Game Thread Lady Vols Softball NCAA REGIONALS

Early in the game Arnold's pitch location was really terrible. A better hitting team like Georgia would've done more than JMU was able to do. After Karen kept counseling her inning after inning she did get a lot better.

Arnold starting again today. Holcomb back in the order at the 2 spot. If the umps are watching the box, she probably won't last long there.

NW getting after UGA. Ohio will be fired up, too. Their ace has a much better ERA than either of ours. I'm sure we're not taking them for granted... but a scrappy underdog ready to fight can be dangerous.

We had it set up in the first inning no one could deliver. We are at least making their pitcher work 50 pitches in two innings. Hopefully we win this game but if not got to get her pitch count where she wouldn't be a factor in the next game. After her their pitching is not very good.

What is the Northwestern pitcher doing that is any different than what Kelly Barnhill of Florida does on almost every pitch?

Jim

One thing for certain you can always rope a dope these mid-major teams. They always throw through on that steal second base with runners on first and third and runner from third scores. We've done it twice in this series thus far.

I've come to the conclusion that Branhill get favored because she plays for Florida. No way she doesn't throw illegal pitches every game she pitches. I've seen her foot land out of the pitchers box numerous times and both feet of the ground for an instant.

Our pitching was superb in the regionals. Arnold and Moss seem healthy and locked in. UGA's hitting has been on fire against unranked teams-- less so against the Ole Miss and Arky aces-- so our pitching will be key to beating them. Arnold said she's feeling confident and in control; hopefully, Moss is, too, after Friday's big W.

On to the Supers!

I've come to the conclusion that Branhill get favored because she plays for Florida. No way she doesn't throw illegal pitches every game she pitches. I've seen her foot land out of the pitchers box numerous times and both feet of the ground for an instant.

You are correct

Does anyone know what time game will be Friday. Also does anyone know a nice campground near the stadium. Thanks!

The in-game commentary is better than the drive-by commentary afterward. In-game posters are softball fans commenting real-time on the game; the drive-bys flit in to act superior and take potshots at other posters.

Or we're actually at the game. But whatever. Yes, I took a potshot at someone who has never posted anything positive about the team or staff. Go ahead, search the posts. Every one is negative. It just bothers me.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back