Game Thread Lady Vols vs South Carolina

This is the type of game where Russell is easily intimidated. The matchup with her and Coates will be key. The main reason UConn won so easily is because Coates was a non factor. They can really throw the bigs at us and we only have Russell. How we rebound both defensively and offensively will determine if we can stay in this game.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the type of game where Russell is easily intimidated. The matchup with her and Coates will be key. The main reason UConn won so easily is because Coates was a non factor. They can really throw the bigs at us and we only have Russell. How we rebound both defensively and offensively will determine if we can stay in this game.

I agree! Coates is not a skilled offensive player. If Russell can keep her from shooting layups and rebound coates becomes a non factor.

I wonder if one way to toughen up our bigs is to not practice with those pads--let them go up against REAL bodies TRYING to get the ball away.

I think we match up fairly well. I think if holly throws them a few different defensive looks throughout the game to keep the from finding a rhythm we will be ok. I like a Nared/Graves on Wilson, Russell on Coates, Cooper/diamond on Mitchell, Carter on Sessions, and Reynolds on Roy.

You had me at match up well. You lost me with Holly actually coaching.

This game will be a real embarrassment. Any thoughts of the prior LV legacy will be long gone by half time.

What Pat built over 30 years, Holly destroyed in less than 3 years.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we match up fairly well. I think if holly throws them a few different defensive looks throughout the game to keep the from finding a rhythm we will be ok. I like a Nared/Graves on Wilson, Russell on Coates, Cooper/diamond on Mitchell, Carter on Sessions, and Reynolds on Roy.

If Graves can`t hit the mid range shots she will be a non factor.

It doesn't look good but maybe the team will play well and shock some people. People are doubting USC bc of their ugly loss to UConn. But this UT team and UConn are on totally different levels. UConn's guard pressure prevents post passes. They made Coates ineffective and Wilson battled injury.

I have never seen Holly totally disrupt a team's offensive identity. But there's a first time for everything. Go Lady Vols!

Perimeter defense by our guards is another of the many problems we've had. Carter works at it, but our guards in recent years have, by and large, been a bit lazy defensively.

I'm like some of ya'll about Dunbar not playing,it looks like the only way she gets any playing time,is if there in a Zone Defense,so she must be bad at man to man Defense

that is just a guess on my part :)

Coates is going to eat Russell alive....then when Russell needs a break who is going to be brought in Moore??? Oh man....not looking good guys not looking good

Reactions: 2 people
it will be according as to which team shows up for the Lady Vols,the one with all the turn overs or the one that keeps em down and hits some 3's,that will decide if they win or not

Is Jasmine Jones hurt? Why doesn't she play and what's with Dunbar only getting a few minutes a game? She's definitely better than Nia. I love Holly but some of her moves perplex me.

she hasn't been back since her concussion stlvolsfan,at a guess I assume she won't be back this year

I'm like some of ya'll about Dunbar not playing,it looks like the only way she gets any playing time,is if there in a Zone Defense,so she must be bad at man to man Defense

that is just a guess on my part :)

we'll probably never find out the answer till holly is fired...:eek:lol:

Remember when Dawn took up for Holly in that tweet a few weeks ago....I doubt she will feel sorry for Holly come Monday

The only thing I believe SC has over us is bigs they are really deep with big bodies. Besides Mitchell their guards are nothing to rave about Sessions is decent when she wants to be Roy jacks up three's and Cuevas omg she is too wild and blind on the court.. I need for Jordan Reynolds from TAMU game to show up bottom line Te'a Diamond and Mercedes need to ball like no others all bs aside it's time to play ball... I really pumped about this game.. I want Tenn to win soooooooo bad

VN Store

Back