Game Thread Lady Vols vs Kentucky

I think Texas A&M will win the conference SC will lose at least two more games in conference. I think Texas A&M could run the table.

Since Stallworth came back Kentucky does have four five star players starting. We still should be able to beat them at home.

I don't really hold this loss against the team. That was the refs all the way. I am not sure why I even bother to watch women's basketball anymore. It is so rigged it is pitiful. It is like professional wrestling.

For UT to win they have to be about ten points better than the other team to make up for the officiating. Even my wife who isn't a fan came in and told me we were getting jobbed. As much a Holly gets ragged on her biggest weakness is she lays down and takes whatever the refs want to do to her.

On the final play Stallworth shoved Izzy twice and then grabbed her arm while the ball was in the air. Holly did not say a word. The players have to hate how weak she is. She needs to have her players backs more.

For all the praise she gets Harrison turns the ball over way too much, and misses way too many free throws. The Vandy game clearly was an aboration. Nobody wanted to play D either.

Last edited:
Lots of mental weakness in this game. Burdick a total no show

JMO but both Burdick and Mercedes has disappointed me this year. I do think Mercedes will work on her strength and quickness over the off-season and have a greater impact next year.

I'm just a bit frustrated with the coaching of the team this year. We have good players and should be a top 5 team and clearly have a better team than Ky. but lose at home for the first time against them. Reminds me of when Dooley coached away our 27 game winning streak against KY in football. #turrible.

Reactions: 1 person
We could have held on to that one point lead and win but then Simmons had a bad pass that led to an O'neill layup on the other end, Carter should have been handling the ball then no Simmons it was too late in the game to make such a bad decision. i could go back to all those missed layups that should have been an 1's and missed free throws too.

Pretty obvious neither men's nor women's basketball team is worth much at all AGAIN this year. On to spring sports. Any idea if we have a good baseball or softball team this year?

Once again,we see the lack of basketball IQ from these LV's and coaches.Turnovers and free throw shooting doomed our girls.Poor officiating aside,if the girls don't commit so many turnovers(twenty at least),and hit foul shots,they win easily.This was a complete regression to early season games,with Burdick playing poorly(and for forty minutes) and Simmons trying to do too much.When your post players are scoring at will,you must go inside with the ball.It did not happen enough.Another case of a lead in the game,and three consecutive turnovers to lose.Then with a chance to tie,another turnover.Not enough fortitude to execute at the end.This team has no leader or go to player for situations like that.One more blasé performance.

Softball 9 and 0 to start the season. The Vols just won 3 to 0 over Purdue first game of season.

JMO but both Burdick and Mercedes has disappointed me this year. I do think Mercedes will work on her strength and quickness over the off-season and have a greater impact next year.

I'm just a bit frustrated with the coaching of the team this year. We have good players and should be a top 5 team and clearly have a better team than Ky. but lose at home for the first time against them. Reminds me of when Dooley coached away our 27 game winning streak against KY in football. #turrible.

I've said it with politics, businesses (i.e. the ChickFilA dust up) and it applies to sports as well. We are consumers of this product. If we no longer consume, it forces change. Maybe the change is immediate maybe it isn't--but it comes. If you dislike the trajectory of both the mens and womens programs don't read, don't watch, don't attend--don't invest financially or with your time.

The changing of the guard is probably happening right now in the SEC...and its not Kentucky. Dawn Staley and South Carolina look like the future to me.

I've said it with politics, businesses (i.e. the ChickFilA dust up) and it applies to sports as well. We are consumers of this product. If we no longer consume, it forces change. Maybe the change is immediate maybe it isn't--but it comes. If you dislike the trajectory of both the mens and womens programs don't read, don't watch, don't attend--don't invest financially or with your time.

The changing of the guard is probably happening right now in the SEC...and its not Kentucky. Dawn Staley and South Carolina look like the future to me.

So who do you boycott if you don't like the officiating?

Typical loss. Simmons doesn't play well under pressure. Two forced shots and a forced pass later, a lead turns into a deficit. Then holly draws up a crappy play...loss. How can the play be to pass it to a big with her back to the basket 16 feet away with 5 seconds on the clock. Brilliant. I know she fumbled the ball but that was a bad situation to begin with. :crazy:

Once again,we see the lack of basketball IQ from these LV's and coaches.Turnovers and free throw shooting doomed our girls.Poor officiating aside,if the girls don't commit so many turnovers(twenty at least),and hit foul shots,they win easily.This was a complete regression to early season games,with Burdick playing poorly(and for forty minutes) and Simmons trying to do too much.When your post players are scoring at will,you must go inside with the ball.It did not happen enough.Another case of a lead in the game,and three consecutive turnovers to lose.Then with a chance to tie,another turnover.Not enough fortitude to execute at the end.This team has no leader or go to player for situations like that.One more blasé performance.

Yes back to the old habits of throwing really horrible passes. Got to take care of the ball to beat anybody.

I've not given up on either men or women's basketball programs, but it is really frustrating to watch right now. More so the women team because they have top 5 talent.

So who do you boycott if you don't like the officiating?

Look I hear youo...there have been games where it has been ATROCIOUS this year. LSU game being the primary example. But today's loss was not decided on officiating. Sorry it just wasn't.

Today's loss was due to sloppy, undisciplined, and careless basketball. If they play even one half of this game like the first half of the Notre Dame game we win by 10 or more.

Some people like Geno and Pat put the fear of God in their players. Some do not. Holly Warlick at this point does not. Lets not even go there with Cuonzo....

I agree. Each possession is important. Just carelessly throwing the ball away and putting up quick lower percentage shots just gave the game away. They need to slow down when the fast break is not there. Quick passes that aren't open and quick shots just ruin the offense.

VN Store

Back