Game Thread Lady Vols Softball in the Eagle Round Robin

Top of 5th. Vines flies out to deep 2nd. Gregg walks after falling behind, mcswain bombs one out. 2 run blast. 7 to 0 lvs

I think catcher was the one place (other than pitcher) I would have never expected her to be.

Yep me too. I thought Scarlett may have transferred due to the disaster at 3rd base last year. Ralph said she was a pretty good catcher. Also just hit a HR to left. Maybe will provide more power than the 3 dingers last year.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep me too. I thought Scarlett may have transferred due to the disaster at 3rd base last year. Ralph said she was a pretty good catcher. Also just hit a HR to left. Maybe will provide more power than the 3 dingers last year.

She appears to be a pretty good athlete so I could see her being a decent catcher. She's got power and was a pretty good hitter her freshman year so I'm hoping last year was just the sophomore slump. Maybe the defensive issues got in her head all the way around. She is a sweet kid so I'd love to see her do well.

Reactions: 1 person
Diving grab by Holcombe in left. Great play. Ground out to Leach. Nice double by the next batter. Ground out leach. Inning over.

She's a Tenn kid and a fighter.

Love that Karen kept Arnold in with the bases loaded! Tells me Karen sees something this freshman has inside of her!

Top of 6th. McClain walks. Leach reaches on an error. McClain almost caught off the bag at second. Geer walks . Bases loaded for vines. Let's end it here.

Vines infield out. One run in. Gregg towering foul ball. Gregg two run single. 10 to 0 tn

Gregg bobbles a grounder but still throws the runner out. Strikeout after falling behind 2 to 0. Another strikeout. Game over.

Gregg bobbles a grounder but still throws the runner out. Strikeout after falling behind 2 to 0. Another strikeout. Game over.

Jeff,thank you for your updates. You help us see the game in our mind's eye. I know you don't have time during the game,but can you give us perspective on Lady Vols performance. Thanks again and Go Lady Vols!!

Holcomb probably going to grab that outfield spot before the weekend is over and that will leave Lockman and McSwain to battle for that catchers spot.

Jeff,thank you for your updates. You help us see the game in our mind's eye. I know you don't have time during the game,but can you give us perspective on Lady Vols performance. Thanks again and Go Lady Vols!!

Gregg is in mid season form. Arnold pitched well, nice change, good control, good velocity. Morrison fell behind the batters in her inning. Seggern will be at third for 4 years from the look of her. Lockman needs to find her bat. Mcswain hopefully has the so slump behind her she had a boo.ing home run. Holcombe made some plays. A couple of errors but none from third base or second base where all the trouble was last year.

I finally made it here,had a doctors appointment today,no shots in the hiney,so everything is good :)

when is the 2nd game suppose to start ? it is saying the game hasn't started yet

VN Store

Back