Game Thread Lady Vols vs Penn State

Mitchell for PSU with 3 fouls. We can't guard her, so let's get some fouls on her. We can't shoot free throws either.

Reactions: 1 person
That was a terrible call on DeShields. Officials have no idea what they're doing half the time.

Unsurprisingly, we look ragged. It is to be expected, I suppose, given that DeShields and Jones are playing their first game in a year. Still, we look clueless against the zone; the usual turnover problem.

Reactions: 3 people
Frankly, the LV's are lucky to be leading at the qtr. The defensive intensity has picked up and I hope eventually wears down PSU.

Jones still haven't learned how not to walk when she gets the ball. Te'a needs to be the starting PG every game.

Did we play penn state in Ncaa tournament within last couple of years? I'm thinking of a NE team who had a guard that had a monster game against us. Who was that? We beat them but it was somewhat close

Pittsburgh!!!

Google is your friend!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, but Jones is such an offensive liability. She constantly turns the ball over. I NEVER feel good when she's in the game - always feel nervous.

Jones should be playing closer to the basket. She cannot play on the perimeter because she throws the ball away too much--as she has for three years. You need to move the ball more quickly against a zone; we stand and look too much. As Warlick noticed, we are not moving.

Reactions: 2 people
Jone's ball handling just never gets any better.

And you could replace the refs with a machine that randomly blows a whistle on one team or the other and you would never know the difference.

Mitchell is back in unbelievable with three fouls. Let's get her four fouls. Tennessee looks really rough. I'm very surprised by this

VN Store

Back