Game Thread Lady Vols vs Carson-Newman College

Box score out Middleton had five steals that is terrific. She is far more athletic than I expected has a great three point stroke she is going to be a player for us.
Jones had five assists and only two turnovers which is sensational don't ever remember her passing but it is in the box score. If she can get five assists to two turnovers she has to play really sorry I missed those assists. A little surprised at that thought I was watching the game.
Don't feel bad. I missed them too and I was there. Middleton was much more impressive than I imagined from reading posts about her. She looks like a real gamer.
Also, Jordan did a good job under bad circumstances. She was the only PG available (Middleton seemed to play some "point"). Kudos to Jordan for stepping up and running the team.

having too many guards this year down to two for the game. Obviously the weakness is on perimeter defense in the coming real game.

We scored 90 with 3 rookies and 2 players that see very limited playing time. I'm not sure why anyone would think this group would look like a well oiled machine. Defense is about communication and they picked it up a little in the second half. This first regular season game could be rough but at least they know what to expect now. I was fairly pleased considering the players we had available. People proclaiming this teams shortcomings and weaknesses based on this game is kind of nutty since you won't see this lineup again after the third game. We have no idea what this team will look like until we see the players that will eat up a majority of the minutes in a game/games.

Reactions: 4 people
Yes, very impressed with all three freshmen especially Middleton. They will all play a lot of minutes this year. I can see Dunbar playing some 3/4. She is very tall. Nared too. Middleton can defend. That is why she is playing.

Not seen any improvement in her passing skills so far.

Did the box score have her with five assists? I was there and must have missed them all. Did you see them? Maybe she's so smooth I didn't see them. Must admit, I was focusing on Nia and the freshmen.

We scored 90 with 3 rookies and 2 players that see very limited playing time. I'm not sure why anyone would think this group would look like a well oiled machine. Defense is about communication and they picked it up a little in the second half. This first regular season game could be rough but at least they know what to expect now. I was fairly pleased considering the players we had available. People proclaiming this teams shortcomings and weaknesses based on this game is kind of nutty since you won't see this lineup again after the third game. We have no idea what this team will look like until we see the players that will eat up a majority of the minutes in a game/games.

You must be a carpenter because you nailed it!:good!:

VN Store

Back