the lady vols the game.

You ride with those players you have the most confidence in, and in that game it was Reynolds, Cooper, Diamond, Graves and Russell. I personally don't mind Reynolds defendin at the 3, Diamond defends best player, will help her get into shape too.

Penn State was a solid team. They will win some games. I liked our ladies resolved this early in the season. We need consistency on both ends of the floor, and right now. Its still a hit and miss, Russell has been steady, everyone else hmmmm...

Lady Vols B Ball every night.

I think Diamonds trouble the other night was the shoes she had on. Did anyone else notice them? They were Carolina blue.

We need a repeat performance of Wednesday!

Are you talking about the home game against 77th-ranked Penn State who was playing without their best player? The game where we squeaked out a single digit victory? We definitely do not need a repeat of that performance if we ever expect to compete with the elite teams in WCBB like Notre Dame and UConn!

Reactions: 1 person
I hope Holly will let the starting players at least play most of the 1st quarter instead of immediately making mass subs within a few minutes of the start of the game like she did against Penn St. I thought the starters didn't get a chance to get a good rhythm going. Although I would like to see Deshields get in there as soon as possible.

I noticed that Holly has a lot of trust in Cooper and I think she will be our starting PG going forward. To have a freshman in when the game is on the line shows me that Holly can count on Cooper to make plays and she does..Love her game

I think the Ladies play much better tonight, but I'm going to temper my expectations and go with a prediction of 72-62..Syracuse and their zone will keep the pace slow and the score low

I hope Holly will let the starting players at least play most of the 1st quarter instead of immediately making mass subs within a few minutes of the start of the game like she did against Penn St. I thought the starters didn't get a chance to get a good rhythm going. Although I would like to see Deshields get in there as soon as possible.

I noticed that Holly has a lot of trust in Cooper and I think she will be our starting PG going forward. To have a freshman in when the game is on the line shows me that Holly can count on Cooper to make plays and she does..Love her game

I think the Ladies play much better tonight, but I'm going to temper my expectations and go with a prediction of 72-62..Syracuse and their zone will keep the pace slow and the score low

This could easily be a trap game. There can be upsets with teams that lack the stars but are well coached. In fact Oklahoma was beaten by North Texas State which is not even close to Syracuse, of course Tennessee is better than Oklahoma. Might be one of those nervous games for fans.

VN Store

Back