Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Team NCAA Regionals

Yeah, the rain is coming down pretty good right now in west Knoxville.

I assume there is no softball being played right now ? it is raining cats and dogs here,I'm like 50 to 60 miles north of Knoxville

Hey Knoxvillians I am in Alexandria ,Va ,how does it look in getting this game in tonite ?

The games have been postponed for tonight....new schedule will be up on UTsports.com later tonight

New schedule:

Saturday

Session 1

Game 1: Arizona vs. Ohio State | 10 a.m. | TV: None

Game 2: Tennessee vs. Marist | 12 p.m. | TV: TBD

Session 2

Game 3: G1 Winner vs. G2 Winner | 2:30 p.m. | TV: TBD

Game 4: G1 Loser vs. G2 Loser | 5 p.m. | TV: TBD

Sunday

Game 5: G3 Loser vs. G4 Winner | 12 p.m. | TV: TBD

Game 6: G3 Winner vs. G5 Winner | 2:30 p.m. | TV: TBD

Game 7: G6 Winner vs. G6 Loser (If necessary) | 5 p.m. | TV: TBD

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure the Arizona-OSU game will be on TV. One of the ESPN Network stations will surely pick it up. I know 10 AM is an early start but I think it will be on TV.

None of the ESPN Networks have anything special or live coverage at 10 AM so if I had to guess it would be ESPNU though.

I'd say the UT-Marist game will still be on ESPN2 like originally scheduled.

hopefully the pitching is great and the bats are hot, it would be nice to have a Mercy rule win in the first one

Reactions: 2 people
Why wouldn't you have the losers play first game tomorrow and the winners second game?

Why wouldn't you have the losers play first game tomorrow and the winners second game?

Because that's not the way the NCAA regional format works. Regardless of delays or postponements, the winner's bracket game is always played before the loser's bracket game.

I'm sure the Arizona-OSU game will be on TV. One of the ESPN Network stations will surely pick it up. I know 10 AM is an early start but I think it will be on TV.

None of the ESPN Networks have anything special or live coverage at 10 AM so if I had to guess it would be ESPNU though.

I'd say the UT-Marist game will still be on ESPN2 like originally scheduled.

There will be no television or online coverage of OSU-Arizona.

Also, the rule I stated earlier about teams not playing three games in a day was apparently done away with several years ago. My mistake.

There will be no television or online coverage of OSU-Arizona.

Also, the rule I stated earlier about teams not playing three games in a day was apparently done away with several years ago. My mistake.

I don't understand the bold above. That's not fair to these 2 schools. How could the NCAA get by with this? Not showing this game on TV? How did you find out this game wouldn't be on TV?

All of these 1st round games have had TV coverage somewhere on TV. Both Thursday & today's games as well. They were all on TV. I don't get it. Please tell me more about this. Is this some sort of rule for the NCAA tourney?

What if this was the Lady Vols game that was canceled? No TV coverage for that one the next day it resumes? On their home field? Or, you could ask the same question for it being any other one of the top teams being in the same situation. It's not right or fair & I don't get it. DeerPark please tell me more about this if you know. Thanks!

will there be TV or a stream for the Lady Vols is the important question tony :)

and did you see me yesterday ? I drove thru blowing the horn and waved a lot

especially at the speed trap lol

I don't understand the bold above. That's not fair to these 2 schools. How could the NCAA get by with this? Not showing this game on TV? How did you find out this game wouldn't be on TV?

All of these 1st round games have had TV coverage somewhere on TV. Both Thursday & today's games as well. They were all on TV. I don't get it. Please tell me more about this. Is this some sort of rule for the NCAA tourney?

What if this was the Lady Vols game that was canceled? No TV coverage for that one the next day it resumes? On their home field? Or, you could ask the same question for it being any other one of the top teams being in the same situation. It's not right or fair & I don't get it. DeerPark please tell me more about this if you know. Thanks!

ESPN makes the call on what games they will show and decided not to air the conclusion of the first game. If they don't want to broadcast it, they don't have to.

ESPN made the call to stick with their original plan pf producing and airing three full games today.

They did not cover every other first round game. The games at UCLA and Washington have no TV coverage.

VN Store

Back