Game Thread Lady Vols at South Carolina

Dunbar kind of put a dagger in their hearts with those two threes in about a minute. So happy for Kortney she is having a good senior season has made some very important shots.

Freshmen were 16 of 27 from the field we got to the line 28 times that is winning basketball.

She started it and the Freshmen finished it. That bodes well for us moving forward to know that we can get a spark from anyone on the court.

Reactions: 1 person
Me too, but everybody else was saying walking?!? So I was really confused.

Aren’t casts for breaks/fractures? Seems like a little more than a sprain but who knows.

I was excited also to see Holly sit Meme after she thought it was funny to make a totally ill advised pass. She needs to throttle back on the one handed passes sometimes. She is improved but the b-ball IQ has a ways to come.

Get used to it...the girls game has evolved.

Moments after the announcers chastised her for that they wowed over a one-hand entry from an SC player from the very same spot at the top of the key. And a few possessions later Meme threw a one-handed dart to Mercedes for a quick score

Aren’t casts for breaks/fractures? Seems like a little more than a sprain but who knows.

I was excited also to see Holly sit Meme after she thought it was funny to make a totally ill advised pass. She needs to throttle back on the one handed passes sometimes. She is improved but the b-ball IQ has a ways to come.

And Meme started the game off so well too. I mean, she's a junior. She can't be doing stuff like that and still expect to stay on the court.

She did play good defense on Harris, though. Really made her work for her points, and probably had a hand in her being gassed at the end of the game.

Get used to it...the girls game has evolved.

Moments after the announcers chastised her for that they wowed over a one-hand entry from an SC player from the very same spot at the top of the key. And a few possessions later Meme threw a one-handed dart to Mercedes for a quick score

Yea but their pg hit their post player who was wide open Meme threw the ball away on a fast break. I was just glad to see Holly sit and talk to her. She got back into the 4th more focused it seemed and helped turn up the perimeter D. Holly may not be as nice as I thought she was when I met her in the last 😂

And Meme started the game off so well too. I mean, she's a junior. She can't be doing stuff like that and still expect to stay on the court.

She did play good defense on Harris, though. Really made her work for her points, and probably had a hand in her being gassed at the end of the game.

We just said the same thing! 😁

I vaguely recall the announcers mentioning that the cast was precautionary. Given how relatively common it is for players to go flying into the benches during play, it seems pretty smart to me to put a cast on a sprain as as extra layer of protection against someone accidentally landing on it. If I were a trainer I'd doi it, then just cut it off and replace it with a boot right after the game.

Agreed, Mimi jacking up shots isn’t a good look for us. But her defense is valuable enough to play her for 25 mins.

Positives:

- We won by double digits

- Although it didn't feel like it at times, Lady Vols won or outscored South Carolina every quarter

Areas to improve:

- Turnovers too high and not taking care of the ball in general seems to be getting worse not better

- With South Carolina without Wilson, they should have and could have won by more and sent a message. Unfortunately I think the message South Carolina takes away is they could win if they were with a full roster

Yes, Meme is a junior, but unlike our current crop of freshmen, Meme only played mop-up minutes in only 21 games as a freshman, and played acfairly minor role last season. So this is really the first season Jackson has been a starter, and sometimes it shows.

Her early makes were huge in getting Tennessee out front and believing they can win today. With any luck she'll clean up some of the sloppy passing, etc., and then have an excellent senior season nextbyear.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, Meme is a junior, but unlike our current crop of freshmen, Meme only played mop-up minutes in only 21 games as a freshman, and played acfairly minor role last season. So this is really the first season Jackson has been a starter, and sometimes it shows.

Her early makes were huge in getting Tennessee out front and believing they can win today. With any luck she'll clean up some of the sloppy passing, etc., and then have an excellent senior season nextbyear.

She worked her tail off over the summer. This year she will work even harder. Especially on drives.

Positives:

- We won by double digits

- Although it didn't feel like it at times, Lady Vols won or outscored South Carolina every quarter

Areas to improve:

- Turnovers too high and not taking care of the ball in general seems to be getting worse not better

- With South Carolina without Wilson, they should have and could have won by more and sent a message. Unfortunately I think the message South Carolina takes away is they could win if they were with a full roster

Another take away is that the freshman figured out how to get through the press after a few turnovers and that those freshman played well on the road in front of a pretty packed house.

I don’t like the turnovers but when they lessen as the game goes on it doesn’t seem as noticeable.

I think shot selection can still use some work. Also shooting on balance.

I’m amazed at how well they are meshing. Annie, Evina, and Rennia all touched the ball so much last year with their teams.

Rebounding was also a plus

Don;t come in and try to start some crap!

Troll

If he is wise, he is saying, "My little girl is playing on the #6 team in the country and has a chance to be inthe top five by next week".

How is that being a troll?

One of our members has access and shared knowledge after the last game. Would like to see his thoughts after the win.

How is that being a troll?

One of our members has access and shared knowledge after the last game. Would like to see his thoughts after the win.

Parents haven't changed, teacher, the warped sense of adult-intellect with networks like Nick and Disney portraying parents as idiots is what has changed things.

Leave Hayes alone.

She just had a great game off the bench. I have coached (not a teacher, a coach!) for more than 2/3 of my life...The singlemost impossible role to fill is sixth man. You can't recruit for that role. It is one that has to be accepted, relished and ready at an instant. She does this.

And ANYONE that goes on this board and instigates things that will turn the tide of this team will face me! And right now, stirring up this topic again that you started with the TAMU post-game presser is just looking for a way to disrupt progress....That is the epitome of a troll.

Maybe you're not a troll...Act like it.

Cooper, Law are already watching us float back to the top. I'd prefer not to lose another member.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Parents haven't changed, teacher, the warped sense of adult-intellect with networks like Nick and Disney portraying parents as idiots is what has changed things.

Leave Hayes alone.

She just had a great game off the bench. I have coached (not a teacher, a coach!) for more than 2/3 of my life...The singlemost impossible role to fill is sixth man. You can't recruit for that role. It is one that has to be accepted, relished and ready at an instant. She does this.

And ANYONE that goes on this board and instigates things that will turn the tide of this team will face me! And right now, stirring up this topic again that you started with the TAMU post-game presser is just looking for a way to disrupt progress....That is the epitome of a troll.

Maybe you're not a troll...Act like it.
Who died and left you in charge? Decker wasn't trolling. If anything, he was smacking Annie's dad in the mouth for spouting off. Maybe that gash in your head is a little more serious than you thought.

Reactions: 4 people
Who died and left you in charge? Decker wasn't trolling. If anything, he was smacking Annie's dad in the mouth for spouting off. Maybe that gash in your head is a little more serious than you thought.

Maybe it is. It sure has dealt me a rough weekend......But it sure felt like bringing this back up after win was just fanning the flames instead of letting them smolder out

Reactions: 3 people
Hello Lady Vol Guards, u ran the Gamecocks guards out of the gym with your continued pressure defense and uptempo offense keep attacking, they were dead on their feet the last 3 minutes of the game, couldn't stay in front of anyone!!! A. Hayes came in and turned the game into a blur WOW!!! Now please both u and Evina eliminate unforced errors. Mercedes Russell with all those WNBA coaches looking on, welcome to the WNBA u were completely unstoppable at both ends of the court. Hey coaches Jamie playing to many minutes, we can all see she has no lift on her shot when she is tired please give her a breather so she can be fresh in the 4th quarter. Great Win!!! looking forward to the ND Game.

Maybe it is. It sure has dealt me a rough weekend......But it sure felt like bringing this back up after win was just fanning the flames instead of letting them smolder out
I think his point was to point out how stupid his rant was. Take two goody powders, grab an ice pack and hit the hay. We don't need you running around in here all goofy. Hope you heal up quick.

VN Store

Back