Game Thread Lady Vols in the SEC Tournament

I dont know if anybody will see this, being this thread is old. But if there are any people of prayer out there i would appreciate it if yall would send some prayers up. My dad is having open heart surgery after having a heart attack and discovering 90% blockage in all four main vessels. The whole situation is very stressful... I come on this board to discuss hoops and I love the interaction and it has been distracting me from all that is going on. Thanks everyone

Prayers for your dad...

Just a few images I made at the SEC tourney. Disappointment was the topic among Lady Vols fans.

Nicky Is Not Happy

Free Throws Forthcoming

Rebound Battle

Robinson

Robinson

Reactions: 2 people
I was thinking the same thing at the beginning of the season, but Dawn Staley has the most talented and experienced team in women's Division I basketball,if you look at individual player rankings, and she hasn't impressed me yet. At the beginning of the season, if there was one team that I thought would go undefeated, it was South Carolina. Dawn hasn't learned how to play all that talent together. Kaela Davis had her breakout game in the season opener and has been only average since.

My bad man i'm just seeing your response. I feel you though but you still have to recognize what Dawn has done at S. Car I mean when have we known them to consistently rank inside the top 5 over a 5 year span, hell never! She has USC atop the conference year in & year out.

I had OHS 2 1/2 years ago for AVR (no blockages) and it was not nearly as bad as I feared. I did have a complication (surgeon nicked a vein so I bled into the pericardium and my heart kept stopping) but after the surgeon came back and opened me back up and fixed it, I was fine. I had the quickest, easiest recovery you can imagine! I recommend you check out a website (I think it is heart-valve-surgery) which can be a great support and there is a book written by Adam Pick that will be a huge help to you as your dad's support system! My daughters read it and it was invaluable to them for helping me. When he feels better, I highly recommend going for the heart rehab program for the maximum number of visits--it will help so much in so many ways!

Best wishes to you and your dad! Even if they have already done the surgery, get the book as it will really help you to deal with OHS! And great support on the website! I will continue to think about you and him.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! My dad made it through his quadruple bypass surgery. When life throws curve balls at you and the future seems uncertain, it makes you put things into perspective. Finally its MARCH MADNESS! & Now back to trashing Holly. (just kidding, I feel like I am too harsh on her but the emotions that basketball gives you are FOR REAL! I am hoping we draw a good seed so we can make a run!!!)

Reactions: 2 people
Those are some fine photos you posted. You really caught the action.

What camera, flash, etc. did you use?

rizla

Those are some fine photos you posted. You really caught the action.

What camera, flash, etc. did you use?

rizla
The camera is an Olympus OMD E-M1. I used a 75mm 1.8 lens which is equivalent to a 150mm on a full frame camera. Flash is not allowed.

VN Store

Back