Game Thread Lady Vols at Florida

What dies this game mean in terms of seeding for the SEC tourney? Does it help?

Not where it matters. They need to beat SC and hope LSU, Georgia and Mizzou all lose. They will in all likelihood finish #6 whether they beat SC or not, assume.ing no other upsets.

Kamera holds the national high school record for number of blocks in a game. Guess whose record she broke? Britney Griner’s! She says the key to making blocks is NOT TO JUMP when going for a block. It’s all about anticipation.

just like the USC game, Tn lucked out when Florida's best player/ball handler missed the game by injury. Nothing good about this game except I got to rub it in my gator son's face. lol

Somebody else showed up in with a white hat and sat behind me, so the mojo was working extra!. Fl was doomed!

What does this game mean in terms of seeding for the SEC tourney? Does it help?
If GA had lost last night it would have been a big boost. We need to win Sun and get some help to get 4 or 5 seed. I think that is right.

What would happen if Texas A&M and Tennessee tie. Since they both won 1 game each in regular season, what is the tie breaker.

I do not see Georgia losing to Florida, so even if Tennessee beats SC, they could end up a 5, 6 or 7 in the SEC.

For the NCAA, if Tennessee gets beat by SC and then loses the first game of the SEC tournament, they would probably drop to a 4 or 5 seed? I guess if they lose to SC, win the first SEC tournament game , then lose the next, they might keep a 3 , but maybe a 4.

What would happen if Texas A&M and Tennessee tie. Since they both won 1 game each in regular season, what is the tie breaker.

I do not see Georgia losing to Florida, so even if Tennessee beats SC, they could end up a 5, 6 or 7 in the SEC.

For the NCAA, if Tennessee gets beat by SC and then loses the first game of the SEC tournament, they would probably drop to a 4 or 5 seed? I guess if they lose to SC, win the first SEC tournament game , then lose the next, they might keep a 3 , but maybe a 4.

I think the next step is SEC conference record.

71 shots to their 49. 42 percent from the field to their 37=blowout. You get 22 more shots it raises your chances enormously to win unless the other team is compensating at the foul line. We win even if we shoot 30 percent because of the shot differential. I wish we could play this type of effective basketball everytime we play a game.

Right now we could be the 7 vs 10 game or the 6 vs winner of 12 and 13 game. Five seed plays the 11 vs 14 winner. Were not finishing in the top four no way Florida beats Georgia at their place. Miss St, Missouri, and LSU all have tiebreakers on us. We need to win to stop A&M. Even 11 and 5 could seed you in the middle of the league. Even if we beat SC we have one more loss than they do. Bama, LSU losses were killers.

My best guess is that we will be playing Auburn.

Last edited:
Right now we could be the 7 vs 10 game or the 6 vs winner of 12 and 13 game. Five seed plays the 11 vs 14 winner. Were not finishing in the top four no way Florida beats Georgia at their place. Miss St, Missouri, and LSU all have tiebreakers on us. We need to win to stop A&M. Even 11 and 5 could seed you in the middle of the league. Even if we beat SC we have one more loss than they do. Bama, LSU losses were killers.

My best guess is that we will be playing Auburn.
Yes and if we win maybe SC for a third time.

I am a member of another Lady Vol site and read that Nared went to Holly and said she should take out players that do no play hard. If it is true, I am glad Nared had the guts to address this issue with Holly. Supposedly Nared named names.

Russell certainly needs to play a lot harder. I certainly question if she always plays hard. If she had the toughness and desire of a Sophie Cunningham, we would be almost unbeatable. How you play as a senior can affect how underclassman play. Especially when you have a player that is considered one of the best at her position.

However, I still believe that the issue is Holly being way too soft. She should not need a player to suggest that she take out players that are not playing hard.Holly should not need an assistant to tell her when she needs to call a timeout. There is no reason why the Lady Vols should not always play as hard as they did in the second half of the Florida game. That is all on HOLLY.

Reactions: 2 people
I am a member of another Lady Vol site and read that Nared went to Holly and said she should take out players that do no play hard. If it is true, I am glad Nared had the guts to address this issue with Holly. Supposedly Nared named names.

Russell certainly needs to play a lot harder. I certainly question if she always plays hard. If she had the toughness and desire of a Sophie Cunningham, we would be almost unbeatable. How you play as a senior can affect how underclassman play. Especially when you have a player that is considered one of the best at her position.

However, I still believe that the issue is Holly being way too soft. She should not need a player to suggest that she take out players that are not playing hard.Holly should not need an assistant to tell her when she needs to call a timeout. There is no reason why the Lady Vols should not always play as hard as they did in the second half of the Florida game. That is all on HOLLY.
Teacherdean, I’m apart of that same site, why didn’t you say the same thing there, that you’re saying here?!?! Why don’t you spew any of the rhetoric that you speak of about Holly on there?

Reactions: 3 people
Teacherdean, I’m apart of that same site, why didn’t you say the same thing there, that you’re saying here?!?! Why don’t you spew any of the rhetoric that you speak of about Holly on there.

A I am not on that site as teacherdean, so I know that you are a lying azz. If you have read some of my post on the site, I have said the same thing about Russell and Holly. Don’t tell lies to get likes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
[/QUOTE] A I am not on that site as teacherdean, so I know that you are a lying azz. If you have read some of my post on the site, I have said the same thing about Russell and Holly. Don’t tell lies to get likes. It takes a real low life to outright lie.[/QUOTE]

These likes don’t pay my bills so, trust me, I don’t post on an Internet forum to get “likes”, nor do I LIE! What would be the purpose of me lying?!?! What would I gain?!?!

And Duh I know you’re not on that site as teacherdean! 🙄 that’s obvious, I didn’t say you were.

I’m saying, I seen the same post and I didn’t see any of the comments you’re saying on here, on there. Here on VolNation, you’re constantly analyzing Holly, I just want you to keep that same energy when you’re in a more open forum.

I can say that Russell doesn't play hard every game she picks her games. I think her performance against LSU and Bama were totally terrible. I really don't like her effort on defense of course she is not someone that can guard the rim even though she is 6'6" but she should be able to get in front of a driving player at least.
She definitely shouldn't get all the blame as Nared has never seen a shot she didn't like and until the last couple of games Westbrook and Hayes had turned in turnover machines.

The point is team should work out all these problems and Holly should be coach enough to get this team on one page. The fact that we went away from the forced pass inside against florida was a start. We didn't shoot very well in the first half but we stayed with the game plan and in the second half the shooting came around.

If they play tough defense and don't turn the ball over I think they can be in the game with anybody going into the last three minutes. If your going to play sloppy D and allow easy shots around the basket and offensive rebounds by the opponent then you will lose as much as you win no matter your talent advantage.

I want to hope that Holly is evolving as a coach that she will make the tough decisions on players when needed and point out their deficiencies during a game. We can all see who is playing hard and who is not when we watch a game. I am sure Holly can as well and she sometimes just ignores the obvious.
I thought we got a lot of tough play out of Green against Florida if she has to take some of Russell's minutes or most of them so be it if she is making the necessary contribution on defense that allows us the opportunity to win.

We want good shot attempts on every possession not flings at the basket that we get occasionally. I have hope we can still make a huge run in the NCAA but this team will have to show some toughness and basketball IQ that has been lacking quite a bit this season.

Reactions: 2 people
A I am not on that site as teacherdean, so I know that you are a lying azz. If you have read some of my post on the site, I have said the same thing about Russell and Holly. Don’t tell lies to get likes. It takes a real low life to outright lie.[/QUOTE]

These likes don’t pay my bills so, trust me, I don’t post on an Internet forum to get “likes”, nor do I LIE! What would be the purpose of me lying?!?! What would I gain?!?!

And Duh I know you’re not on that site as teacherdean! 🙄 that’s obvious, I didn’t say you were.

I’m saying, I seen the same post and I didn’t see any of the comments you’re saying on here, on there. Here on VolNation, you’re constantly analyzing Holly, I just want you to keep that same energy when you’re in a more open forum.[/QUOTE]

You have no clue what I say on another sight. Thanks for your advice but you tend to you business and keep your head up Holly’s rear. I have analyzed Holly on the other sight, you are ether lying if you say I have not or you are speaking out your rear which you do quite often. No I did not address that particular comment on the other site if it is any of your business. And Duh why don’t you keep your trap shut if you are clueless as to what I say on another site.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back