Game Thread Lady Vols vs Kentucky

Didn't I notice Nunn and Russell both in the game at the same time some? They could both learn from each other, and perhaps become even better than individually. I'm wondering what those of you who know more think about the pluses and minuses of this?

They started the first couple of games of the season together.

If Nared keeps improving she will be tough next year.

The one thing about her game i like but yet it frustrates the hell out of me sometimes. She tries to take over a game even though consistently she isnt quite there. I honestly think if she had better coaching she would be a nitemare to defend.

Reactions: 1 person
The one thing about her game i like but yet it frustrates the hell out of me sometimes. She tries to take over a game even though consistently she isnt quite there. I honestly think if she had better coaching she would be a nitemare to defend.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.
She does a power-drive layup and flips the ball instead of full extension on the release. Shoots from below the temple. She could easily be in DD's class if she was taught as good as DD.

Nared is playing well but needs to polish her mid-range game---shooting jumpers from 10-16 feet. But she contributing significantly--as she should, she is very athletic for her size--and she still has upside to her game. If she and DD were playing for Geno, they'd be an unstoppable combo. For us, they are good sometimes and inconsistent. Just the way it is in Vol Land.

If Nared keeps improving she will be tough next year.

Nared is playing the best basketball of her career now, shooting 45% from the field for the season. She is gonna be a tough matchup at the four spot for most teams.

Why not this year? ijs

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't I notice Nunn and Russell both in the game at the same time some? They could both learn from each other, and perhaps become even better than individually. I'm wondering what those of you who know more think about the pluses and minuses of this?

Well, if one of the guards are strugglin, Nunn can help its move Nared to the 3, DD 2, Reynolds, Meme, or Middleton to the 1.

If we play a team with size, we have a body to bang in the post, I would rather have Mercedes at the high post if they both are in the game, Nunn is coming along nicely, so far she has been efficient in her minutes.

So, if she is in the game its been good for the Lady Vols. Her movement on offense is still ugh, her and Mercedes have to learn how to work together in the paint, a few more back screens, cross screens, and more physical picks, just more activity in the paint by both, and I like that fact she rebounds out of position.

Nunn has been a plus!

Russell needs as many minutes as possible. Nunn need increase minutes, I agree but not at the expense of Nared and Russell, who are both are playing at All SEC level at the four and five spot.

If Russell play a more physical game, Nunn would be in the game, I hate seeing a big with zero fouls, that means the rim is open, wide open. Nunn minutes will increase its still a long season.

You can chalk this win up to the fact that I was in the arena, along with the beautiful Smallvoll1 and also Coach Jumper. Our expert analysis and critical thinking and referee cussing (okay, that was just me) enabled the girls to withstand all that the Mildcats could throw at them. The crowd itself was very very reserved imho. I've seen wakes with more excitement. :)

I found myself watching the ever widening bald spot on Coach Matthews head more than a few times. that poor boy needs a Hair Club for Men membership.

Very grateful to Smallvol and her hubby for allowing us to sit with them closer to the action than the upper deck ticket that we bought. That was quite a treat.

Sitting next to CoachJ is also very insightful. He really does know what he is seeing on the court and points out things that I'd have missed. You could learn a lot of bball with him.

My sis, my cousin and I enjoyed the game, the fellowship and a great meal at Calhouns on the way back from the game. Now if it would just stop raining and warm the heck up a little. ;)

And TBA is still standing after getting hit with a gule/CoachJ double punch!

As to reffing...typical NCAAWBB officiating, just looks worse up close and personal than on TV...and it looks plenty bad on TV. You're just dissing Matthew because now that you've personally seen him in action....'nuff said. Don't need to be mean. CoachJ...what can I say, to know him is to love him:salute:.

Come sit with us any time; we enjoyed having you there and were glad your sis and cousin got to come. Tell wifey we really appreciate her sharing you with us.

One 'small' problem...you took my white hat when you left:sad:.

It is rare when I can sit a whole game with someone and be convinced they know something about this game at the end of the sitting. Gule knows basketball. And what a really good guy to boot.

Gule, you made the game interesting and fun, thank you too.

smallvol. . . A woman who cares about what she looks like, loves basketball and is friendly and sweet. What a catch. Tom is a lucky man.

:blush: thanks.
(I'm making TO read your post:wink:).

i just watched the replay a couple of hours ago

another solid performance by the Lady Vols

keep up the work Lady's :good!:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back