Game Thread Lady Vols at Vanderbilt

We'll need to play better to beat Arkansas no reason we want play a lot better. If we can get that game we have two home games coming up would be able to get to 10 and 3 in the league. Since one of the home games is Georgia that would give us at least a tie for second in the league.
I hope the freshmen can hold up they played so well early in the season everyone's expectation got a little to high. I am still hoping for a second place finish in the SEC and making the top 16 and getting two NCAA games at home.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe they don't want to risk concussions? Think Jazmine Jones. Concussions cut her career at TN short. That's why I don't like flopping.

I think it works against us if our players lack aggression because they are in fear of concussions. Blocking out and taking charges is part of the game. Maybe that is the reason our defense in the middle is so soft. The better teams, l.e. N.D., though they are short on players, they still play aggressively.

I think it works against us if our players lack aggression because they are in fear of concussions. Blocking out and taking charges is part of the game. Maybe that is the reason our defense in the middle is so soft. The better teams, l.e. N.D., though they are short on players, they still play aggressively.
Blocking out and blocking shots will do away the soft label. Maybe Davis can jam in a dunk!

Reactions: 1 person
B

Oh no, not again, for the last 6 years it is always the players and never Holly. Why do we keep on recruiting such dumb players?

actually I think it was all the injuries,every year a couple of starters were either out or had nagging injuries

hard to do well like that

Reactions: 4 people
actually I think it was all the injuries,every year a couple of starters were either out or had nagging injuries

hard to do well like that

The injury bug? That excuse has been worn out, tossed aside and lit on fire. The only people who believe that are her fans.

It's her lack of coaching skills and development of players.

GOLadyVols!

Reactions: 2 people
The injury bug? That excuse has been worn out, tossed aside and lit on fire. The only people who believe that are her fans.

It's her lack of coaching skills and development of players.

GOLadyVols!

It’s a fact at this point. Izzy, JJ, Graves, Carter, Reynolds, Massengale were all injured at in opportune moments during Tennessee’s FF push. I can think of two EE games that we coulda/shoulda/woulda won had we been fully healthy.

It’s a fact at this point. Izzy, JJ, Graves, Carter, Reynolds, Massengale were all injured at in opportune moments during Tennessee’s FF push. I can think of two EE games that we coulda/shoulda/woulda won had we been fully healthy.

Diamond Deshields, Mercedes Russell, Jaime Nared weren't injured last season and we all know how they played, the record breaking (not good records btw) and a lot of 'I don't Knows' from the coach.

Enough about Holly, my bad.:mf_surrender:

GOLadyVols

It’s a fact at this point. Izzy, JJ, Graves, Carter, Reynolds, Massengale were all injured at in opportune moments during Tennessee’s FF push.]

I guess National Champ Dawn Staley didn't get the memo that Tennessee is the only program with injuries at inopportune times when Alaina Coates was lost for the postseason....

I guess National Champ Dawn Staley didn't get the memo that Tennessee is the only program with injuries at inopportune times when Alaina Coates was lost for the postseason....

Did South Carolina play anyone with a post presence last year to win the title? Her injury didn’t hurt them as much IMO...........

Did South Carolina play anyone with a post presence last year to win the title? Her injury didn’t hurt them as much IMO...........

None of the players you listed are as good as Coates. Not even close.

The point is every program deals with injuries. To continue to use that as a crutch to justify Holly's shortcomings in her sixth season of coaching is weak and tired....

The point is every program deals with injuries. To continue to use that as a crutch to justify Holly's shortcomings in her sixth season of coaching is weak and tired....

Izzy was better than Coates, and I’m not justifying Holly’s weaknesses in her sixth season, I’m stating the injuries that were incurred that could have possibly prevented her from making a FF in PREVIOUS seasons. Are you comprehending the post?

The Maryland game where they had 3 AAs, including a post who Izzy struggled against in the tournament loss the previous season?

Or that 22 point stomping by Syracuse that could have been avoided if the incomparable Jordan Reynolds had played?

The Maryland game where they had 3 AAs, including a post who Izzy struggled against in the tournament loss the previous season?

Or that 22 point stomping by Syracuse that could have been avoided if the incomparable Jordan Reynolds had played?

Yea the game where we were missing Ariel’s outside shooting and JJs defensive toughness.

Or yea the loss against Syracuse where Carter and Graves played with broken fingers.

Izzy was better than Coates,

Only through your orange-tinted lenses. And I like Izzy, but by any objective measure Coates is a better player.

Yea the game where we were missing Ariel’s outside shooting and JJs defensive toughness.

Or yea the loss against Syracuse where Carter and Graves played with broken fingers.

I think you're confused. Ariel played against Maryland, and I think she led the team in scoring? Izzy was out. You can at least make a legitimate argument for that game as it was competitive. The Syracuse game, on the other hand, was a thorough butt-kicking. You're really reaching if you want to put that loss on injuries...

So Coats was all that? Those players were just important to us in the scheme of things!!

So Coats was all that? Those players were just important to us in the scheme of things!!

Coates was the #2 pick in the WNBA draft even though they knew she couldn't play that year, so yeah...she was all that.

Jordan was blamed for Tennessee's poor performance all year because she stunk as a PG, but then she's out injured and all of a sudden she's a difference maker? Or Carter, who was equally bad? They had Middleton and Cooper, both AAs who should have been able to slide in without missing a beat, but they played just as panicked as the rest of the team. That game wasn't lost because of injuries. It was lost because the team laid an egg.

Only through your orange-tinted lenses. And I like Izzy, but by any objective measure Coates is a better player.

Your opinion. Izzy was a better player than Coates in my eyes.

I think you're confused. Ariel played against Maryland, and I think she led the team in scoring? Izzy was out. You can at least make a legitimate argument for that game as it was competitive. The Syracuse game, on the other hand, was a thorough butt-kicking. You're really reaching if you want to put that loss on injuries...

I’m not confused, we played Maryland back to back years, one year Ariel was out with concussion like symptoms and the next year Izzy was out with a torn ACL.

I’m not confused, we played Maryland back to back years, one year Ariel was out with concussion like symptoms and the next year Izzy was out with a torn ACL.

The year they didn't even make it to the Elite Eight? The year Maryland dominated the game from start to finish? The year that even if they had miraculously beaten Maryland, they would have to play Louisville on their homecourt (and Holly has such a great track record against Louisville)?

Sorry, Massengale was a nice role player but her absence wasn't the reason Holly didn't make the Final Four that season....

The year they didn't even make it to the Elite Eight? The year Maryland dominated the game from start to finish? The year that even if they had miraculously beaten Maryland, they would have to play Louisville on their homecourt (and Holly has such a great track record against Louisville)?

Sorry, Massengale was a nice role player but her absence wasn't the reason Holly didn't make the Final Four that season....
Massengale was having a breakout year that year so I don’t think she would have been considered a role player.

Massengale was having a breakout year that year so I don’t think she would have been considered a role player.

Her numbers were remarkably consistent throughout her career and she was never All-SEC so she wasn't the star you're remembering her to be either.

Regardless, the main point is if you're arguing her absence is the reason the team didn't make the Final Four that season you're making another huge reach....

VN Store

Back