Game Thread Lady Vols at Missouri

I saw Meme bark at Russell once when Sophie beat her off the dribble. There was no one between Sophie and the basket, yet Russell stayed on the opposite side of the baseline guarding her player and letting Sophie have an easy layup. And that wasn't the only time. The help defense on those baseline drives was atrocious.

Happens all the time. She is out of position so she can't provide off side help. Watch her she plays with her back to the ball and can't see the court so small guards are clear to drive on the weak side. Seen it all year, looks like a coach could also.

Reactions: 3 people
Happens all the time. She is out of position so she can't provide off side help. Watch her she plays with her back to the ball and can't see the court so small guards are clear to drive on the weak side. Seen it all year, looks like a coach could also.

In this particular case, she was denying a pass to Frericks(?) while facing Sophie, who went straight to the basket for a layup. I mean, she was looking right at her and let her go straight up with nary a hand up.

Reactions: 2 people
What's with the unbreakable press that shows up for 4 minutes in the 3rd quarter, erases the lead, then disappears. I mean, they were pressing in the 4th, but not with the same intensity and coordination.
True, for a couple of reasons, I think.
1. Fatigue. It's difficult to play at that intensity for long stretches of time.
2. Missouri became familiar with how we were pressing and made the appropriate adjustments.
But you're right. There was a stretch in the 3rd quarter where Missouri couldn't get the ball past half court and we actually took the lead.

In this particular case, she was denying a pass to Frericks(?) while facing Sophie, who went straight to the basket for a layup. I mean, she was looking right at her and let her go straight up with nary a hand up.

I see a lot of bad fundamentals that should have been corrected two years ago. Afraid her wnba career will be short unless she gets a coach who will work with her

Reactions: 2 people
The lack of weak side help re: MR occurred again late again in the 4Q. Sophie saw the same opportunity or the coach drew it up and she took it to the hole successfully. IMHO, this is a prime example where CHW has to DEMAND EFFORT from MR. I guess that ship has sailed unfortunately. Come on, how much exertion does it take to move 3 steps from the other side of the paint? At least give the impression that you are going to be shut off from the rim.

Reactions: 1 person
Watching these teams who've never won anything exult over a win over once mighty Tennessee is hard to swallow--its like watching hyenas taunting a dying lion on the National Geo channel.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back